Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Long time KWC PA announcer and assistant AD Glenn Young has died at age 83.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
      Long time KWC PA announcer and assistant AD Glenn Young has died at age 83.

Saw that...sad....but seemed like he lived a full life for his 83 years.

Comment

Abu Arisha is gone. He indicated to individuals on campus at end of school year that he thought Cooper was weird and he was out of here. Also the 6-11 kid appears to be legit size. Finally have size, now do we have wings that can score consistently??

Comment

A big mistake on his part...al he did was get better last year.

Comment

Maybe Mo doesn't care for coaches who don't accept mediocrity. It seemed to me Mo was just fine not being the best player he could be, although Cooper wouldn't let him settle. Anyways, the good news is classes start in 2 weeks so we should know who is on the roster in the somewhat near future. Also, we are less than 3 months away from Sportscenter popcorn and basketball!

Comment

I would trade in the new (except latest frost) signees for Moe all day long. If Moe can get two more years someone may sign him.

Anyone have knowledge of where E Wright will end up? Got to be NAIA or D II. Sad to see what happens to so many players that get over hyped in high school.

Comment

There is quite a bit of rumbling on him going to WKU. I thought I read he would be immediately eligible, maybe that is because of the coaching change at St. Johns?

Comment

Could be... NCAA has be much more loose lately about transfers playing. "My grammy is sick" "Okay you can play." No matter what happens his decisions have sucked.

Comment

The fact that we had to rely so heavily on Abu Arisha for post presence last year really speaks to the state of the roster in Coop's first year. Mo seemed to have all the tools to be a really good post player - in fact a good all around player in general - but he was very obviously not comfortable down there and he wanted to be a "wing" instead. There were games when he carried the team but objectively he tended to be more of a detriment on the offensive end because he was incredibly indecisive once he got the ball. Whether it was in the post or outside, unless it was a set play where he knew exactly what he needed to do when he got the ball it was always a good 4-5 seconds before he did ANYTHING with it, other than possibly dribble. If he ever learns to get the ball and GO decisively he could be a very dangerous basketball player because like I said he's got the skills!

All that being said, it's always disappointing to see a kid transfer out. Well, almost always...most of those guys from year before last were 'good riddance' types due to attitude. But I do not feel that way about Mo. Hopefully he will find somewhere to play his final season of eligibility where he can shine.

Comment

In other news - WHERE'S THE SCHEDULE!?!?!

Last year's regular season schedule was released on August 8, with the exhibitions being added a bit later. Inquiring minds wanna know, people!

Comment

I agree with you about Mo. He wanted to be a wing and dribble thru the entire defense or throw up a three. As a back to the basket player he helped us.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                          In other news - WHERE'S THE SCHEDULE!?!?!

Last year's regular season schedule was released on August 8, with the exhibitions being added a bit later. Inquiring minds wanna know, people!
                          Right?! I'm anxious to see it. Hoping the Bellarmine series continues. Interested to see the early non-conference schedule in general.
                          Last edited by pantherfan; 08-13-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
                            Maybe Mo doesn't care for coaches who don't accept mediocrity. It seemed to me Mo was just fine not being the best player he could be, although Cooper wouldn't let him settle. Anyways, the good news is classes start in 2 weeks so we should know who is on the roster in the somewhat near future. Also, we are less than 3 months away from Sportscenter popcorn and basketball!
                            If Cooper would not let him settle for mediocrity, he never would have played for Pollio, Harper, Lee or even Osborne as far as that is concerned. Sounds like he was a bit lazy. I have hopes for this season. Why not? Coach Cooper knows the conference now. I am not real competent as to what the players will be like talent wise, but I am sure they will have a stronger post presence without all of the drama.

Comment

As far as the schedule not being released yet, that is not necessarily bad news. Wesleyan is probably working out some contracts with a DI exhibition schedule. They always need the money. I am most interested in what the OOC schedule looks like, and that could be the hold up. Contracts have to be negotiated. So, the schedule will come out soon enough.

Comment

I know this is the basketball thread, but the football team is going to be vastly improved. The college athletic website is posting hundreds of photos of the team practices and the players. I have never seen this kind of coverage for the football team. They wrapped up the 6th day of Camp this week, and KWC has written an article on every day of camp. Flicker probably has 1,500 photos on just the Camp so far. Wesleyan has never had this kind of preseason atmosphere and coverage for football. I really think the new head coach is going to be a workaholic. There is a lot of D1 experience with the coaches in this camp, not just from UK either. One assistant coached at Louisville. They are running this camp the way a DI program would run a camp. You should check the football site out. People are already getting ticked off because they know that Wesleyan is going to turn their football program around under Craig Yeast. The first game will be well attended. The word is getting out now that THIS FOOTBALL STAFF knows what they are doing. They are going to steal all the thunder before basketball season ever gets under way. They will win some games this year in the conference, how many I don't know. It is just a different program now.

Day 6 of KWC Football Camp Link: https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2019/8/...les-day-6.aspx
                                Last edited by alumnifan; 08-18-2019, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X