Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

My main reason for wondering if all stay is due to signing four (even a skilled big) for next year. I think these girls love each other and their coaches and would only leave for a good reason. There are programs law school etc. where you can get in after three years at KWC.

Thursday will tell us a lot but away games will mean even more.

Comment

If tonight's results are one L and one W.....which team would you want to win?

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
        If tonight's results are one L and one W.....which team would you want to win?
        That's a brutal question; how DARE you, sir!? Of course we all want 2 W's.

But...if I HAD to pick one W and the other gets the L, as much as it pains me to say it, the WBB team needs the W. Staying at the top of the standings and earning the right to host the conference tourney is huge for them. At this point the MBB team needs wins, but objectively with the way their season is going it's not as critical.

All that said, let's just fly the WW tonight instead.

Comment

Agree but had to ask

Comment

Well, the KWC Women's Basketball Team looks to be in solid form at #1 in the G-MAC with a 14-1 record and have won their last 14 games. Considering their margin of victory over the #2 Lady Yellow Jackets tonight, and on a 14-0 run in wins, Wesleyan's women looks to be the best team in the G-MAC. I have no idea how they would shape up in the regional, but they are looking good.

The KWC Men's team is another story. I am not criticizing the players. They are playing as well as they can, I hope. I am not criticizing the coaching staff either. The season is what it is at 5-8 and 7-12 overall. It looks like Alderson Broaddus is going to draw that 8th slot in the G-MAC tournament. I guess it is possible KWC could jump AB for a spot in the conference tournament, but it doesn't feel very likely.

Comment

I hope the Nieman's stay at KWC and eventually win the D2 Women's National Championship. Don't say it is not possible. It is possible, especially at this juncture in their coaching careers.

Comment

High hope.....close your eyes and think about last night's game....now put Smith and/or Godwin under the basket. Future is full of hope.

Comment

Just like Happy's first team or two didn't know how to win games on the road, this team hasn't figured out how to win close games yet. The W/L record won't look nice this season but the experience they are getting is going to pay off big time in the near future.

Comment

Just a couple of free throws/rebounds and record would look much better.

Comment

What is the worst record KWC Men's Basketball has ever had?

Comment

There's an archive on kwc athletic site that I'm sure could tell you if you have the time to dig. I know we were 7-19 in Todd Lee's first season but I doubt that's
                        the worst in the 100 years plus of the program history

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                          What is the worst record KWC Men's Basketball has ever had?
                          EVER had??? A couple of 0-6 seasons way back in the 1930s, but really 7-19 in 2005 is probably the worst in your lifetme. Yes, I scanned the KWC archives and YES, I have way too much time on my hands.

Comment

The KWC Panthers move to 7-13 Overall, 5-9 in the G-MAC, and 4-9 at the Owensboro Sportscenter with an 81-85 Loss to Tiffin today. You live and die from behind the 3 point line. You also get to the charity strip less often, usually, if you shoot a lot from beyond the arc.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                              The KWC Panthers move to 7-13 Overall, 5-9 in the G-MAC, and 4-9 at the Owensboro Sportscenter with an 81-85 Loss to Tiffin today. You live and die from behind the 3 point line. You also get to the charity strip less often, usually, if you shoot a lot from beyond the arc.
                              We knew this would be a tough year...all new team learning each other and new system...talent level generally of D3 and NAIA level (based on who recruited them).

My concern is this....they are playing no better basketball in February than November. They should know the system, know each other, etc by this point and that should be showing on the court. I'm not sure this week's play was any better than the Thanksgiving debacle against Salem and IU-Southeast.

Tiffin's previous conference wins were all at home against the 3 worst teams in the conference (Trevecca, D&E, and OVU). They lost at Trevecca Thursday.

There are 305 D2 teams according to the PI rankings going into Tiffin game KWC was #220 and Tiffin was #255.

Here is KWC's PI ranking since they played 10 games:

DATE PI Ranking D2 record PI Score (average points earned per game)
                              1/9 #155 5-5 11.6
                              1/14 #196 5-6 10.73
                              1/18 #203 5-7 10.5
                              1/21 #164 6-7 11.46
                              1/28 #200 6-9 10.73
                              2/3 #205 6-10 10.63
                              2/8 #220 6-11 10.18

Granted part of this is because they are losing but they are also losing to bad teams at home which limits how many points they earn. This is not an improving team.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                                We knew this would be a tough year...all new team learning each other and new system...talent level generally of D3 and NAIA level (based on who recruited them).

My concern is this....they are playing no better basketball in February than November. They should know the system, know each other, etc by this point and that should be showing on the court. I'm not sure this week's play was any better than the Thanksgiving debacle against Salem and IU-Southeast.

Tiffin's previous conference wins were all at home against the 3 worst teams in the conference (Trevecca, D&E, and OVU). They lost at Trevecca Thursday.

There are 305 D2 teams according to the PI rankings going into Tiffin game KWC was #220 and Tiffin was #255.

Here is KWC's PI ranking since they played 10 games:

DATE PI Ranking D2 record PI Score (average points earned per game)
                                1/9 #155 5-5 11.6
                                1/14 #196 5-6 10.73
                                1/18 #203 5-7 10.5
                                1/21 #164 6-7 11.46
                                1/28 #200 6-9 10.73
                                2/3 #205 6-10 10.63
                                2/8 #220 6-11 10.18

Granted part of this is because they are losing but they are also losing to bad teams at home which limits how many points they earn. This is not an improving team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X