Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I believe the first step that needed to be done to get pride back into KWC MBB was to hire the right coach (done) second to recruit players that were coachable and good students (done) next get these players to play good team ball (close) next to get these players to form a good D2 team ( still work to be done) future show top D2 recruits KWC offers more than other schools (keep supporting and watch it happen)

I fight with myself deciding which is more important..having a wiz bang team of players full of dunks and one on one super plays or kids that make you proud of their hard work, improvement, leadership. I am beginning to believe we can have both if total support ($$$, attend games, news papers, TV, radio, students, etc.)
    both new and old come forward.

I do not believe you can have a rich college experience in front of an I pad. Some think Owensboro has outgrown a small D2 basketball program. They have no idea what they are missing watching games in their basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
      I do not believe you can have a rich college experience in front of an I pad. Some think Owensboro has outgrown a small D2 basketball program. They have no idea what they are missing watching games in their basement.
      I hear objections from friends and family about going to games far too often. Once I get someone to attend a game with my wife and me, they usually begin to follow the team themselves. It's unique to have a D2 team in a town like Owensboro, and the action is fun to watch. Getting to watch players grow through a college career is so exciting and fun, i.e. Ken-Jah. I look forward to watching the young ones on this team grow.

Comment

Well said so many times there are stories within the game you do not experience unless you are there.

Comment

KWC 67 @ Alderson Broaddus 89 Final

Panthers move to 6-7 and 4-3
          Last edited by alumnifan; 01-12-2019, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            KWC 26 @ Alderson Broaddus 56 at the half.
            Alderson Broaddus beat Kentucky Wesleyan 89-67, and improve to 7-7 overall and 4-3 in conference.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
              I hear objections from friends and family about going to games far too often. Once I get someone to attend a game with my wife and me, they usually begin to follow the team themselves. It's unique to have a D2 team in a town like Owensboro, and the action is fun to watch. Getting to watch players grow through a college career is so exciting and fun, i.e. Ken-Jah. I look forward to watching the young ones on this team grow.
              Nice post. It's fun to to watch a team grow, especially at the D2 level where you know they won't be going pro after just one season. Good game today! Best wishes to all in Owensboro.
              Last edited by crixus; 01-12-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Bad, bad first half today. We were playing terrible, and AB couldn't miss if they'd have tried. Hopefully we'll get our heads right by next week's games. I feel like the long stretch between games hurt us in this one. Right now in the G-MAC there are 6 teams sitting on 3 losses. We'll get better, just gotta keep fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                  Bad, bad first half today. We were playing terrible, and AB couldn't miss if they'd have tried. Hopefully we'll get our heads right by next week's games. I feel like the long stretch between games hurt us in this one. Right now in the G-MAC there are 6 teams sitting on 3 losses. We'll get better, just gotta keep fighting.
                  As Coach said...bad first 10:02. In that time each team had 16 possessions

KWC (Possession) AB
                  0- (Made 3) -7
                  2- (Made 2) -4
                  1- (Free Throws) -0
                  4- (Turnover) -1
                  4- (Miss 3) -1
                  3- (Miss 2) -0
                  0- (Miss then made 2) -2
                  0- (Miss then made 3) -1
                  1- (Miss then miss) -0
                  1- (Miss then FT) -0

AB hit 8 3's and 6 2's in first 16 possessions!

Hard to win you you give up over 2 points per possession OR score 0.5 points per possession much less do BOTH.
                  Last edited by WKYDave; 01-13-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Comment

Good to see the former Panthers finding some level of success on the court. Individually they are talented, but they sure couldn't put it together as a team. At least Jason Mays couldn't get them to, anyway.

I wonder how many technical fouls they have so far this season?

And along those lines, Deng Mayot got t'd up against Ohio Dominican (for jawwing with an opponent after a hard foul by Mo), and then didn't play against Ohio Valley. I'm guessing the rule is "Get an unwarranted T, one game suspension" ?

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                        Good to see the former Panthers finding some level of success on the court. Individually they are talented, but they sure couldn't put it together as a team. At least Jason Mays couldn't get them to, anyway.

I wonder how many technical fouls they have so far this season?

And along those lines, Deng Mayot got t'd up against Ohio Dominican (for jawwing with an opponent after a hard foul by Mo), and then didn't play against Ohio Valley. I'm guessing the rule is "Get an unwarranted T, one game suspension" ?
                        But I think Coach put Deng back in against Ohio Dominican after the T so I think is must be for another reason.

Comment

You might be right, I was just making a completely uninformed guess/assumption.

Comment

That would be an interesting stat to see! I'd be curious to know how many Rasheide has especially, that kid loved getting a technical!

On another note does anyone have an update on Zavon? I haven't heard a thing about him since the surgery.

Comment

Also, I'm not sure it's a bad thing that Deng isn't playing. I understand the potential he brings. He is athletic and can bring change to a game if he wants to. However, he has been a turnover machine who travels A LOT and doesn't go up for rebounds. I have been underwhelmed by his performances thus far. Yet somehow he has still managed to average 12 pts a game. His monster dunk against Trevecca at home is what I think he can do every game, but those moments have been few and far between. However, because of those moments I do see his upside.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
                                That would be an interesting stat to see! I'd be curious to know how many Rasheide has especially, that kid loved getting a technical!

On another note does anyone have an update on Zavon? I haven't heard a thing about him since the surgery.

Bell has no technical fouls this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X