X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
    https://youtu.be/AcDPnIMeThE

Drone photography/videography is so cool.
    https://youtu.be/LsXFSzFPH7A

This is from the Final Four recently.
    Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        But these are requirements imposed by the NCAA. If DII truly is a niche product, why are we treating it like it is important? Hotel accommodations for the visitors travel team and coaching staff and that's it. If an NCAA official wants to come take in the game, the NCAA can pay and he can make his own hotel reservation. If ESPN wants to broadcast the game, they can do so...but hotel accommodations are on them.
        The point is not who pays for the hotels, it is that there needs to be adequate space for 150 players and coaches, fans, the NCAA it is not optional, and ESPN, plus officials etc.

There needs to be media space for conferences and interviews. And there needs to be a way to feed all of these people.

Some off the cities which have D2 universities can handle it. Take a town like Chadron, with 2 3* or better hotels. A 3000 seat stadium.

Just assuming the city can handle it last minute is ridiculous.

So all of these, let the highest ranking team host posts are not feasible.

Comment

If KC and the MIAA want to still host it this year in it seems the easiest thing to do is to play it at the ballpark up the street from Children's Mercy (Like the soccer team did when their stadium was being built)

Also The Chiefs play at Arrowhead Dec 13th so the NCAA wouldn't have the field the entire week like they want.

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
            The point is not who pays for the hotels, it is that there needs to be adequate space for 150 players and coaches, fans, the NCAA it is not optional, and ESPN, plus officials etc.

There needs to be media space for conferences and interviews. And there needs to be a way to feed all of these people.

Some off the cities which have D2 universities can handle it. Take a town like Chadron, with 2 3* or better hotels. A 3000 seat stadium.

But these are self imposed restrictions that really provide no benefit if D2 is truly a niche product. I mean, what benefit does having a gaggle of NCAA officials at the game provide? Why does the visiting team have to travel with 150 players? etc, etc? If people truly think D2 is a niche product, you don't really need all the extra "eye candy" stuff. Play the game just like any other week, award the trophy after the game and go home...home team shower up and head to the dorms...visiting team gets on their buses and leaves...NCAA officials that chose to attend get in their rental cars and head for the airport...fans that traveled to the game get in their cars and head home...facilities locks the gates at 8:30 and goes home for dinner.

I don't necessarily think DII is a niche product and I think the players (and fans) deserve a little more than that. But I'm not happy with how the NCAA manages the DII football championship selection process. It's like they know that they need to care...but at the end of the day, they just don't. They push the easy button as often as they can without really thinking about the best ways to try and grow the game.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
              Meh. Not anymore odd than playing in Frisco where the only current LSC school and one soon to be in the DFW metroplex with D2 ties right now doesn't have football (Dallas Baptist) or maybe should have football (Texas Womens):smile-big::smile-big:
              TAMU-Commerce is less than 90 minutes from DFW Airport, so it's on the outskirts of the "Metroplex" proper (which, depending on which entity you talk to, could include Hall County, where Commerce is located); Tarleton State's a little under two hours southwest of DFW, Wichita Falls is two hours to the northwest of DFW and let's not forget that Southeastern Oklahoma State (OK, I know it's GAC, but still) is a 90 minute drive from DFW in Durant.

The thing San Antonio has going for it is wonderful hospitality frame of mind where they are willing to cater to the smallest to the largest groups. They want you to come back either as part of a group or on personal time.
              That might not be a bad choice, but I don't see much of a D2 football link out of San Antonio.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TUNA View Post
                A UWG poster mentioned Georgia State's stadium in Atlanta

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaStateFB/s...85238304817154

It would need UWG or the GSC to put in the work to run it. That is the biggest thing is finding the motivated people who want to put in the work. Stadium is 2nd after that

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                  TAMU-Commerce is less than 90 minutes from DFW Airport, so it's on the outskirts of the "Metroplex" proper (which, depending on which entity you talk to, could include Hall County, where Commerce is located); Tarleton State's a little under two hours southwest of DFW, Wichita Falls is two hours to the northwest of DFW and let's not forget that Southeastern Oklahoma State (OK, I know it's GAC, but still) is a 90 minute drive from DFW in Durant.

That might not be a bad choice, but I don't see much of a D2 football link out of San Antonio.
                  Not as close. Angelo State and Kungsville are about 2.5 hours away

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Kingsville is only 2.5 hours from San Antonio with Corpus being two hours, so using your standard both are almost in the San Antonio metro area.

TAMUK/A&I has a large alumni base in the San Antonio/ Austin areas which still follow Javelina football despite the downturn and rollercoaster ride which has been the Javelina football program for about a decade know. Hopefully we can be done with that and resume an upward trajectory this season.

Comment

• Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post

Another thing to remember, this likely will be larger than the ESPN3 football crew too. While they could of course go the the APU game in Ellensburg last year (and this year's game at APU), I wouldn't expect them to in any way have the championship game there even with this year's stadium upgrades. While the camera work was good, you could see the lifts that they used for their elevated cameras and endzone shots that gave an ESPN quality production. I'm not sure we'd want to showcase D2 on TV that way, but on the internet for the fans it is quite nice. I also of course wouldn't want frozen TV announcers, although that does happen quite often in Pullman at the FBS level.

While remote, how about The Redwood Bowl in Arcata. Stick to the HSU admin!!!!

Comment

• http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...o_20180904.pdf

Comment

Too bad West Florida doesn't have a more updated facility. Wouldn't we all want to go to Pensacola in December.!!??
                          <>

Comment

Put me down for McKinney's new 70 million dollar stadium. Close enough to DFW, reasonable chance on weather, professional level broadcast booth and facilities. Just seems like a good fit except that their stadium holds about 2-3 times the number of people you would reasonably expect at a D2 game, however the city would likely be interested and turnout as well - something KC had no interest in.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/356564156-video

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                              But these are self imposed restrictions that really provide no benefit if D2 is truly a niche product. I mean, what benefit does having a gaggle of NCAA officials at the game provide? Why does the visiting team have to travel with 150 players? etc, etc? If people truly think D2 is a niche product, you don't really need all the extra "eye candy" stuff. Play the game just like any other week, award the trophy after the game and go home...home team shower up and head to the dorms...visiting team gets on their buses and leaves...NCAA officials that chose to attend get in their rental cars and head for the airport...fans that traveled to the game get in their cars and head home...facilities locks the gates at 8:30 and goes home for dinner.

I don't necessarily think DII is a niche product and I think the players (and fans) deserve a little more than that. But I'm not happy with how the NCAA manages the DII football championship selection process. It's like they know that they need to care...but at the end of the day, they just don't. They push the easy button as often as they can without really thinking about the best ways to try and grow the game.
                              Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                                Too bad West Florida doesn't have a more updated facility. Wouldn't we all want to go to Pensacola in December.!!??
                                Once they finish their master plan- I think it would be a great location!
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/uwf/al...7627509007714/
                                Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X