Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Dakota Quinn had 14 points and 16 rebounds for Mid America Nazarene the other night. His team was in town to play Evangel University.
    He was listed as a center and also had 3 blocks.

Comment

Next up.....Jimmy Swaggert Bible College

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
      Dakota Quinn had 14 points and 16 rebounds for Mid America Nazarene the other night. His team was in town to play Evangel University.
      He was listed as a center and also had 3 blocks.

Comment

KWC opens the conference season with a 78-55 win at Trevecca.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
          Next up.....Jimmy Swaggert Bible College
          Jimmy Swaggart Bible College doesn't have athletics.

Comment

They used to but Jimmy stole all the money.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan had a positive assist to turnover ratio against TNU of 20 assists to 10 turnovers. TNU had a negative assist to turnover ratio of 16 assists and 21 turnovers.

Keeping possession of the ball is critical for a team like Wesleyan. This is a good passing team and when they pass the ball, good things happen. They do remind me of a mini Bellarmine in some ways, but they need size in the middle next season. They are going to win some games this season and in the TNU game I saw some improvement. They seem to be more assured of where the ball is going, and they are handling the ball better. You do those things and good shots will open up.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 12-02-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

You can never negate a 23 point win on the road in the G-MAC. This should act as momentum for this young team. The bottom line now is KWC is 1-0 in conference play with their first win on the road. Kentucky Wesleyan has played some VERY STRONG competition early on and these young guys were thrown in the fire and they are coming out of it as a strong team hardened by early competition. That is good! Tiffin has played some really good competition like KWC. That game is a toss up in my mind. Cedarville is also going to be a tough place to win. Sharks smell blood. LOL! If Wesleyan can come out of these next two games with two wins it would surprise me. If they do, they will be in good shape.

Comment

I like Tyler Bezold. He is the type of player that could be as smart as any player on the floor. His dad was a great coach at NKU and he has been around the chalk board and the game since he could tie his shoes. He is going to improve and become a strong player. You just watch him. The more confident he gets, the better he will get. I don't know anything about him personally, but you know he has had a lot of good coaching minds teach him more than most.

Comment

• Comment

Wow, just heard the news that KWC has hired Craig Yeast as head football coach!

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                        Wow, just heard the news that KWC has hired Craig Yeast as head football coach!
                        Wow, he coached at Ross HS for a few years. Ross is in the same hs league as Findlay HS. In his defense, Ross fans are not easy to please. BEST of luck to KWC and Coach Yeast.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                          KThey do remind me of a mini Bellarmine in some ways, but they need size in the middle next season. They are going to win some games this season and in the TNU game I saw some improvement. They seem to be more assured of where the ball is going, and they are handling the ball better. You do those things and good shots will open up.
                          The comparison to present-day BU is a bit premature but it might be good to compare what Cooper does with KWC with how Davenport started out with BU. Now it is not a perfect comparison, Scotty took over after a very rough patch for BU basketball, but he didn't have to bring in an all new, mostly freshmen, recruits for his first team. Scotty went 14-14 first season, 12-15 second and 17-11 the third. It wasn't until his fourth season he got BU to the regional (where they should have won if not for the mysterious foot on the line call) and they were 26-7. The championship came on his sixth season. Of course, Scotty has a bigger school and a bigger city to help recruit but KWC definitely has more tradition. I think if Cooper can come close to matching what Scotty did his first three seasons, KWC will definitely be on the road to restoring their former glory.

Comment

I think the comparison at this point is purely related to style of play. We are more about motion and passing than we were under Happy.

Comment

Happy= high flying full of themselves hardheads that should be in NAIA. Coop= good students that are coachable and represent the school the way it deserves.
                              I am not sure how good they will be as a team but I can already see each players will play better each week.

Bezold proves that Cooper will give each player a chance to prove himself. Like to see him get two more years.

I have high hope for Hopewell to get his shot back and help the team the way he should. He can be a great D2 guard.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                                I think the comparison at this point is purely related to style of play. We are more about motion and passing than we were under Happy.
                                Oh I agree, and I think Coop is using the same style of play that he learned from his stint at BU. My point of comparing the two is to show how long it will take him to get his program going using the system he learned at BU. I really think there will not be real great results until at least his third year. Takes that long to get the system solidified and enough talent to go with it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X