Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Washburn would be bad because they don't allow cameras on the roof. The only place to set up a video camera is in the window below U N I.

Wait........

You know, WU could work if they used the suites for media and allow cameras on the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      I have some good friends from TAMUK that were absolutely miserable in 35 degree weather that Missourians have no problem with at all.
      Or Blazer fans. Taint fair.!
      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Looks like Owensboro Kentucky is the geographic center of most of the schools in Division 2 Football. Wonder if WKU football stadium would be available?

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
          Well that's easy because neither of those teams will play for a national championship.
          Are you sure? CWU lost in double OT last year to Commerce after blowing a lead and playing it too safe in the 2nd half. I think someone didn't pay attention to the playoffs last year. That they are currently 1-1 I know may be where you are going to, but that 1 loss was to a top 10 FCS program too and won't count in regional rankings.

They were closer last year than the blocked xp to tie the game against eventual champs NWMSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
            Are you sure? CWU lost in double OT last year to Commerce after blowing a lead and playing it too safe in the 2nd half. I think someone didn't pay attention to the playoffs last year. That they are currently 1-1 I know may be where you are going to, but that 1 loss was to a top 10 FCS program too and won't count in regional rankings.

They were closer last year than the blocked xp to tie the game against eventual champs NWMSU.
            Yeah, I'm sure....

Comment

Seems like we've broken down into predictable "sides." Those that say that there is no way they can move this years game from the immediate area of KC and for the future of the game away from KC they say, "we'll see" and those that say this is a golden opportunity to try something new and different by moving the game to a destination location this year and in the future.

Pretty predictable how this would turnout and who would be on each side.

I have every confidence that the NCAA will once again push the Easy Button and pick a venue near KC this year sighting the "short time frame and insurmountable logistics" involved in moving the game and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they picked this same location in the future siting the "success this location had putting the game together on short notice."

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                Seems like we've broken down into predictable "sides." Those that say that there is no way they can move this years game from the immediate area of KC and for the future of the game away from KC they say, "we'll see" and those that say this is a golden opportunity to try something new and different by moving the game to a destination location this year and in the future.

Pretty predictable how this would turnout and who would be on each side.

I have every confidence that the NCAA will once again push the Easy Button and pick a venue near KC this year sighting the "short time frame and insurmountable logistics" involved in moving the game and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they picked this same location in the future siting the "success this location had putting the game together on short notice."
                I wouldn't be surprised if this year's game is in the KC area. I would be surprised if the bidding process for subsequent years isn't more wide open than you suggest. If Orlando or Vegas or some other warm-weather destination wants to submit a bid in conjunction with a host member institution or conference, I'm sure the NCAA would listen.

Comment

Well that's easy because neither of those teams will play for a national championship.
                  You missed the point.
                  IH8FERRIS

Comment

Why not War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock?

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                      Ummm...4,259 last year is the lowest DII Champ game attendance since 2010 (4,027) and 4th lowest attendance since the inception of the DII NC Game in 1973.
                      Because it was a startup school with no fan base vs an LSC team that hasn't been good in forever. They would have had a low draw anywhere.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure....
                        Well, tell that to the pollsters who have them in the top 15. You are acting like CWU isn't even a top 25 team. I know we were outmatched going into GVSU for the regional finals, but also heard there was no way they'd beat UNO as well on the road after being destroyed at home. Which team made it to Lubbers? Any given Saturday makes it possible, especially if you return a decent chunk of your starters and starting QB. To count any team out already that was the #1 seed in their SR last year is a huge oversight. Do I think they will make it, I'd say about a 20-30% chance like for any of the top teams. Do I think they can make it, yes. It would be hard though, just like for any team.

I don't see why you say they shouldn't even be in the conversation of a possible team, as they made the playoffs last year and hosted Commerce. Germaine to the conversation though, even Vegas as a location isn't a day drive from Ellensburg and neither is LA which has a GNAC team. The people saying the site has to be a day's drive from all potential teams need to realize this isn't a possibility when you have both CWU and West Florida as teams in the discussion to make the playoffs. If either made the championship in KC, they are flying. Who knows, we could have a trip like that for the Semi-Finals at some point depending on which SR plays the other and that would be a much longer trip for one of the teams the week before the championship game. When CWU makes the playoffs, I can't think of a time when they played a team with in 600 miles of them in the SR. It is the price for being in the PNW, forgotten in everything as we are so far from everywhere and we heard the same talk in 2014 how Seattle had no chance to win the Super Bowl.

BTW, the distance from HSU to CWU is 630 miles so if those two had faced in the playoffs as conference mates, NCAA would foot the bill for a flight. That I think should show how flights and distances may be looked at differently over here.
                        Last edited by Wildcat Khan; 09-14-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          I would add that the ncaa and the miaa have some culpability here if they left a loophole for sporting to pull a last minute backout like this.
                          I'm sure the "loophole" is intentional. The NCAA backed out of the baseball championship agreement with Montgomery as the baseball season was starting back in 2008. The reason given was that the city hadn't lived up to the agreement. I'm sure that's why each side has the ability to back out of the contract. The NCAA wants the ability to get out if they feel the host is jerking them around.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                            I'm sure the "loophole" is intentional. The NCAA backed out of the baseball championship agreement with Montgomery as the baseball season was starting back in 2008. The reason given was that the city hadn't lived up to the agreement. I'm sure that's why each side has the ability to back out of the contract. The NCAA wants the ability to get out if they feel the host is jerking them around.
                            Or makes a law they don't agree with like Carolina. I'm interested to see how Oregon will be treated now with the new Gambling decision by the Supreme Court, as the Mota Center and Memorial Coliseum would be perfect for hosting NCAA tournament games. They stopped Oregon from hosting decades ago when Oregon had "legal betting" by having NFL games in their lottery.

You open up a very interesting question in regards to more than just the Division II championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Why not War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock?
                              A capacity of 55,000 is a way too big for D2. Mercy was 19,000-ish and UNA's 14,500 ... that's the right location in the country though.

Comment

Bids are due Monday. When will they decide?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X