Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Dude...I actually went to the Spirit site and verified the flight price. Apparently you didn't. For some reason you want to "catch me in a lie" so bad that you are willing to lie yourself. Not sure why that is.
    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post
      That might be true, but still at this late in the game, take it back to Florence, where they have a game plan already in place, having done it for a number of years. You don't want a last-minute logistics nightmare.

Comment

Once a Bearcat, Always a Bearcat!

Comment

That might be true, but still at this late in the game, take it back to Florence, where they have a game plan already in place, having done it for a number of years. You don't want a last-minute logistics nightmare.

But they don't have a plan in place, they haven't hosted in several years. They do have the experience of (many) past years, but no current plan ready to go.
          Once a Bearcat, Always a Bearcat!

Comment

Originally posted by OnceaBearcat View Post
            But they don't have a plan in place, they haven't hosted in several years. They do have the experience of (many) past years, but no current plan ready to go.
            Very true. I doubt the Shoals National Championship Committee has contact information which is current.
            Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
              At this point anyplace other than KC for this year would be a logistical nightmare. The logistics of the actual game are the least of the worries-
              That may be a fare concern, but if it can be at a location that has hosted many events, there is a process in place. And although it would need to be compressed, I would think that it's not that big of a hurdle. Sure one always wants more time, but this isn't insurmountable. Thought hosting it at a smaller location would add to concerns.

Comment

Take it to Frisco, TX, they have the FCS Championship already planned. Just duplicate it for the earlier event. There is what, two or three weeks between the two championships.

If that wont work, have a double header where the DIII game is. Everything is in place, just plus everything up by two. ESPN is already there and planned for. Have a 3PM and 6PM kick offs and be done with it.

Not sure on the field, if grass or turf. If grass, that could be a concern.

Just some quick off the cuff ideas.

Comment

There is no plan in place here, when we lost the NC that all went away. Of course I don't speak for the SNCC but I'm sure they feel the same way. NCAA wanted someone better to have it, and you saw what happened.
                  -Will
                  THE University of North Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Swarm View Post
                    There is no plan in place here, when we lost the NC that all went away. Of course I don't speak for the SNCC but I'm sure they feel the same way. NCAA wanted someone better to have it, and you saw what happened.
                    It was held at an amazing facility that put Braly to shame? It's just too bad that the owners of that facility are total douches and are backing out of their deal. It's not good for anyone involved. The city of Florence owns Braly right? It would be like if they just up and decided that they were going to replace the turf after UNA's season - NC game be damned. It wouldn't be the SNCC fault that the city decided to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                      That may be a fare concern, but if it can be at a location that has hosted many events, there is a process in place. And although it would need to be compressed, I would think that it's not that big of a hurdle. Sure one always wants more time, but this isn't insurmountable. Thought hosting it at a smaller location would add to concerns.
                      I don't think that there are too many places that have hosted a lot of D2 football championship games. Like I said, the actual game itself is probably the easiest thing to replace somewhere else - it's all of the other activities that they have the teams do. The dinners, the activities within the community, the lining up the multiple practice fields, etc., etc. For this year, if they did it in the KC area - I can see them using UCM football stadium. It is a really nice stadium - holds 12,000 - which would fit almost every NC crowd. And its not too far from downtown KC.

Comment

Hell, let Simon Fraser host. You get a passport, you get a passport...EVERYBODY GETS A PASSPORT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                          I don't think that there are too many places that have hosted a lot of D2 football championship games. Like I said, the actual game itself is probably the easiest thing to replace somewhere else - it's all of the other activities that they have the teams do. The dinners, the activities within the community, the lining up the multiple practice fields, etc., etc. For this year, if they did it in the KC area - I can see them using UCM football stadium. It is a really nice stadium - holds 12,000 - which would fit almost every NC crowd. And its not too far from downtown KC.
                          Since the MIAA is involved in the hosting I believe that Central Missouri would be the best location this year because of the short notice.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                            Since the MIAA is involved in the hosting I believe that Central Missouri would be the best location this year because of the short notice.
                            That's not a bad idea, imo.

Comment

I would add that the ncaa and the miaa have some culpability here if they left a loophole for sporting to pull a last minute backout like this.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                                Or Central Oklahoma?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X