Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey out of town guys buy some raffle tickets. I just brought some and Coop even sent me a video of putting my tickets in the drum. Support your team and you might even win.

Comment

• Saw that the team is having an open practice on Homecoming Weekend. I believe I saw that it is Saturday the 21st at 6 pm (should be right after the football game ends). Looking forward to getting a first look at the team. Their website has started a 19-20 roster, but it only shows returners at this point. I see 12 returners:

Mo Abu Arisha
      Nick Fort
      Nathan Boyle
      Tyler Bezold
      Erik Bell
      Adam Goetz
      Cameron Cartwright
      Tarik Dixon
      Nathan Smith
      Zach Hopewell
      Deng Mayot
      Mike Gilmer ( I thought he was a senior last year...wondering why he is still on the roster)

With Sukhanov, Teague, Sisson, Currie, Griffin, and Battaile that is a roster total of 18. That is an increase of 2 from last year's 16 man roster. I'm excited to see what the new guys bring to the floor.

Comment

• I saw that as well. Please give us feedback after you see how they look. 18 seems like a hard number to manage. I said before much of this year's success will depend on coaching and getting a rotation formed.

Also if they wanted I think several could get an extra year or two. I hope Coop has a plan.

Comment

• ARGH
          Attached Files

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Anyway I was just trying to paste a @#$(*^% screenshot of a Tweet saying that Dave Bezold has been hired as an assistant coach at KWC.

Comment

• Well that is certainly an interesting move

Comment

• I did not see this coming. I'm not sure he adds anything but nice of Cooper to help a man who is down. I hope he is ready to work hard. Mostly what I remember is he had a dozen Asst. coaches.

Interesting his son is junior. Maybe just bad reporting maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                    I did not see this coming. I'm not sure he adds anything but nice of Cooper to help a man who is down. I hope he is ready to work hard. Mostly what I remember is he had a dozen Asst. coaches.

Interesting his son is junior. Maybe just bad reporting maybe not.
                    Pretty sure that was based on old data; Tyler is listed as a SR, as expected.

Comment

• True and a father and son on the same team one year is enough..maybe more than enough. However he will only be a senior until we ask NCAA for more years.

Interesting I think we added 4 maybe 5 players that are better than 80% of last year's team.

WBB got a VC from a really good PG for next year.

Comment

• If we could only win one game next season who would you want to beat? No D1 teams :)

Comment

• Exhibitions are released in the news story regarding Bezold's hire as well:

In addition to Bezold, the Panthers will play three formidable opponents in the exhibition season. The first time Wesleyan will hit the floor will be October 30th at Saint Louis University. The Billikins finished 23-13 overall last season, winning the Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament. SLU eventually saw their season end with a 66-52 loss to Virginia Tech in the NCAA Tournament.

On November 7th the Panthers will travel to Birmingham, Alabama to play Samford University. Scott Padgett has been the Bulldogs top man since 2014 and is coming off a 17-16 season. Rounding out the exhibition slate with be a December 17th meeting at Western Kentucky. The Hilltoppers complied a 20-14 record last season before falling in the Conference USA Championship game to Old Dominion.
                          The games against St. Louis and Samford are very interesting. I wonder if we've ever played either of those programs. I figure we have to have played them at some point but maybe not for decades. I like these exhibitions as they are against teams that are refreshingly new to us, not to mention teams that aren't necessarily top 10 preseason teams like an Xavier or U of L.

Comment

• Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                            If we could only win one game next season who would you want to beat? No D1 teams :)
                            I think the easy answer is USI, right?

Comment

• Yes but it would feel so good to beat Bell before they go D1. That would help recruiting some also. I can not disagree with USI but would love to beat Findlay on their home floor.

Hell I want to beat everyone but that is not the question.

Comment

• I like the EX games a lot. We can improve against these teams and it will not hurt recruiting. Nice trips for bonding and having fun.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X