Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Nobody reads the football section now. However, this KWC Football Head Coaching Hire merits more attention.

VERY GOOD HIRE! Craig Yeast is the best football coaching hire ever made at Kentucky Wesleyan! I am very impressed! He is a former University of Kentucky, NFL and CFL Player. He brings a wealth of knowledge to the program. He will do well. Coach Yeast will bring in players like KWC has never had before.

KWC Article Link: https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2018/12...-wesleyan.aspx

Comment

This type of Head Football Coaching Hire is exactly the type of hire the college needed to make. Coach Craig Yeast is a very familiar name in western Kentucky for those who have followed UK Football. He is very respected, and has more connections than Wesleyan could hope for. I am thrilled! I loved watching his career at Kentucky and he will put fans in the stands at Steele Stadium. He will do exactly what is needed for the KWC football program, and KUDOS to the entire administration for making this hire possible. BRAVO!

Comment

New KWC Head Football Coach Craig Yeast was introduced today in a press conference. What strikes me the most about Coach Yeast is his youthful appearance. He looks like he could still be playing college football and probably could. He is very articulate and seems to be the type of coach that is all about business. He is going to make sure this team is visible in Owensboro and the region. My guess is he will be recruiting the best players he can from Kentucky and with his name and connections he will bring in the best D2 players possible for the KWC football program. He also is going to have a disciplined team because his life is disciplined and he knows what it takes to win. He stated in no uncertain terms that his team will win. And within two to three years they will be winning. Here is a link to his press conference today. The actual introduction is almost twenty minutes in, so you will need to scroll the video to get to his intro.

KWC presser for Coach Yeast: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/k...reamType=video

Comment

Guys, it's possible that we're not the WORST team in the G-MAC. KWC 71 Tiffin 67 ... another good, hard fought road win.

Comment

• Comment

Still way too many turnovers, but excellent free throw shooting (Adam Goetz 14-14 and hasn't missed from the line yet this season) and very tough defensive play overcame the TO's tonight. Outrebounded Tiffin 45-33. Oh, and also won despite losing Erik Bell in the first half to a turned ankle (hopefully he won't be out long).

Comment

Playing @ Cedarville Saturday may be another story. It will be interesting to see how the guys come together, especially if Erik can't suit up. Cedarville beat Trevecca 94-64 tonight. They have size, experience, and are always TOUGH at home. But, it's hard to be disappointed with starting the conference season 2-0 with 2 road wins. We'll see how it goes Saturday, but win or lose I'm proud of the way these guys have bounced back from the Thanksgiving tourney debacle, so far.

Comment

Wesleyan really hustled in the Tiffin game. They were quicker than Tiffin, and will need to play like that if they want to be more competitive. They still lack size and they are very young. That will hopefully change next season, but I liked what I saw in the Tiffin game. They took decent shots, outside of a few that were jacked up. They can beat defenders to the rim if they keep running like they did against the Dragons. That gym at Tiffin would be trouble for anyone on LSD. They would be tripping on that gym paint job. I have never even seen a high school gym like that. The art department must have really gone to town in there when they painted it.

Comment

Bad game at Cedarville. This team has virtually no experience in the conference. Neither team played great. Cedarville won the game at the free throw line. Both teams looked like they wanted to go home for Christmas. It is going to be a long year.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                      Bad game at Cedarville. This team has virtually no experience in the conference. Neither team played great. Cedarville won the game at the free throw line. Both teams looked like they wanted to go home for Christmas. It is going to be a long year.
                      KWC lost at Cedarville by 17, Findlay lost at Cedarville by 13. Let's just say it was poor lighting or it was too windy. KWC will take time but they'll be back.

Comment

It was anyone's game 3/4 of the way through. Cedarville stepped up and/or we ran out of gas. The final spread was 17 but it was a much closer game than that. That's a tough place to play. Also, on a side note, they have probably the best quality stream of the games of anyone in D2, at least that I've seen.

We also played without our starting PG. We really need him to recover from the ankle sprain as he gives us stability on the offensive end of the court. And, we lost Zavon Godwin in this one, with a broken nose. He'll probably be playing the rest of the season with a mask.
                        Last edited by kdubnation; 12-08-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                          KWC lost at Cedarville by 17, Findlay lost at Cedarville by 13. Let's just say it was poor lighting or it was too windy. KWC will take time but they'll be back.
                          I never said they wouldn't. However, I noted before the season started that this season would be hard to endure due to the way Coach Cooper is grooming his team. When you have a team this young you can expect a slow start out of the gate. They have very little experience in the conference still. They need to play every team, then see if there is progress in the second half of the conference season. Cedarville won the game at the FT line. Cedarville got to the line a whole lot more than KWC did too. This team needs a post presence to win in the G-MAC. They basically have one player in the post and he will jack up a shot from anywhere. He forgets there are guards on the team.

Comment

This is a team that is still getting to know one another. Coach Cooper is still getting to know his players. He knows them well enough to realize the talent in each player, but you don't get to know all of their personality quirks this early in the season. He will soon, though. This team is jockeying for playing time and for other personal reasons. That is my opinion. I am sure they are good young men, but there might be a few flaws here and there that will need to be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                              This is a team that is still getting to know one another. Coach Cooper is still getting to know his players. He knows them well enough to realize the talent in each player, but you don't get to know all of their personality quirks this early in the season. He will soon, though. This team is jockeying for playing time and for other personal reasons. That is my opinion. I am sure they are good young men, but there might be a few flaws here and there that will need to be addressed.

Comment

I attended the game yesterday. Their size just wore us down. If we could shoot better, guards too small to get a good shot, we could have won. Many times we had only three players that was willing to shoot.

Godwin was making a difference before getting knocked out. About Godwin..He was knocked out. He could not see, could not breath, was scared and in pain. His family wanted to take him home. But once he was awake he would not go. He wanted to stay and watch is teammates. Good kid.

Wish I understood Smith and is he done playing basketball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X