Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
    This is awesome. Anyone have any popcorn?
    I'm hungry!

Comment

Undergraduate and graduate academic programs teaching free thought? Yeah, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
      Here is another comment: If you have attended an undergraduate and graduate academic program, one of the outstanding complexities of your studies will include criticism: historical criticism, contextual criticism, political criticism, institutional criticism, etc... Why? Because critical examination of any form of learning has to include it. That is how we learn, and that is how the vast majority of your academic grades will be determined. That same thought process relates to your chosen profession.

In The Great Midwest Athletic Conference, the current overall President Cup Standings has KWC ranked dead last at No. 13 with a .264 standing. That is a fact. That is critical analysis!

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
        Can you say Wayne Boultinghouse?
        Good point about a former USI coach who took over at KWC. This is why I think KWC should reach out to Coach Herdes and get the Panther program back on track. Coach Herdes is a proven recruiter with all kinds of connections to every junior college in the nation. He also has dozens of contacts on the summer circuits to get recruits. All the KWC president has to do is pick up the phone, make a call, and I believe Coach Herdes would listen with great interest. Or would KWC rather stick with Happy, who has destroyed the program?

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
          Well, if you mean we are living in the past, then we should take down those 8 banners in the Sportscenter along with the conference championship banners in the WHRC. Also, the previous coach Todd Lee played his team to a regional final. That's pretty good.

Lastly, you don't know Rod Drake, and he is an outstanding coach who played under Mike Pollio who pulled the strings for Happy Osborne to be hired at KWC because Happy helped Pollio build the NAIA Mid South conference when Pollio got that conference going as the commissioner. So, yeah, maybe you are right.

Lastly, the day KWC hires a former USI/ISUE coach to head up the KWC program may not go over well with some folks.
          See Wayne Boultinghouse. That worked out well for KWC. Coach Herdes would have KWC dominating the G-MAC in two years. Give him one recruiting season and he would have KWC back in the hunt for a regional championship. Happy, meanwhile, is taking medical leave after getting beat up like a worn-out drum in three straight blowouts.

Comment

In all seriousness what has he done since 08-09 that would make a team want to hire him?

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
            See Wayne Boultinghouse. That worked out well for KWC. Coach Herdes would have KWC dominating the G-MAC in two years. Give him one recruiting season and he would have KWC back in the hunt for a regional championship. Happy, meanwhile, is taking medical leave after getting beat up like a worn-out drum in three straight blowouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
              Wayne B reminded me of Happy, nice guy, average coach. Why are you constantly mentioning Herdes? Are you his agent?

Comment

You could tell before the year started that Happy wasnt bringing in the kind of talent that was needed to to make a good showing in the region. Hell he had no wing players at the start of the season. How do you go from having a long home winning streak to losing your first home game to a winless club. A lot of players quitting his teams over the years in my book. Happy is a nice man but he hasnt proven to me he can coach at D2 level. I base this off of his failure to win a tournament game in 5 years. Thoughts from KWC fans, not USI fans in sheep clothing

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                  You could tell before the year started that Happy wasnt bringing in the kind of talent that was needed to to make a good showing in the region. Hell he had no wing players at the start of the season. How do you go from having a long home winning streak to losing your first home game to a winless club. A lot of players quitting his teams over the years in my book. Happy is a nice man but he hasnt proven to me he can coach at D2 level. I base this off of his failure to win a tournament game in 5 years. Thoughts from KWC fans, not USI fans in sheep clothing
                  this team is horrible. maybe 5 wins all year 2 vs ohio valley. this team brought to you by Sloppy. will go down as worst kdub team since the invention of TV and probably ever.

what with the womans team been downhill for a few yrs now. not even playing any NCAA teams in the non conference. AD might have to make two hires this April.

Comment

Wayne B reminded me of Happy, nice guy, average coach. Why are you constantly mentioning Herdes? Are you his agent?
                    He doesn't need me for an agent, Coach Herdes has a tremendous coaching record and proven skills to speak for his credentials. If KWC hires Coach Herdes they will be back atop the G-MAC in a year.

Comment

Common mistake is hiring retreads and hoping for a different result. The answer is youth and hunger. Older coaches usually don't work for rebuild jobs. GBOGH.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Haircut View Post
                        Common mistake is hiring retreads and hoping for a different result. The answer is youth and hunger. Older coaches usually don't work for rebuild jobs. GBOGH.
                        This yet another username for Stan Gerard ak DJ Silky Disturbed Stan Gerard and Redswin and Screagles. What a sicko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
                            He doesn't need me for an agent, Coach Herdes has a tremendous coaching record and proven skills to speak for his credentials. If KWC hires Coach Herdes they will be back atop the G-MAC in a year.

Comment

Comment

You would know a lot about the insurance premiums. Lol! Why doesn't KWC just shoot for the stars and hire Pearl when he is fired? Lol!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X