Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three more recruits announced, including the pair previously discussed from Don Bosco Prep

https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2023/6/...r-2023-24.aspx

The third is a 5th year senior with one year left from D2 Palm Beach Atlantic. One thing we won't be lacking this season is size ... Remouche should be back and playing this year after redshirting last year, is listed at 6'10". Jack Mahoney, a freshman is 6'10". Transfer from Palm Beach Atlantic Rakic is 6'8". Then we've got Jones at an athletic 6'5", Peterson 6'6" with a similar build, Fernandez a thick 6'7' and then to top it off several guards that are well built 6'1", 6'2", 6'3". On paper we look very much like the recent Hillsdale teams that have been around the top of the conference.

Despite my reservations about Cooper I find myself getting excited for the season to get here again. I guess he hasn't entirely doused my enthusiasm yet. That said, it's going to be quite the challenge to have this large of a roster turnover and produce a team that can play well together. Here's hoping...

Comment

• Agree with kdubnation's thoughts. Cooper has to play them. Almost every player we have has improved (a lot) late in high school. I believe , if he played him over 5 minutes Kaevon would be solid.

As it is we really do not know what to expect from him. I am excited to see what we have and nice to have frost that can get better.

Comment

• Is there something happening with WBB. No roster no schedule. D2 schools are really recruiting hard and like D1 MBB many offers given to players that will not play much in D1.
        anyone have news about KWC WBB ?

Comment

• Kentucky Wesleyan could save space by eliminating Caleb's spot on the bench that his butt never uses. That dude works so hard. KWC is fortunate his wife and kid are so involved in the program or he might have been off for greener pastures already. He is a heckuva coach.

Comment

• 100% agree about Caleb. I also think she adds a lot filling in his weakness and is a better recruiter.

Comment

• Some shake ups on the coaching staff this year... Coach Hochstetler isn't listed as a coach this year on the website. Brought in Joe Krupinski who has some small school experience. Travis Owsley is back and Coop brought Cardell back following his charges being dismissed last year.

Comment

• Any one heard anything about season tickets

Comment

• I haven't. We're a week out from the first exhibition game. Need to get their @#&$ together.

Comment

• Apparently the Sportscenter, or whatever the company is that manages it these days is called, is in charge of the season tickets this year and everyone is waiting for them to be ready before they can release the info. Renewals "should be on sale any day now". Nothing like waiting til the last minute.

But no, everything's fine. I'm sure this is the year the ship is righted.

Comment

• Very bush league....I know, most D2 probably is now for various reasons...but when I was growing up in the 80s...it all seemed very polished and A list....but, different times I guess.

Comment

• Ticket info has *finally* been released.

https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2023/10...ng-season.aspx

Comment

• Interested to see what we can do against U of L tonight. Looks like we played pretty well against St. Louis. I expect Louisville to be tougher, though. I know they struggled last year but I don't think they're going to be nearly as bad this season. Looking forward to seeing my first game at the Yum! Center. Have been there for other events in the past, but this will be the first basketball game.

Comment

• Well ... that was fun!

Comment

• I wonder if we'd still land at 8th if they took that vote now

Comment

• Wow! Congratulations to Wesleyan!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X