Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Sweet Home Alabama, Kansas City, what's next on my play list. It's gotta be something with a catchy tune.

Comment

Originally posted by LULionsFan View Post
      Put me down for McKinney's new 70 million dollar stadium. Close enough to DFW, reasonable chance on weather, professional level broadcast booth and facilities. Just seems like a good fit except that their stadium holds about 2-3 times the number of people you would reasonably expect at a D2 game, however the city would likely be interested and turnout as well - something KC had no interest in.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/356564156-video
      Kansas City provided a good fan base but bad weather hurt the turnout one year. I know a lot of people that went to games their teams weren't in... I did. Some of the attendance is on the teams involved in the game, though.

Comment

San Antonio would be a great location. Plenty of hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc. Not to mention the Riverwalk. Two possible venues in San Antonio are the Alamodome or the University of Incarnate Word.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
          San Antonio would be a great location. Plenty of hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc. Not to mention the Riverwalk. Two possible venues in San Antonio are the Alamodome or the University of Incarnate Word.
          If they're going to host at a school that isn't in the division, they might as well just put it back at Braly.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            If they're going to host at a school that isn't in the division, they might as well just put it back at Braly.
            While I loved going to Florence I think a city like San Antonio has so much more to offer when it comes to simple things like hotels and restaurants. If I remember correctly there's very few hotel choices and limited restaurants in Florence. Not mention it is very easy to get a flight into San Antonio at a more affordable price and more convenient than flying into Huntsville and driving to Florence. Just some thoughts.
            Last edited by IH8SVSU; 09-07-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
              Gee I didn't know that. :doh:
              If you read back, you'll see the cities then for CWU fans within 10 hours. I'll note I also included Salt Lake City which is a 10 hour and 40 minute drive according to Google maps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
                Sweet Home Alabama, Kansas City, what's next on my play list. It's gotta be something with a catchy tune.
                Winslow, AZ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                  Winslow, AZ?
                  "Such a fine site to see."

How about:

"When the sun comes up on a sleepy little town, down around San Antone."

And then there was the original "bad girl of country," Tanya Tucker and San Antonio Stroll. I REALLY liked me some Tanya back in the day! Lookin' all sweat and innocent until she drinks you under the table and punches you in the mouth for "looking" at another woman!!! Then drives you back to her place!!
                  Last edited by boatcapt; 09-07-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

While I loved going to Florence I think a city like San Antonio has so much more to offer when it comes to simple things like hotels and restaurants. If I remember correctly there's very few hotel choices and limited restaurants in Florence. Not mention it is very easy to get a flight into San Antonio at a more affordable price and more convenient than flying into Huntsville and driving to Florence. Just some thoughts.
                    It makes zero sense for airport access to play any part in to where the game is hosted, at all. If it is considered, then you are pandering to about 1% of the people who attend the game.

Comment

How about LaGrange? Still in Texas for all those saying to move it there and keeps a song reference for it.

Comment

UIW could not meet the requirements. The stadium holds 6,000 as currently configured.

I love San Antonio, but it is not as good a location as the DFW area.

It would add a significant amount of driving for most. And I-35 from DFW to San Antonio, with the associated drive through Austin, is always under expansion, with construction delays. That adds over 5 hours to the drive.
                        Last edited by UNA_Texan; 09-07-2018, 11:34 AM.
                        Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
                          UIW could not meet the requirements. The stadium holds 6,000 as currently configured.

I love San Antonio, but it is not as good a location as the DFW area.

It would add a significant amount of driving for most. And I-35 from DFW to San Antonio, with the associated drive through Austin, is always under expansion, with construction delays. That adds over 5 hours to the drive.
                          Before Mercy won the bid, people were suggesting the Cowboys' practice stadium, and that seemed cool.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                            Before Mercy won the bid, people were suggesting the Cowboys' practice stadium, and that seemed cool.
                            One thing to consider...Texas HS Football semi-final playoff games will be going on on Dec 15th.

These get large crowds, and often take out the better football facilities. The Alamodome is often used, AT&T stadium, etc
                            Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
                              One thing to consider...Texas HS Football semi-final playoff games will be going on on Dec 15th.

These get large crowds, and often take out the better football facilities. The Alamodome is often used, AT&T stadium, etc
                              Yep. You can almost count on the Alamodome, Reliant, and AT&T already being blocked off for that weekend. The in house revenue generated by two or three playoff games per facility would outweigh what a D2 Championship would bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
                                This should do for now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X