Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

The past does mean something in terms of tradition. That is why they hang the banners and leave them up.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
      The past does mean something in terms of tradition. That is why they hang the banners and leave them up.
      WoD hangs banners because ranked #1 in glvc formula standings.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
        WoD hangs banners because ranked #1 in glvc formula standings.
        Thats a little different than 8 NCAA titles.

Comment

AB has a really good team.

Comment

I scan your thread from time to time and have seen a lot of disheartening comments lately suggesting that the KWC Athletic Dept (all sports) can't compete in the "new/improved" G-MAC. I don't know the situation, and maybe it is truly more dire than it appears to this outsider. However, I just wanted to point out that your baseball and softball teams were just voted preseason favorites.

BTW - I always think the beauty of basketball is that it is by-far the easiest team sport to pull a 180 in*. One player changes so much. So does a coach. Of course, that works in reverse too.

*Well, softball is probably pretty close. The fact that a pitcher doesn't require rest (and can pitch numerous consecutive games) really minimizes the "team" aspect.

Comment

Kwc is a lost cause. The posters on here occasionally brag about how 3000 people used to fill the sports center. Saturday they had like 700 people in attendance. They are done!!

Comment

Some people when they are told they cannot accomplish something or that they are done, will come back and make you eat your words with their future accomplishments. We've all seen it done.

Comment

nevermind.
                  Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 01-22-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                    There's one person saying those things, and said person likes to claim insider status when in truth they know nothing of what they speak.

Our basketball team is having a bad year. We're going to need a coach. Those are things that will be corrected.

The people saying we're "done" are USI fans. They'd love nothing so much as for that to be the truth. I particularly like the guy that comes over here when we lose a game with snarky "such and such is good this year" comments. He only does that because he wants a distraction from what a dumpster fire the USI thread is.

I check the board from time to time but all I ever see is the USI nonsense on their thread, and the same people from there coming over to other threads to make disparaging comments. It's not fun anymore. Maybe some day people will actually talk about basketball. If they do I might become more active on here again (not that my comments are a special treat or anything). But as for right now I have better things to do than to get into arguments online with people who act like they are 7 years old, or who claim to know things that they don't, or who cannot distinguish between "fact" vs. "opinion".

It really has nothing to do with KWC's poor performance this year. There's been multiple games where I came home and thought of things I'd like to come on here and say, but I said screw it because the result would just be the same - USI people making 3rd grade comments and a certain "KWC fan" responding with something ludicrous. It just seems like a total waste of time.

And let me say this, while I'm logged in - saying things like "KWC is dropping to D3" over and over like you know that's something real and not just a fantasy statement does nothing to help the school or athletic program. I don't know if any student athletes or prospective student athletes know about this board and would get on here - I doubt it, but you never know - so by stating these things as fact and like you have some kind of inside source is going to hurt recruiting and interest in the school. It's one thing for a USI goon to come on here and say "huh huh huh KWC should go to D3" but something totally different to comment like it's a statement of fact when it isn't. Get mad at me all you want but if you actually give a damn about KWC you will stop with that kind of damaging statement.
                    Yes, we all know you have better things to do than write a 6 paragraph response, like you just did, as to why everything people post is inaccurate or disparaging. The idea that a perspective student athlete chooses not to attend kwc because he read a discouraging comment on here is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                      Yes, we all know you have better things to do than write a 6 paragraph response, like you just did, as to why everything people post is inaccurate or disparaging. The idea that a perspective student athlete chooses not to attend kwc because he read a discouraging comment on here is hilarious.
                      I rest my case.

Comment

I rest my case.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. This is a fantastic post! Teams have bad years and it can happen quickly with one bad recruiting season, players getting hurt or leaving for whatever reason. Those claiming Kentucky Wesleyan is dead in the water are either wishful thinking or don't have the slightest clue about basketball. Probably both! Lol! If Kentucky Wesleyan lands a good coach they could be back in the thick of things in no time!

There's one person saying those things, and said person likes to claim insider status when in truth they know nothing of what they speak.

Our basketball team is having a bad year. We're going to need a coach. Those are things that will be corrected.

The people saying we're "done" are USI fans. They'd love nothing so much as for that to be the truth. I particularly like the guy that comes over here when we lose a game with snarky "such and such is good this year" comments. He only does that because he wants a distraction from what a dumpster fire the USI thread is.

I check the board from time to time but all I ever see is the USI nonsense on their thread, and the same people from there coming over to other threads to make disparaging comments. It's not fun anymore. Maybe some day people will actually talk about basketball. If they do I might become more active on here again (not that my comments are a special treat or anything). But as for right now I have better things to do than to get into arguments online with people who act like they are 7 years old, or who claim to know things that they don't, or who cannot distinguish between "fact" vs. "opinion".

It really has nothing to do with KWC's poor performance this year. There's been multiple games where I came home and thought of things I'd like to come on here and say, but I said screw it because the result would just be the same - USI people making 3rd grade comments and a certain "KWC fan" responding with something ludicrous. It just seems like a total waste of time.

And let me say this, while I'm logged in - saying things like "KWC is dropping to D3" over and over like you know that's something real and not just a fantasy statement does nothing to help the school or athletic program. I don't know if any student athletes or prospective student athletes know about this board and would get on here - I doubt it, but you never know - so by stating these things as fact and like you have some kind of inside source is going to hurt recruiting and interest in the school. It's one thing for a USI goon to come on here and say "huh huh huh KWC should go to D3" but something totally different to comment like it's a statement of fact when it isn't. Get mad at me all you want but if you actually give a damn about KWC you will stop with that kind of damaging statement.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by glvcpro; 01-22-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

nope. done. bye.
                                Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 01-22-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X