Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    Ah, my mistake, I thought you guys had been playing them on the regular. Was that Cincinnati, then?
    No worries. Yeah, it seems the UC Bearcats are the replacement -- BU plays them regularly, and I think Scotty is buddy-buddy with Cronin.

Comment

For the record...It is good to see fans that have class and common sense discuss things on here. Does not happen nearly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
        For the record...It is good to see fans that have class and common sense discuss things on here. Does not happen nearly enough.
        Preach on, Brother LF9. Speaking of classy, I always make sure to hold my pinkies up while typing!

Comment

The freshman 6'5" leaper should be fun to watch the next 4 years. Hopefully he adds to his game and doesn't rely on athleticism only.

Comment

Comment

It's crazy to think this kid didn't even start in high school, walked on at KWC, and now is making catches like that in the NFL. Just amazing! And every time he does it KWC gets mentioned on national TV. That's a huge value in free marketing.

Comment

Cole story is unreal and gives one goose bumps. It is also amazing that their are a hand full of KWC football players that are making a living playing the game.

This time last year reporters did not know where KWC was and how to pronounce the name. Now it rolls off their lips as if they knew all about "coleworld"

Comment

I noticed on the schedule published on www.kwcpanthers.com that we are no longer listing the game against Thomas More and it appears to have been replaced with a Dec 29 game against Alice Lloyd instead. I wonder what's up with that?

Comment

Interesting development, Malek received offer from our old coach Ray?

Comment

None he did not. I am glad to see Malek continue his schooling. He has been forced to play with injuries and with teammates that made winning almost impossible.

Comment

According to VC he's transferring to LSU-Alexandria (NAIA).

Comment

Yep

Comment

I stand corrected, cant believe everything u read

Comment

Lots of what I read is not true.... lots I misread.

I even thought I read that the football team won a couple of games.

Comment

I was talking with an old friend who has been very familiar with the KWC basketball program longer than I have. He is pretty knowledgeable. I asked him how the Panther basketball team would do this season. He said, "they are going to get killed." I have to concur with that prediction. Wesleyan has 7 freshmen, and one senior that has no varsity experience that I know of. This athletic season at Kentucky Wesleyan will only be redeemed by what the baseball, softball and women's basketball teams can do. The coaches for those programs are among the most respected in the G-MAC right now as far as quality of character. The women's basketball team is not going to have a lot of height, but they will make up for that with the type of physical condition the young women are in and the speed at which they play. The women players will be among the fastest and strongest in the conference in comparison to their size. I absolutely love the Nieman's. They have as much class as any two coaches in the conference, men or women. I know Caleb and Nicole love coaching together, but if Caleb were the head men's basketball coach the men's team would be tough as nails.

This upcoming season is going to be a very trying one. Not only will the athletic program be underfunded due to the poor men's basketball attendance this season, but the student morale concerning the athletic department could be the worst ever. Something has to be done in the KWC athletic department. Caleb Nieman has to be the leader if he and Nicole intends to stay at KWC. He would be an excellent AD and I don't know if he would accept that position, but he would be my pick when the position opens again. If I had anything to do with it he would already be the the Athletic Director at KWC.
                                Last edited by alumnifan; 09-28-2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X