Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I saw rumors on egriz about the Pioneer league. On the thread about this people are wanting Montana and Montana State to go rogue and still play, but seeing the numbers Brandon gave for what covid tests may cost schools I doubt they would do so.

Comment

• As usual the RAMC just postponed the fall sports season until spring 2021 except cross country and golf. They will have spring football practice in the fall. Have not heard about the intersquad game at the end of practice. And the NCAA probably wont have playoffs in the late spring or early summer. Too bad for the LSC. They love to play in the snow.

Comment

I saw rumors on egriz about the Pioneer league. On the thread about this people are wanting Montana and Montana State to go rogue and still play, but seeing the numbers Brandon gave for what covid tests may cost schools I doubt they would do so.
        That testing (now REQUIRED) is IMO, a killer for budgets. There has been some talk about aggregating samples in groups (forgot the term) and that would lower costs, but going from a guideline to a rqrmnt might do in more than a handful of programs. And not just football either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
          As usual the RAMC just postponed the fall sports season until spring 2021 except cross country and golf. They will have spring football practice in the fall. Have not heard about the intersquad game at the end of practice. And the NCAA probably wont have playoffs in the late spring or early summer. Too bad for the LSC. They love to play in the snow.
          Sounds a lot like the WIAA is doing for sports this fall in Washington. Golf to me makes more sense, but with staggered starts in Cross Country I can see it working too.

Comment

o
            The Montana schools in the Frontier Conference are still planning on playing this Fall. I don't see how.

One interesting thing is the MHSA here going ahead with football. We have a small number of officials to cover a large pool area already, and have had several older officials opt out. Our average age is well over 60 now. I am planning on officiating, albeit with an N95 mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              o
              The Montana schools in the Frontier Conference are still planning on playing this Fall. I don't see how.

One interesting thing is the MHSA here going ahead with football. We have a small number of officials to cover a large pool area already, and have had several older officials opt out. Our average age is well over 60 now. I am planning on officiating, albeit with an N95 mask.
              I had a long talk with a coaching friend today. He can't understand why MN doesn't move spring sports (baseball, softball, track) to fall this year instead of trying to move everything except soccer to spring. They didn't have any season last spring and now all the sports are getting dumped there.

The Iowa HS baseball season this summer went very well. So has the MN amateur baseball season. This whole thing is a jumbled mess.

Comment

o

"You must be suffering from oxygen deprivation to miss a call like that!"

Comment

• no

Comment

o

NAIAFBALL
                    @NAIAFBALL2m
                    The 5 Montana schools of the Frontier will play a round-robin schedule in fall. College of Idaho and the Oregon schools are still planning to play in spring. Unsure at this point what their schedule will look like.

Comment

o
                      Some NAIA schools might have to play simply for institutional survival.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

"You must be suffering from oxygen deprivation to miss a call like that!"
                        I could see that. I am waiting to see the "15 yards, improper social distancing".

Seriously, as an official what do you do when a coach goes off on you and is in your face?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Some NAIA schools might have to play simply for institutional survival.
                          Privates?

I know Carroll had a good revenue stream

Comment

I could see that. I am waiting to see the "15 yards, improper social distancing".

Seriously, as an official what do you do when a coach goes off on you and is in your face?
                            Good way to tell him to back off.

Comment

Let us know if you call that!

Comment

• Right now according to ESPN FCS is looking into a spring championship for football. I'd love if DII and DIII do the same and wonder if the FBS will soon follow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X