Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

For the same reason people thought that playing the game in a soccer stadium in an area with a lot of BBQ restaurants would bring people to the game.

We've done "rustic backwoods" (Florence) and we've done "cold mid-west city" (KC). Neither moved the attendance needle. Only thing we haven't tried is "warm climate tourist destination." Before we throw our collective hands up and give up as some are advocating, seems like we should at least try the one type of location we haven't yet tried.

Comment

Stop beating around the bush. What you all are really craving is the NC game to be played at the Thunder bowl here in Pueblo. Okay, if you insist, we can do that.
      Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        For the same reason people thought that playing the game in a soccer stadium in an area with a lot of BBQ restaurants would bring people to the game.

We've done "rustic backwoods" (Florence) and we've done "cold mid-west city" (KC). Neither moved the attendance needle. Only thing we haven't tried is "warm climate tourist destination." Before we throw our collective hands up and give up as some are advocating, seems like we should at least try the one type of location we haven't yet tried.
        If one of the conference puts in a bid with it, sure!!! Is it the RMAC or GNAC though for Vegas? APU and Dixie State aren't too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
          If one of the conference puts in a bid with it, sure!!! Is it the RMAC or GNAC though for Vegas? APU and Dixie State aren't too far away.
          I still say Tacoma Dome!

Comment

totally agree with you boatcapt. I said this a few years back when they decided again on KC. Play in a place where people would want to go in December......like Florida or California. Quick dicking around and start treating it like a championship game. These kids and these institutions deserve better than a cold weather venue to play the most important game of they life.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Salem, VA...the D3 Championship was played there for years. I went to a couple, very nice stadium. Crowds were decent, although it is not too far from Ohio and Mt Union always seemed to be playing and brought big crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                I still say Tacoma Dome!
                https://tacomadome.org/events-tickets/event-calendar

It looks clear, but it also doesn't show State Championships which are November 30-December 1, 2018 in the Tacoma Dome. Looking at it is something we should think about on all calendars for the venues, events such as concerts and expo's at the venues.

2 Justin Timberlake shows may just put it out of the running though for me! Fleetwood Mac and Trans-Siberian Orchestra also playing there in November.

Comment

Originally posted by wgsportsphotos View Post
                  totally agree with you boatcapt. I said this a few years back when they decided again on KC. Play in a place where people would want to go in December......like Florida or California. Quick dicking around and start treating it like a championship game. These kids and these institutions deserve better than a cold weather venue to play the most important game of they life.
                  How many of you that support this idea are generally taking random vacations the week before Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                    Has anyone mentioned Salem, VA...the D3 Championship was played there for years. I went to a couple, very nice stadium. Crowds were decent, although it is not too far from Ohio and Mt Union always seemed to be playing and brought big crowds.
                    Too far east.

Comment

There have been several games in South Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        How many of you that support this idea are generally taking random vacations the week before Christmas?
                        Wasn't random, but I did get back from Australia a week before last Christmas. It sure was nice taking that time away from cold weather.

Comment

But you can ask the same thing about having the game in KC (or Florence, or OKC, or Tacoma)...how many are generally taking random vacations the week before Christmas to go to a place just to watch a football game?

Is putting the game in a tourist destination city going to insure 18,000 rabid DII fans show up? Probably not. But does it have a chance to move the attendance needle more so than a cold climate game were the prospect of snow and bad weather is a real possibility? I think so. Some disagree and believe there is nothing that can (or should) be done to try and improve attendance. Short of "giving up" I think we should at least try something we haven't really ever had...our NC game is a tourist destination location (not just a warm location). If that doesn't work, we can all truly throw our hands up and give up.

Comment

But you can ask the same thing about having the game in KC (or Florence, or OKC, or Tacoma)...how many are generally taking random vacations the week before Christmas to go to a place just to watch a football game?

Is putting the game in a tourist destination city going to insure 18,000 rabid DII fans show up? Probably not. But does it have a chance to move the attendance needle more so than a cold climate game were the prospect of snow and bad weather is a real possibility? I think so. Some disagree and believe there is nothing that can (or should) be done to try and improve attendance. Short of "giving up" I think we should at least try something we haven't really ever had...our NC game is a tourist destination location (not just a warm location). If that doesn't work, we can all truly throw our hands up and give up.
                            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                              Tell me...what is the distance from Mount Union to Salem, VA?
                              IH8FERRIS

Comment

With one weeks notice, as well.
                                Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X