Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I, too, am curious to hear what is to happen with Smith. We could certainly use the height! I'm also curious why Nick Fort hasn't been playing more. I know he is young, but he has a good build and every time I have seen him on the court he has not been a liability. He seems to play good defense and passes well. I do like that on any night the team can have anyone step up as the top scorer. Tarik seems to be shooting better, Hopewell found his shot, Goetz is making more plays for himself. The offense just has to quit committing turnovers and starting so slow. I hope Godwin is fitted with a mask and back this week. The kid continues to show spurts of what he can do, and they need his athleticism on the court.

Comment

Rebounding and defense is more about desire, strength and positioning. The word size is used too frequently and often incorrectly. Your team is young and another year under Coach Cooper and you will see a big difference.

SIAB

Comment

I want this basketball team to be successful. I stated previously that they would be good by the end of the season, but they need a strong post presence next season. BIGS have to be a recruiting priority next season. I am all for Coach Cooper. I want him to win.

Comment

When you look at what last years players (also those that left before playing) and their new teams are doing you realize that coaching was indeed a problem.

they are playing well on winning teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
            When you look at what last years players (also those that left before playing) and their new teams are doing you realize that coaching was indeed a problem.

they are playing well on winning teams.
            I said it at the time, Brett Miller should have been given the keys to the team when Happy left. But what's past is past. I'm buckled in to watch Coop redevelop the program.

Comment

So tonight's game with Walsh is going to be interesting. I don't actually expect to win, though I do hope we can at least keep it competitive. Walsh is one of the more athletic teams in the conference, and they have size to complement the athleticism. Some of their guys aren't necessarily the tallest, but they are "big" and very strong. Sterling Christy is one of the best forwards in the league. I was extremely impressed with him last year.

Zavon Godwin tweeted that he was having surgery this morning. I assume that's related to the broken nose he got when the Cedarville big guy headbutted him. Surgery this morning pretty obviously means he's out for tonight, and I would have to guess Saturday, too. I have heard nothing regarding Erik Bell. I think if Erik is able to go then we have a better chance as he can stabilize the offense and also help us get out into transition faster.

Also, I find it interesting that the G-MAC is anywhere from 2-4 games into the conference season (depending on the team) and already every team has at least one conference loss. The league is definitely much more competitive than it once was.

Comment

Wow. Walsh hits a last second shot to win 61-60. Our guys played their guts out tonight!

Comment

Walsh shot the lights out in the 2nd half, and our boys had the game if they hit a couple more free throws. VERY impressed by guts tonight. We had some fighters on the floor, like Goetz playing with a sliced cheek all night. I liked the rotations, and lots of good output. Mo played great, and i loved seeing Zavon on the bench supporting his team just hours after surgery. We have a good group. Little bit of big guy recruiting and they will be a force next year.
                  Last edited by pantherfan; 12-13-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
                    Walsh shot the lights out, and our boys had the game if they hit a couple more free throws. VERY impressed by guts tonight. We had some fighters on the floor, like Goetz playing with a sliced cheek all night. I liked the rotations, and lots of good output. Mo played great, and i loved seeing Zavon on the bench supporting his team just hours after surgery. We have a good group. Little bit of big guy recruiting and they will be a force next year.
                    Yes, Coach Coop getting Mo playing back to the basket is huge. If he continues to play like he did tonight, we're a different team. Walsh is tied for first in the conference for a reason. They're a tough squad...and we showed that we can be just as tough.

Comment

We saw a well coached scrappy bunch last night. This team should get support from every students, every alumnus and the people of Owensboro.

Comment

We saw a well coached scrappy bunch last night. This team should get support from every students, every alumnus and the people of Owensboro.
                        Absolutely! The energy in the SC was good last night. Attendance was a little low as you may expect with a late tip during Christmas break, but those there were loud and supportive. I think the loyal fans who come often has developed a liking for these boys and especially Coach Cooper. On a side note, and this may seem silly, but the music in the SC can not be helping these boys get juiced for a game. It's no wonder they start slow with the music in the arena. I'm not advocating for gangster rap, but someone needs to get these boys something that will get a little blood flowing.

Comment

it has become clear that the WBB team does not know when they have lost the game. Keep fighting and trust your teammates what a lesson for life.

Harper said Mo could blossom at KWC I knew he was just blowing smoke. I am so smart :).

Comment

I heard from an unofficial source over the weekend that Nate Smith is redshirted for this year. It makes sense. If he was going to miss time still recovering from his knee injury, why waste a full year eligibility? We should see him in uniform next year, and I expect he will provide a major boost for us in the paint.

Comment

Good to know..he seems like a good guy. He should stay in the boro this summer. It will be hard to decide how many years he has but Copper should know how to get it done. I also think Mo could get another year if he wanted it. He will not always play this well but knowing he can score will open up the floor. He already had a couple of passes out to three point shooters.

Comment

Good to know..he seems like a good guy. He should stay in the boro this summer. It will be hard to decide how many years he has but Copper should know how to get it done. I also think Mo could get another year if he wanted it. He will not always play this well but knowing he can score will open up the floor. He already had a couple of passes out to three point shooters.
                                Yeah, it's got to be tough to scout us at the moment since we're pretty unpredictable game to game.

Some examples: Tarik Dixon - 10% 3 point shooter, let him shoot it. Cedarville game - hits 6 threes

Mo Abuarisha - floats around the perimeter. Good outside shooter but no threat around the basket. Walsh & Malone games - 24 ppg average almost entirely on post scoring and/or drives to the basket

Adam Goetz - unlimited range on jump shot. Shooter only - no threat driving to the basket. Tiffin game and beyond: multiple strong drives to the basket either scoring or drawing fouls

Now, if we can only change the scout on Deng Mayot - weak hands and poor footwork leads to turnovers when pressured.

If we can get THAT one taken care of, we could really be in business!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X