Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Or your 20K plus student school should just move up. You aren’t a small school..and you schools is a trust fund baby born on third base that gets its entire funding handed to them.

Last I checked Mines wasn’t from Region 1….and most of Region 2 isn’t that good either other than 3 teams from the GSC.

What you want is a 10 member dick wagging competition.
    Why aren't you telling Wayne State to move up? Why aren't you telling Notre Dame to move down?

And, again, GVSU is the lowest-funded public school in the state of Michigan on a per-student basis.

Fact of the matter is that GVSU has just had better leadership in athletics than any other school in the country for 20 years. Other schools don't care as much, or plain don't have the ability. GVSU is barely over 50 years old, and doesn't have any kind of wealthy alumni base as a result.

You'd just rather GV leave D2 so you have chance at competing, rather than trying to get better yourselves. Such a defeatist attitude.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Everyone in D2 is allowed to use the same amount of scholarships. why should GVSU or FSU move up? They're using 36 scholarships. It’s not GVSU’s or FSU’s fault some schools choose not to use all 36. They’re doing great with what they have. Personally, I’d rather compete for National Titles; be a big fish in a small pond.

I wasnt going to say anything until someone decided to say only 3 GSC teams are good. I’ll tell you right now, top to bottom, the GSC is arguably the most competitive conference.
      VSU had a terrible year, but they took UWF into OT. That was after DSU hung 70+ on VSU. Mississippi College beat UWG. UWA is always a tough out. This is normal every season in the GSC. That’s why the weak GAC schools left. You have to bring it every Saturday in the GSC.
      Is the GSC the best conference in D2? Probably not, but the GSC is arguably the most competitive conference top to bottom. In recent years, the SAC has been coming along, too.

SR1 sucks, they always have sucked. Even back when I was playing in ‘06 and ‘07.

GSC bottom feeders and mid-tier teams will compete with, and probably beat, most of SR1.

All that said, I think more teams will be making the jump to FCS in the near future.
      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

• I love GV fans acting like they're something special due to their owner Ferris State winning it all. Who would've thought the choir boys of GV would be clinging onto Ferris' success to seem important. What are we at, almost 17 years without a natty now? Guess those 36 scholarships need to be better spent.

Comment

• I do have to say I agree with SR1 being so bad. I can't imagine how embarrassing it would be to lose to them in a semifinal matchup. Good thing Grand Valley and those 36 schollies would never let that happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            Where are you finding that the states fund all of their scholarships? I don’t think it’s true in Missouri. There are a lot of fcs schools and d2 schools, and they aren’t very fond of public education policies.
            Allow me to introduce you to nation. He argues with volume and ferocity, but has never posted a "fact" that he didn't just make up on the spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              Called the fans, community members and businesses that support our teams.
              Which is easy in a state with few schools as opposed to PA with a college in every other town…

Closest Pee Sack team to Indiana is Seton Hill in Greensburg at 35 miles, Clarion is 59, Slimey Pebble is 63 and Mon Valley U is 70. Let’s just say there is competition for the same dollars in the same region.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Why aren't you telling Wayne State to move up? Why aren't you telling Notre Dame to move down?

And, again, GVSU is the lowest-funded public school in the state of Michigan on a per-student basis.

Fact of the matter is that GVSU has just had better leadership in athletics than any other school in the country for 20 years. Other schools don't care as much, or plain don't have the ability. GVSU is barely over 50 years old, and doesn't have any kind of wealthy alumni base as a result.

You'd just rather GV leave D2 so you have chance at competing, rather than trying to get better yourselves. Such a defeatist attitude.
                You are the one whining about playoff spots taken away from the mighty and magical Midwest. I say too ****ing bad.

I don’t need to tell Detroit U to move up because they aren’t whining and they are willing to schedule the better Pee Sack teams that GV avoids so they can go play sone D3 cupcakes and win 70-3.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 12-18-2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                  Everyone in D2 is allowed to use the same amount of scholarships. why should GVSU or FSU move up? They're using 36 scholarships. It’s not GVSU’s or FSU’s fault some schools choose not to use all 36. They’re doing great with what they have. Personally, I’d rather compete for National Titles; be a big fish in a small pond.

I wasnt going to say anything until someone decided to say only 3 GSC teams are good. I’ll tell you right now, top to bottom, the GSC is arguably the most competitive conference.
                  VSU had a terrible year, but they took UWF into OT. That was after DSU hung 70+ on VSU. Mississippi College beat UWG. UWA is always a tough out. This is normal every season in the GSC. That’s why the weak GAC schools left. You have to bring it every Saturday in the GSC.
                  Is the GSC the best conference in D2? Probably not, but the GSC is arguably the most competitive conference top to bottom. In recent years, the SAC has been coming along, too.

SR1 sucks, they always have sucked. Even back when I was playing in ‘06 and ‘07.

GSC bottom feeders and mid-tier teams will compete with, and probably beat, most of SR1.

All that said, I think more teams will be making the jump to FCS in the near future.
                  Good. Bye. It will be quieter at this level when they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Allow me to introduce you to nation. He argues with volume and ferocity, but has never posted a "fact" that he didn't just make up on the spot.
                    I’m always right.

We miss you in the OT. I’m undefeated there too.

Comment

You are the one whining about playoff spots taken away from the mighty and magical Midwest. I say too ****ing bad.

I don’t need to tell Detroit U to move up because they aren’t whining and they are willing to schedule the better Pee Sack teams that GV avoids so they can go play sone D3 cupcakes and win 70-3.
                      GV has faced ranked opponents in four of the last five years during their non-conference schedule, and the fifth year was Delta State lol. GV and Ferris are the only teams in the country who try and play any school, at any time. Kudos to the RMAC for actually challenging themselves by being willing to take the challenge. Unlike the PSAC, who just schedule the MEC, possibly the worst conference in the country lol. If you only knew the schools that GV and Ferris have sent offers out to who turned them down because they don't want to take the loss. Gotta give credit to the D3 and NAIA schools who are willing to sack up and show more balls than the PSAC's best who will only schedule the bottom of the barrel lol.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Which is easy in a state with few schools as opposed to PA with a college in every other town…

Closest Pee Sack team to Indiana is Seton Hill in Greensburg at 35 miles, Clarion is 59, Slimey Pebble is 63 and Mon Valley U is 70. Let’s just say there is competition for the same dollars in the same region.
                        That's a PA problem, not a D2 problem. Like Okra said, there's 36 allowed schollys, if we use that to the max, why should we move up? If you can't meet that, either move down to D3, move over to NAIA or work in D2 with what you got.

Go belly ache to your state officials. Consolidate some of your schools. 16 D2 programs in 1 state is ridiculous in itself. But stop whining like everyone else needs to adjust to your states ineptitude of how they handle university athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                          Everyone in D2 is allowed to use the same amount of scholarships. why should GVSU or FSU move up? They're using 36 scholarships. It’s not GVSU’s or FSU’s fault some schools choose not to use all 36. They’re doing great with what they have. Personally, I’d rather compete for National Titles; be a big fish in a small pond.

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the maximum amount of scholarships. That's what it's there to accomplish. Teams who want to use the full allotment of scholarships can do so, and they'll be the teams competing for national championships.

I just don't understand others' demands that every team must use the max amount of scholarships, or drop to D3. That's not the purpose of D2. The purpose of D2 is to be the umbrella division for teams who want to award scholarships, but don't want the expenses of D1. That means different things to different programs.

I have no problem with Super Region 3 dominating the national football scene, they 100% deserve it with their commitment to the sport. But the ultimate goal of D2 is not, and never has been, to force every team to meet the full threshold of scholarships. If any program really has a problem with that, FCS beckons.
                          Last edited by EastStroud13; 12-18-2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

GV has faced ranked opponents in four of the last five years during their non-conference schedule, and the fifth year was Delta State lol. GV and Ferris are the only teams in the country who try and play any school, at any time. Kudos to the RMAC for actually challenging themselves by being willing to take the challenge. Unlike the PSAC, who just schedule the MEC, possibly the worst conference in the country lol. If you only knew the schools that GV and Ferris have sent offers out to who turned them down because they don't want to take the loss. Gotta give credit to the D3 and NAIA schools who are willing to sack up and show more balls than the PSAC's best who will only schedule the bottom of the barrel lol.
                            We had a free week in September. GV didn’t call. They only call IUP When they need something and expect us to come running.

We have a 4 year series starting with Ashland. It’s a nice regional rivalry. Did GV offer a 4 year alternating home away series? Nope..it would have been a three games at GV and one at IUP deal. Pass.

How was that GV trip to Shepherd a few years ago? I think youse lost. They were in the MEC then. Opps.

Comment

• GV and Ferris are the only teams who will play any team any time? Lol now that's just an incredible statement. Pueblo
                              has been scheduling as tough of OOC games as they can find for about a decade. West Texas, Sam Houston, Commerce, Midwestern, Angelo, Grand Valley. Kle is so far up his own azz I'm not sure he could even find the Grand Valley campus at this point.

Just got back from antique shopping, was hoping to find the trophy from the last time GV won the natty but no luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

That's a PA problem, not a D2 problem. Like Okra said, there's 36 allowed schollys, if we use that to the max, why should we move up? If you can't meet that, either move down to D3, move over to NAIA or work in D2 with what you got.

Go belly ache to your state officials. Consolidate some of your schools. 16 D2 programs in 1 state is ridiculous in itself. But stop whining like everyone else needs to adjust to your states ineptitude of how they handle university athletics.
                                The only ones whining are you entitled toadies in Region 3 who think you should get all 28 playoffs spots.

Nobody in Region 1 is whining about anything. Everyone in our region knows the deal and there is nothing more to say other than unless we need to find Sugar Daddies to write big checks.

Nobody is asking you to adjust a ****ing thing. We are just saying if you hate the regional system then move up or shut up. We have our 7 slots and the regional winner gets to be the annual sacrifice. We aren’t having them taken away and you still only get 7 slots. It is what is until somebody finds a way to break through. Why don’t you Region 3 Fan boys petition the NCAA to swap the NSIC and the MIAA between 3 and 4.
                                Last edited by IUPNation; 12-18-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X