Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    I told you to kiss my azz because you brought up that bipolar statement, and you told me I was a damn fool. I never called into question Wesleyan's financial accountability. I know the college has raised money. The endowment money will come back if they lost any, but everybody who is vested in the stock market (through various means) lost money in the fourth quarter last year. That is no fault of the college if that what is what you thought I was getting after. I don't know if they lost any, but my guess is they DID. Because everybody did.

As to what I say on this board, much of it is just hyperbole in order to piss off people like you. I really can't remember what other athletic teams I criticized unless you are talking about the football team. Yeah, I was pretty glad when Holsclaw left and he wanted to come after me personally, and that would have been a mistake. He ran that football program into the ground year after year after year. He was a good college player, but there was no reason for him to stay year after year after year with the losses mounting up year after year. One has to question why the college allowed that to happen, there had to be a reason. But.....whatever the reason - Craig Yeast will right the ship. I have PRAISED THAT HIRE.

I don't go to the games anymore because I am afraid one of the big wheels will send the law after me and throw me in the Daviess County jail. I don't live near Owensboro now, but I gave more to the athletic program this year than what any season ticket would cost. I don't like season tickets anyway, because you have to be an insider to sit in those comfy blue chairs. I would rather sit up in the upper teer with the fellas from the Special Adult Residential Facility. That is the truth, and I saw that elderly gentlemen die in front of my eyes that night, and when he died I felt his spirit leave and it tore me up. You can believe that or not. But, calling me a damn fool puts the shoe with a hole in the sole on your foot.
    #1 I didn't make the bipolar comment and #2 I didn't call you a damn fool I said that you make one of your self with the things you say on here, but I guess potato-potahto.

And I guess if you say the ridiculous things you say on here to piss off people "like me" whatever that means then congrats, you win. Not sure if "people like me" means dedicated supporters of KWC, people with optimism for the future of the program, or what. You're right - it does piss me off to see you on here praising KWC out of one side of your mouth while trashing it out of the other. Confuses the hell out of me, too. But whatevs.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
        #1 I didn't make the bipolar comment and #2 I didn't call you a damn fool I said that you make one of your self with the things you say on here, but I guess potato-potahto.

And I guess if you say the ridiculous things you say on here to piss off people "like me" whatever that means then congrats, you win. Not sure if "people like me" means dedicated supporters of KWC, people with optimism for the future of the program, or what. You're right - it does piss me off to see you on here praising KWC out of one side of your mouth while trashing it out of the other. Confuses the hell out of me, too. But whatevs.
        You did make the bipolar comment and you did call me a damn fool. Yes, I would like to see Caleb as the next Athletic Director. That would suit me fine. Yes, I am partial to him and Nicole because they are great people. Yes, I did say that Kentucky Wesleyan is currently in last place in the President's Cup, because they are.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
          You did make the bipolar comment and you did call me a damn fool. Yes, I would like to see Caleb as the next Athletic Director. That would suit me fine. Yes, I am partial to him and Nicole because they are great people. Yes, I did say that Kentucky Wesleyan is currently in last place in the President's Cup, because they are.
          I made the bipolar comment, not kdubnation. If you look at the top left corner, it says the poster's username. You can then reference that with what they posted and determine which poster has made which comment. Anyone who attends a facility of higher education can understand such a simple research method! ;)

You have also suggested in a previous post that Todd Lillpop should be the school's AD. Caleb is the better coach between the 2, and neither are qualified to be the AD for a D2 athletic program. Rob Mallory worked in athletic administration at D1 schools prior to coming to KWC. Caleb and Todd have no experience guiding an entire athletic department and will never be the AD of KWC.

I grow tired of reading your "back and forth" posts. If you truly want KWC basketball to be successful and are donating generously to the program, then we share that sentiment and let's move forward in our support of our boys. I'll be in attendance Thursday cheering as hard as I have all season and hoping for a win.

Comment

• Comment

Therein lies the reason I asked my hypothetical over on the USI thread - even all of the USI folks that have been so vociferous in their loathing for their coach seem to agree that giving a new coach in our current situation 3+ years to right the ship is just common sense.

It's pointless arguing with you. I know that, I tell myself that every time you start one of your negative rants, but your efforts to piss me (and "people like me") off are just too darned good. I bow to your trolling ability. Your ability to quote scripture while simultaneously spouting thinly veiled physical threats is also an impressive combination. I'm sure if we were face to face you'd knock my block clean off, which would be a real bummer because I like my block where it is.

Back to basketball.

If we're going to be successful on the court next season, we need our guards to get stronger. We have to be able to get to the basket and score through contact. Offensively that's the biggest thing we are missing. It causes us to rely far too much on the outside shot, which when they're falling we can score, when they're not the results are like 3 of our last 4 games. We actually have several guys that can get to the rim, but are not physically strong enough to finish through the contact. They either get easily blocked, or they end up passing it back out because they don't feel like they can score down there. We need someone like a Ken-jah who is strong enough not only to get to the rim, but to get the ball up through contact and either make a contested layup, or get fouled trying (or both). That alone would make us SO much more dangerous on the offensive end. We need some guys hitting the weight room this off season, big time.

Comment

Intensive off season weight training and conditioning could do wonders for this team, especially the young guys who have great frames to be developed. Oh if only we had a ken-jah! One of my favorite overall basketball players to ever watch. That young man got a look in his eye when he was going to put it on someone, and the whole SC knew when it was going to happen. I would love to see someone on the current team develop that kind of game.

Every year I seem to develop a favorite player to watch. While I enjoy Eric Bell's game, Nick Fort may be my favorite player. He has the ability to work down low and he has slowly developed that game as the season has progressed. I think he can be an inside presence for the team on offense that would help with the concerns above, which are all very valid and certainly recognized by every team in the conference.

Comment

• Comment

I wonder if Lake Erie's coaching staff screamed profanities like idiots and ran around like they'd just won the national championship after they beat Trevecca on Saturday. I sincerely hope we get the ship righted and beat those classless jokers by 60 points next season.

Comment

Nice to have goals ;)

Comment

Agreed on that goal! I was proud of our team for not responding. Last season they may have ended up on ESPN for a post-game brawl.

Comment

The KWC Women's Basketball Team is in First Place in the G-MAC. Hopefully, they will live up to expectations and make the NCAA Regional this season. At 13-1, Caleb and Nicole Nieman probably have their best team in their tenure at KWC. They have definitely figured it out. They're just good people who compete to win and coach their student athletes better now than ever before. I hope they make the Regional and see where it goes from there. The Nieman Coaching Duo could be headed in the direction like no other KWC women's basketball staff have ever gone.
                          Last edited by alumnifan; 02-05-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Well said...they will be better next year if all stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                              Well said...they will be better next year if all stay.
                              They should all stay. That does not mean they will, but next year's team will still be good. I am looking forward to seeing how far they go this season. It is actually an exciting time for the KWC athletic staff outside of a couple of problems. The football team has a roster now for 2019. I assume it will be amended before the season starts. IDK? Craig Yeast is on top of it. Big Time!

Comment

I can't imagine any key players would have the desire to leave. They have a solid roster and a lot of opportunities ahead of them. They will have a heavy senior class next season, so them staying together gives them a great shot at making a deep run in the postseason. If they can make a run into the Regional this year, that experience only sets them up even better for next season. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game. The girls have some challenges ahead of them, but beating Cedarville puts them in a really good position for the tournament.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X