Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

I hear you barking but you're on ignore so I have no idea what irrelevant slander you're spewing off. The silence is wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
      It looks like the KWC posters have gone into hiding after the Panthers got slapped around by 30 points last night at WKU. A once-proud basketball program has completely collapsed into irrelevancy in Division II.
      What is the Duluth thing, what team

Comment

Happy Osborne takes medical leave from kWC. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
          Happy Osborne takes medical leave from kWC. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.
          Bet the guy's blood pressure is at an all-time high after all the losses this season. Feel sorry for him and hope he gets better quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
            What is the Duluth thing, what team
            UM-Duluth. We're in Minnesota. It's a state up in the north here in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
              Bet the guy's blood pressure is at an all-time high after all the losses this season. Feel sorry for him and hope he gets better quickly.
              Getting old is not for the weak-hearted. Maybe he can come back and finish strong this season.

Comment

Getting old is not for the weak-hearted. Maybe he can come back and finish strong this season.
                Agreed. But a strong finish for this underwhelming KWC team might be like a 12-15 record. I can't see how even a bad league like the G-MAC could allow KWC to finish .500, given the losses they've already suffered this season.

Comment

Damnation, this is turning into one helluva season.

Comment

For the record... I am right here. I will not waste my time or words responding to "stupid"

Comment

Sorry to hear that about Happy. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Happy is one of the good guys in the business. I wish him well and hope he comes back stronger than ever.

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                        Sorry to hear that about Happy. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

FTR, I do feel bad for Coach Happy Osborne. However, and I mean this sincerely, I didn't expect this season to start out the way it did.

Coach Osborne did note when Jason Mays was hired that his new assistant was ready to be a head coach. We'll see how the KWC team responds under the interim coach., which I assume will be Brett Miller.

I don't have any inside information other than from a prominent alum, and his connection to a prominent former player and an administator outside of the coaching staff. After the last two seasons I really expected this team to be conference contenders again.

My comments may seem harsh if they are read by an athletic staff member. Still, my words are just my own feelings. Usually when something like this happens numerous prominent supporters are becoming frustrated. His health should be a major concern and reason for taking a break.

As a whole the athletic department goes the way of the men's basketball team. Personally, I think we could see more change in the athletic staff next season. The D3 proposal really did start within the Board of Trustees. I respect the BOT, but again that is not our tradition and with the All American Club disbanding it does not help matters. That organization really gave a lot of money over the years.

I hope this is a recovery year for the entire athletic program, and if Coach Osborne does not return, the college should announce a national search for a new head basketball coach.
                          Last edited by alumnifan; 11-16-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                            FTR, I do feel bad for Coach Happy Osborne. However, and I mean this sincerely, I didn't expect this season to start out the way it did.

Coach Osborne did note when Jason Mayes was hired that his new assistant was ready to be a head coach. We'll see how the KWC team responds under the interim coach.

I don't have any inside information other than from a prominent alum, and his connection to a prominent former player and an administator outside of the coaching staff. After the last two seasons I really expected this team to be conference contenders again.

My comments may seem harsh if they are read by an athletic staff member. Still, my words are just my own feelings. Usually when something like this happens numerous prominent supporters are becoming frustrated. His health should be a major concern and reason for taking a break.

As a whole the athletic department goes the way of the men's basketball team. Personally, I think we could see more change in the athletic staff next season. The D3 proposal really did start within the Board of Trustees. I respect the BOT, but again that is not our tradition and with the All American Club disbanding it does not help matters. That organization really gave a lot of money over the years.

I hope this is a recovery year for the entire athletic program, and if Coach Osborne does not return, the college should announce a national search for a new head basketball coach.
                            What is the nature of his illness??

Comment

Sprained ankle

Comment

Personal health problems are not public, and that's the way it should be. Any medical facility can be sued if they leak personal health dx.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X