Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 NC NOT in KC??

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    It makes zero sense for airport access to play any part in to where the game is hosted, at all. If it is considered, then you are pandering to about 1% of the people who attend the game.
    not disagreeing, but i would guess the airport access requirement has more to do with ncaa personnel and broadcast staff than fans. but i could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
      to find a suitable host for this season, they may have to change some of their requirements. guess it depends on the short notice bid results...

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        It makes zero sense for airport access to play any part in to where the game is hosted, at all. If it is considered, then you are pandering to about 1% of the people who attend the game.
        So lemme get this straight. If the game draws 13,000 people you think less than 13 of them will fly in...I'm sure UNA had more than that fly in and I know UWG had much more than that fly to Pueblo in 2014.

Comment

You seem to be counting the entire GNAC and RMAC in that 1%. They can't drive in a day to many of the sites mentioned for most of their schools fan bases. If either conference were to get someone in the national title game, flights are almost guaranteed. Easy airport access would effect us quite a lot unless Kansas City is the choice for part of the RMAC. Even then, just to get the airport for HSU, CWU, and WOU is a bit of a drive as none are within an hour of a major city. APU who could win the GNAC this year though, they have LAX to use.

If any of those teams make it, the teams would also likely be flying and not busing with the NCAA footing the bill as over 300 miles regardless of the site chosen.

Comment

Comment

Obviously your tiny mind cannot comprehend that airport access is one of many variables in the equation and you cannot or just refuse to look at the big picture. Do you know what an equation is? Anyways.....I get it, you're in love with that nasty Cajuns restaurant. D2 deserves better than Cajuns. Stop living in the past bro.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                Meh. Not anymore odd than playing in Frisco where the only current LSC school and one soon to be in the DFW metroplex with D2 ties right now doesn't have football (Dallas Baptist) or maybe should have football (Texas Womens):smile-big::smile-big:

The thing San Antonio has going for it is wonderful hospitality frame of mind where they are willing to cater to the smallest to the largest groups. They want you to come back either as part of a group or on personal time.
                I agree with you about San Antonio. We vacation there at least twice every year. Such a great city. If they would only do away with their sanctuary city status. But that's a discussion for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post
                  The point is not who pays for the hotels, it is that there needs to be adequate space for 150 players and coaches, fans, the NCAA it is not optional, and ESPN, plus officials etc.

There needs to be media space for conferences and interviews. And there needs to be a way to feed all of these people.

Some off the cities which have D2 universities can handle it. Take a town like Chadron, with 2 3* or better hotels. A 3000 seat stadium.

Just assuming the city can handle it last minute is ridiculous.

So all of these, let the highest ranking team host posts are not feasible.
                  Grand Rapids, Michigan can handle everything you just said and then some. Doesn't matter that The Grand Valley State University is right in the GR backyard

Comment

Grand Rapids is a nice place to visit, but averages around 2 ft of snow that time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      Grand Rapids is a nice place to visit, but averages around 2 ft of snow that time of year.
                      Ahhh 2 feet of snow is just a dusting. The wonderful county road commission in Kent and Ottawa counties would have that cleaned up in the blink of an eye ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                        I just talked to your buddy Al Gore. He said with global warming in full force GR is good to go to host the D2 NC game.

Comment

Originally posted by IH8SVSU View Post
                          Obviously your tiny mind cannot comprehend that airport access is one of many variables in the equation and you cannot or just refuse to look at the big picture. Do you know what an equation is? Anyways.....I get it, you're in love with that nasty Cajuns restaurant. D2 deserves better than Cajuns. Stop living in the past bro.
                          Sorry... flying is not that big of a deal for most of the attendees. Driving impacts much more. As for the supporting resources... they can get almost anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
                            So lemme get this straight. If the game draws 13,000 people you think less than 13 of them will fly in...I'm sure UNA had more than that fly in and I know UWG had much more than that fly to Pueblo in 2014.
                            Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Judging by my experience in Florence, I think 5-10% is probably the average with the number being closer to 5% most years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                                You seem to be counting the entire GNAC and RMAC in that 1%. They can't drive in a day to many of the sites mentioned for most of their schools fan bases. If either conference were to get someone in the national title game, flights are almost guaranteed. Easy airport access would effect us quite a lot unless Kansas City is the choice for part of the RMAC. Even then, just to get the airport for HSU, CWU, and WOU is a bit of a drive as none are within an hour of a major city. APU who could win the GNAC this year though, they have LAX to use.
                                APU also has Ontario International Airport (ONT) as a viable option if they don't want to deal with the constant gridlock which plagues LAX on a near 24/7 basis.

If any of those teams make it, the teams would also likely be flying and not busing with the NCAA footing the bill as over 300 miles regardless of the site chosen.
                                The threshold for air vs. ground transport is actually 600 miles, but the GNAC teams would still be flying anyway. As I recall, TAMU-Commerce was just outside of the 600 mile radius and bused it to KC.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X