Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    In other news, we actually played like Panthers today!
    Yeah, they played a lot better. Next up is Findlay.

Comment

Panties. Right again.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
        Panties. Right again.
        Happy is gone, resigned. What is up with this ?

Comment

Health reasons, as you already know. Not surprising, really...I think everyone pretty much knew he wouldn't be back once it was announced he was stepping away. Mays has a really good opportunity to audition for the job for the rest of the season. Regardless of how he does I think the admin would be crazy not to shake the trees and see what kind of applicants they get. If Mays can continue to get the kind of effort out of the players that he did over this past weekend, then we still have a very good shot at a successful season.

Going forward the next coach needs to be someone who can recruit a good mix of high school, juco, and D1 transfer talent. They need to build on the positives Happy brought to the program, namely the improvements in graduation rate and academics, and continue to build the name of the program in the community. And, of course, they need to be able to win on the court.

The Delta State game can hopefully be a catalyst for the players to buy into Coach Mays' system. Frankly, the defensive intensity the team brought in that game was greater than any Osborne coached KWC team. I was very impressed with the effort they brought on every defensive possession. On the offensive end, they were able to effectively run plays and did not look confused or out of sorts like they did in earlier games this season. So far, so good, in the Coach Mays era.

It will require a flawless game on both ends of the court for us to win against Findlay and/or Hillsdale this week. We, as fans, need to stay positive and get behind these guys, regardless of the outcome of those games. We have to be patient. Regardless of what the USI trolls want to say, we have some talent on this roster. Malek Harris will be back. Rasheide Bell is looking better every game. Dakota Quinn is a shot blocking monster. Amir Warnock is the best pure center we've had in years, and will be a beast in league play if we can keep him out of foul trouble. I could go on...the team is very balanced, and they are really starting to come together. If that lasts then absolutely we are a contender come February-March.

Look up and down the G-MAC this season at what various new and old teams are doing and it's easy to tell the league is no joke anymore. A-B is as good as they've been since we entered the league. Hillsdale and Findlay are extremely good. Cedarville beat an extremely good LSSU team. Everyone top to bottom is improved, except for maybe Trevecca and Ohio Valley.

Comment

Maybe they can hire lil brent and he can get the cowboy from music TVs real world to be his asst.

Comment

I agree. It's not like I ever wanted KWC to lose in any sport. What Coach Mays can do is improve this team, and if that happens he can get a head coaching job at another D2 program. He knows that and I do wish him well.

However, the reality is our athletic department is in shambles sitting at 13th out of 13 programs in the G-MAC Director's Cup or whatever it's called. Only one thing can turn that around is MONEY. And that means an internal shake up or KWC drops to D3.

Comment

Morthland closed. Rich Herrin is available. Hinson will be too. Get a bruce Weber refer like soyboy did.

Comment

One really good write up... one BS as usual

We are just too small to beat good teams but Friday and Saturday made me very proud of this team. Besides playing hard they are tough. If we can get everyone playing their best game we can compete.
                  Lots of juniors and if we sign two good players we will be very interesting.

I'm wondering where the players that quit went. Maybe Jason should call one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                    One really good write up... one BS as usual

We are just too small to beat good teams but Friday and Saturday made me very proud of this team. Besides playing hard they are tough. If we can get everyone playing their best game we can compete.
                    KWC's starting forwards are 6'9", 6'9". How is that too small to win in D2? I don't think Hesser has had a starter over 6'7" in his 14 years at Drury and we regularly play with 6'4" or 6'5" forwards.

Comment

Yeah we're really not that small, we just don't have as much height on the wings as we have in years past. I don't think size is really a big issue for us, especially once Harris is healthy again.

Comment

I still want to know who funds the football? Its got to be a big money loser ?

Comment

KWC fans there is no reason not to give today and get the matches. Skip just one thing and give to your school.

Comment

Originally posted by ScreagleNation
                            Hoo here don't alreedy no dat alumnifan hav 4 dif username com on here talk to heeself f'n skitzo
                            Ask Brandon how many user names I have. I hope you get the help you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                              KWC fans there is no reason not to give today and get the matches. Skip just one thing and give to your school.
                              Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X