X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Or Central Oklahoma?
    Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
      It was held at an amazing facility that put Braly to shame? It's just too bad that the owners of that facility are total douches and are backing out of their deal. It's not good for anyone involved. The city of Florence owns Braly right? It would be like if they just up and decided that they were going to replace the turf after UNA's season - NC game be damned. It wouldn't be the SNCC fault that the city decided to do that.
      That amazing facility that you speak of thinks D2 football is garbage and not worth their time. Congrats on moving it there.

Comment

I'd prefer Topeka over Warrensburg; same distance just to the west of KC and much greater capacity for hotels/catering

Comment

I agree it should be in the KC area this year, nothing else makes sense. It's simply too late to plan otherwise. But maybe somebody else wants it bad enough in future years that they will make it happen this year. Doubtful, but we will see in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
            Hell, let Simon Fraser host. You get a passport, you get a passport...EVERYBODY GETS A PASSPORT!!!
            And a grassy hill to sit on!

If you mean the area though, the BC Lions stadium is likely too large in seating for it to look good on TV, but D2 players have looked good on that field.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              I still say Tacoma Dome!
              NO!!!! West coast Liberalism would ruin everything that is good about D2 football!

Comment

Here's something I thought of.

Let's talk 2018 only.

Let's assume you are a player and have never played in a championship game before.

Would you rather:

1. Play at a stadium like The Star without much fanfare because you showed up the night before the game because of the lack of time to plan?

or

2. Play at Central Missouri's or Missouri Western's stadium, obviously nice D2 stadiums but not as nice as The Star, but you get to show up on Wednesday and have more pomp and circumstance?

I think that's the real question to be had for 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Let's talk 2018 only.

Let's assume you are a player and have never played in a championship game before.

Would you rather:

1. Play at a stadium like The Star without much fanfare because you showed up the night before the game because of the lack of time to plan?

or

2. Play at Central Missouri's or Missouri Western's stadium, obviously nice D2 stadiums but not as nice as The Star, but you get to show up on Wednesday and have more pomp and circumstance?

I think the coaches would prefer less pomp and circumstance lol. They want everything to be treated as normal as possible.

Comment

Let's talk 2018 only.

Would you rather:

or

Option 2. Better for the fans.

Comment

I believe that 1AA used to have the highest remaining seed host the NC, up until just a few years ago. If you are wanting the most butts in the seats, this is the way.

If you want to try to make D2 something that it isn't - a nationally relevant endeavor - then by all means keep putting it in obscure places on soccer fields in a city with lots of hotels and airports.

It seems that - for one game each year - everyone wants to elevate D2 into something of national interest. That hasn't worked and it won't. D2 is a local interest niche. When you try to make D2 something that it's not, I think it is a bad look for D2 and doesn't serve the D2 fan base well.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        I believe that 1AA used to have the highest remaining seed host the NC, up until just a few years ago. If you are wanting the most butts in the seats, this is the way.
                        This is not accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          I would add that the ncaa and the miaa have some culpability here if they left a loophole for sporting to pull a last minute backout like this.

Comment

This is not accurate.
                            My bad. I could have sworn I've seen NCs held at the 1AA home team's stadium - Montana (or Montana State?), Marshall, etc. But hey my memory isn't the best.

Point remains though.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                              My bad. I could have sworn I've seen NCs held at the 1AA home team's stadium - Montana (or Montana State?), Marshall, etc. But hey my memory isn't the best.

Point remains though.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_D...l_Championship

Comment

Originally posted by TUNA View Post
                                That amazing facility that you speak of thinks D2 football is garbage and not worth their time. Congrats on moving it there.
                                I'm not sure how you get that out of what happened.

The stadium is owned by Kansas Unified Development. Their main tenant is Sporting KC. They are worried about Sporting KC, and development of their city. As they should be, considering the D-II title game is one event out of a hundred each year they host there.

Braly didn't care enough to upgrade their decrepit scoreboard to something with decent video or remove a useless track from around the field that makes it look like a high school field (which it still is). Remnants of a track for a track and field team that doesn't exist at UNA.

On top of that, the city of Florence apparently didn't give enough of a **** about D-II football or UNA to do any real work to improve the city to the average person who comes to the games. No entertainment in the direct area around the stadium, shoddy hotels, and no nearby large airport for everyone! Does that mean they don't give a **** about D-II football or their own tenant in UNA? Or could it be that they were content with what the stadium and city were like as is, for the majority of the events that are held there?
                                Last edited by KleShreen; 09-12-2018, 08:56 PM.
                                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X