Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    That must be why Findlay is the highest rated team in the Region.

Comment

• Comment

A friend told me on Facebook that the basketball teams will start playing their games at the HRC on campus. The Sportscenter is too large and expensive for the program now. I like the HRC gym and the Ray Harper Court. The front entrance is very nice and that is where the trophy cases are, which gives the small number of fans now a very intimate look inside the program.

The athletic department is touting their facility enhancements including new lighting for the soccer and softball fields along with locker room upgrades. New score boards installed at all the venues and so forth. The football and softball fields need new turf. The fact that the softball and soccer teams have lights will help. It is expensive for a tiny college to install and pay utility bills on four fields.

My understanding is the new turf at the softball and football fields will be installed for the 2018-2019 season. That's good. Now, the program needs to recruit student athletes in order to lift the athletic department out of the G-MAC basement. I highly doubt any coaching changes will be made outside of men's basketball, if that.

Personally, seeing the actual scholarship count would be nice. D3 move has not been announced yet.

Comment

How the excitement about all the SC renovation and improvements has quickly faded. This has turned into a disaster of season for kwc. Amazing how only now has the SC become to large. Did they add additional seating during those renovations?

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
            How the excitement about all the SC renovation and improvements has quickly faded. This has turned into a disaster of season for kwc. Amazing how only now has the SC become to large. Did they add additional seating during those renovations?
            Yeah, the Sportscenter now seats 21,445. An NBA game between the Bulls and the Hornets will throw down there next season.

Comment

New concession stands didn't make the splash as expected?

A friend told me on Facebook that the basketball teams will start playing their games at the HRC on campus. The Sportscenter is too large and expensive for the program now. I like the HRC gym and the Ray Harper Court. The front entrance is very nice and that is where the trophy cases are, which gives the small number of fans now a very intimate look inside the program.

The athletic department is touting their facility enhancements including new lighting for the soccer and softball fields along with locker room upgrades. New score boards installed at all the venues and so forth. The football and softball fields need new turf. The fact that the softball and soccer teams have lights will help. It is expensive for a tiny college to install and pay utility bills on four fields.

My understanding is the new turf at the softball and football fields will be installed for the 2018-2019 season. That's good. Now, the program needs to recruit student athletes in order to lift the athletic department out of the G-MAC basement. I highly doubt any coaching changes will be made outside of men's basketball, if that.

Personally, seeing the actual scholarship count would be nice. D3 move has not been announced yet.

Comment

What a smack in the face to a once great program.

Comment

There is nothing sad about the move. It's a nice small college gymnasium. It is what it is.

Comment

Nothing sad about the move? Come on man, you say you've been a long time fan...how is there nothing sad about going from games of 5,000+ fans nearly every game to games in front of maybe 500 fans in the Rec gym?

There is nothing sad about the move. It's a nice small college gymnasium. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
                      Nothing sad about the move? Come on man, you say you've been a long time fan...how is there nothing sad about going from games of 5,000+ fans nearly every game to games in front of maybe 500 fans in the Rec gym?
                      Yea i am with the USI guys on this one. Too big and expensive for KWC, but not for Owensboro Catholic High School?? You are the same guys that talk about the history of sc, how intimidating it is to play there. I believe it is a step down from SC. So is the program going D3?

Comment

A friend told me that KWC is going to hire Shaka Smart away from Texas and we're going D1 next year, and also starting Men's synchronized swimming.

The message board is all yours. Brandon can go ahead and delete my profile if he sees fit - I'm done.

Comment

You are wrong about Smart it is Pitino that is coming and bring with him the Bowen kid. I read in in the SC rest room wall.

Comment

I'm just stating what I have been told will happen. It's not hard for me to imagine. The writings have been on the wall for awhile. Jones gym got a new score board and scorer's table. Our games need to be played there until the program can make more money at the Sportscenter. I like the gym. I don't care what anyone thinks.

Does USI have a football stadium? No, well, KWC does and the football field and the softball field, both, need new turf for next season. They have made upgrades with new score boards and field lighting.The baseball park is usually immaculate.

I would rather see a small gym full, rather than the Sportscenter look empty. No rental fee. The Wesleyan brand is on display and more people come to the campus. Some additional seating could be added.

Comment

I'm just stating what I have been told will happen. It's not hard for me to imagine. The writings have been on the wall for awhile. Jones gym got a new score board and scorer's table. Our games need to be played there until the program can make more money at the Sportscenter. I like the gym. I don't care what anyone thinks.

Does USI have a football stadium? No, well, KWC does and the football field and the softball field, both, need new turf for next season. They have made upgrades with new score boards and field lighting.The baseball park is usually immaculate.

I would rather see a small gym full, rather than the Sportscenter look empty. No rental fee. The Wesleyan brand is on display and more people come to the campus. Some additional seating could be added.

Comment

Why do you give a crap? You have never been in it. I'm pretty sure the Sportscenter can still be rented in the future, considering KWC is responsible for it being there in the first place.
                                Last edited by alumnifan; 01-03-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X