Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

Lot of bad teams in the region. Bad teams are willing to accept mediocrity. MSWIH.

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
    Appears to be the worst KWC men's basketball team in history. I feel sorry for Joel Utley who I have great respect for, the man is a legend behind the microphone. Might be a good idea to start looking at D-3 and get out of D-2. A KWC season with 20 losses, which it looks like is about to happen, is not good for the school.

Comment

Now is it truth Ashland is leaving the GLIAC for the G-MAC? If so, that's really bad news for the KWC athletics. Another good program will be two more losses each season for the KWC men's basketball team. And Ashland's football team will beat KWC 80-0.

Comment

Sigh...we aren't looking at a 20 loss season...most likely not even a losing season. Playing extremely short handed right now. Pretty disappointing start to the season but hardly time to jump off a cliff. Message board has been taken over by idiotic trolls, making it difficult to even come on here. There are no conversations about basketball anymore just insults and insane ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
          Sigh...we aren't looking at a 20 loss season...most likely not even a losing season. Playing extremely short handed right now. Pretty disappointing start to the season but hardly time to jump off a cliff. Message board has been taken over by idiotic trolls, making it difficult to even come on here. There are no conversations about basketball anymore just insults and insane ramblings.
          Which players are out? And is it because of injury?

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
            Which players are out? And is it because of injury?
            Our best player Harris has been out with knee injury since Louisville game, Dakota Quinn - whom I would consider to be our second best player, and honestly may be as good or better than Harris by the end of the season - missed yesterday and was severely limited today due to respiratory illness, one player left the team and one player was dismissed prior to the start of the season (one of whom was a D1 transfer post player which would have helped our front court depth, the other was a guard) and today our most experienced PG was held out due to missing a mandatory team meeting (how that happens when you're on the road I have no clue). So none of that is intended as an excuse but as I said, we've been playing very short handed which won't always be the case. We'll see how the team looks when we actually have all of our personnel.

Comment

When will we have all of our personell back this season? Second semester? When Happy has to recruit new players to play in the second semester? I'm not a Happy hater. However, this season has many important KWC basketball supporters concerned. Believe me.....

Comment

I saw Todd Lee play six players and win. That's all he had, and they played their guts out. The Thanksgiving tournament could be chilling.

Comment

I'm not happy with the way this season has started, but I'm also not prepared to write off the whole athletic program and start talking about needing to drop to D3 based on one bad season either. Todd Lee's first season we went something like 11-19 if I remember correctly and I don't recall anyone going off the deep end and trying to push to leave the ncaa.

Comment

All of these suspensions that have occurred since the coaching change makes me sick. In fact, the total number is the most I have seen under any coach.

If you have a player late or missing a team meeting, you send an assistant out and drag his behind to the meeting. Then, you run his azz off either before or after the next practice. You can't punish the entire team like that. Cardell and Young got a minor suspension under Todd Lee for fighting in the locker room. They straightened their act up. I can't remember how many players were suspended in Osborne's first home game four years ago. I think it was three.

You recruit them, you own their mistakes! Still, there are more and less painful ways to punish a player, rather than the team, without suspending them.

Comment

I'm not happy with the way this season has started, but I'm also not prepared to write off the whole athletic program and start talking about needing to drop to D3 based on one bad season either. Todd Lee's first season we went something like 11-19 if I remember correctly and I don't recall anyone going off the deep end and trying to push to leave the ncaa.
                      Oh, yeah, and what Lee inherited was a decimated team on NCAA probation. He never had more than 8 scholarships to give. I was there for every single home game in Todd's first season. You could have thrown a rock in every direction and not hit a fan. The Sportscenter was virtually empty. That soon changed under Todd Lee. His attendance numbers became outstanding at the Sportscenter against much better competition, I might add.

I am not the one talking about the program going D3. The Board of Trustees started that rumor. Believe it or not, I don't care, it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                        All of these suspensions that have occurred since the coaching change makes me sick. In fact, the total number is the most I have seen under any coach.

If you have a player late or missing a team meeting, you send an assistant out and drag his behind to the meeting. Then, you run his azz off either before or after the next practice. You can't punish the entire team like that. Cardell and Young got a minor suspension under Todd Lee for fighting in the locker room. They straightened their act up. I can't remember how many players were suspended in Osborne's first home game four years ago. I think it was three.

You recruit them, you own their mistakes! Still, there are more and less painful ways to punish a player, rather than the team, without suspending them.
                        There were 3 suspended that year, due to RAPE ALLEGATIONS. I suppose you'd have had him go ahead and play them anyway? I'd say by now the expectations he has set for his players are pretty clear. I don't think he has hidden the fact from anyone that if they break the rules the punishment is loss of playing time. These aren't 7th graders. These are adults.

Comment

There were 3 suspended that year, due to RAPE ALLEGATIONS. I suppose you'd have had him go ahead and play them anyway? I'd say by now the expectations he has set for his players are pretty clear. I don't think he has hidden the fact from anyone that if they break the rules the punishment is loss of playing time. These aren't 7th graders. These are adults.
                          A new coach coming into a program has the perogotive of keeping leftover players or not. I remember that incident and went straight to Todd Lillpop and the internet game scorer to find out what happened. I am not criticizing that incident.

Since they are adults you lay down the law. There have been numerous suspensions since then for STUPID things the players did.

Comment

Big O college basketball rankings

1. Brescia (4)
                            2. Western Kentucky-Owensboro
                            3. WGU KY
                            4. KWC

Comment

I just saw KWC suffered yet another 30-point beating, this one against Western Ky. I admit to being a USI grad who enjoys seeing KWC lose, but the constant drubbings actually makes me feel sorry for the Panther fans. Several excuse makers say it's because they don't have their best player, but what do you do if he gets in foul trouble? Where's the rest of the team? Its not like WKU is a top-level team in Division I. Maybe a move to D-3 will be for the best as one of your own people has said.

Comment

It looks like the KWC posters have gone into hiding after the Panthers got slapped around by 30 points last night at WKU. A once-proud basketball program has completely collapsed into irrelevancy in Division II.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X