Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Look, Redix might be the best kid in the world, I know he's super smart and a great student, and maybe in practice he's amazing...but on the court he's turnover that's taken human form. Until he learns to take care of the ball he should never touch the court in a game. I don't mean that personally in the slightest way...we simply cannot afford to turn the ball over if we expect to have any chance at winning these games.

Comment

Pulled out another one! If nothing else we are showing our toughness

Comment

Last nights game was full of really bad no calls. I think the win was good for the team. Jason had to hop on the bus to make sure there was no fights. Players should be better behaved but this is what happens when refs are so one sided. Other than at AB (year one) I think GMAC refs have been okay. This year they have been pretty bad. I do not think rabbit ears help the game on bit. I am not sure techs should be as guys are running up the floor. If words are directed toward other players or at refs sure. It is hard not to get upset when your teammate has been hacked and you can hear it all over the gym but no call is made.

Having said that our players need to understand that they are hurting the team and making it harder to win. I have looked as best I can and our players (excluding Hatton) do not have a history of getting techs.

Comment

2 good road wins this week for the Panthers. Made it closer than it should have been there at the end today by not hitting our free throws. Depth is not our strong suit this year. I hope Hatton can get back on the court pretty quickly...he was limping around in street clothes today.

Comment

The team we beat on the road tonight is the same team that beat lake superior, the team that beat us by 30. The depth issue could be helped by a mid season transfer. Any word on this

Comment

Yes and good showing by uindy tonight leading most of game and losing to Indiana st by 4 whom beat IU. Point?

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                Yes and good showing by uindy tonight leading most of game and losing to Indiana st by 4 whom beat IU. Point?
                That is strong

Comment

Comment

So i watched KWC last night, offense looks a little better but I am not seeing very good defense. Paper said they lost another player bird cardwell to academics, speaks a little to the kids they are getting, thats 3 gone now. The coach said he wasnt going to worry about being shorthanded, but i believe he should be trying to get some 2nd semester transfers

Comment

Keelan Cole, wow! Just goes to show that players just need an opportunity to show that they can complete with the best and too much emphasis is put on college name recognition during drafts.

Comment

Keelan Cole, wow! Just goes to show that players just need an opportunity to show that they can complete with the best and too much emphasis is put on college name recognition during drafts.
                        Also shows that if you have the talent the scouts will find you. You don't have to go D1 just for the sake of being D1. I've never understood why a kid would go to a bad mid-major D1 program and never compete for anything worthwhile when they could go and make a difference for a good D2 program and compete for championships.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                          Also shows that if you have the talent the scouts will find you. You don't have to go D1 just for the sake of being D1. I've never understood why a kid would go to a bad mid-major D1 program and never compete for anything worthwhile when they could go and make a difference for a good D2 program and compete for championships.
                          Yup I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                            Man I have been saying the same thing for years, I don't get it. That D1 label is a big deal I guess. The crowds they play to often are abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post
                              Man I have been saying the same thing for years, I don't get it. That D1 label is a big deal I guess. The crowds they play to often are abysmal.
                              Cole story is a good one

Comment

Alright, I lied about the last post being my last post. As you can see my reputation has been lifted from the vile level from whence it was. Thanks to the kind souls in the Off Topic Forum.

If KWC brings in any players, they will probably be one semester recruits unless some in house communication has taken place. It will be interesting to see how the Panthers finish. I'm not writing them off yet. There is still a lot of basketball left.
                                Last edited by alumnifan; 12-22-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X