Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Hard to be regional when you’re only taking 8 teams in 1973. Before that it was done by poll.
    In 1993....these were the teams in each bracket in Round 1

North Alabamastan vs Carson Newman
    Hampton vs Albany St

Kingsville vs Portland State
    UC Davis vs Fort Hays State

Mankato State vs Misery Southern
    North Dakota vs Pittsburg(h) State

New Haven vs Edinboro
    IUP vs Ferris State

Looked rather regional to me.......

In 1985...when it was less teams...these were the teams in the brackets in Round 1

North Dakota State vs UC Davis
    South Dakota State vs Central Ohio

Bloomsburg vs Hampton
    North Alabamastan vs Fort Valley State

Looked regional to me....

Comment

• Yea, La tech and Boise ST
      California schools with Kansas schools. Makes sense, regionally.

Comment

Yea, La tech and Boise ST
        California schools with Kansas schools. Makes sense, regionally.
        Do we not currently have a Super Region that spans from Washington to Texas? The west has never exactly been densely populated. Regionalization will always look funky if you cite the west as the example.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Do we not currently have a Super Region that spans from Washington to Texas? The west has never exactly been densely populated. Regionalization will always look funky if you cite the west as the example.
          The three states with most schools playing foosball in D2…Pennsylvania, West Virginia and North Carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Good for you. We didn’t ask you to call either.

Then after Mines you played the worst team in the Northeast 10 and then a D3 school. I guess GV had time to waste in Weeks 2 and 3.

Maybe if you had more than a 6 team league you wouldn’t have to find anyone with a pulse to play…are there Juco’s on future schedules?

:-)
            What are you talking about? Are we talking about 2021? GV was supposed to play Edinboro. Edinboro cancelled. Then GV played nationally-ranked Pueblo. Then they faced a D3 school because they were supposed to play Ashland and Ashland took their ball and ran away to SR1 to compete. In 2022, GV faces top 5 Mines, and then nationally-ranked and playoff team Pueblo, and then an NAIA, and then they only faced American International because it was supposed to be a return game against Assumption that got cancelled in 2020 and the whole contract was voided, and AIC was the only school willing to actually test themselves to take that game.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

What are you talking about? Are we talking about 2021? GV was supposed to play Edinboro. Edinboro cancelled. Then GV played nationally-ranked Pueblo. Then they faced a D3 school because they were supposed to play Ashland and Ashland took their ball and ran away to SR1 to compete. In 2022, GV faces top 5 Mines, and then nationally-ranked and playoff team Pueblo, and then an NAIA, and then they only faced American International because it was supposed to be a return game against Assumption that got cancelled in 2020 and the whole contract was voided, and AIC was the only school willing to actually test themselves to take that game.
              Test themselves? That program hasn’t had a pulse in years. Did you guys pay them and play on their field? I guess Springfield MA had an airport for the GV Private Jets to land. :-)

Comment

Test themselves? That program hasn’t had a pulse in years. Did you guys pay them and play on their field? I guess Springfield MA had an airport for the GV Private Jets to land. :-)
                So what does it say about IUP that AIC will take a real opponent and IUP won't?

Comment

So what does it say about IUP that AIC will take a real opponent and IUP won't?
                  You guys gave AIC two days notice to play?

This is getting sad and tired Kle. I know you want to lash out but this isn’t a winning formula.

It’s says IUP is smart for not taking a game with two days notice against a desperate school needing a game and not getting players hurt. I’m assuming your game with AIC was given months notice and they had the time to prepare to be properly lubed up when your team stepped off the jets.

I just took another victory lap and GO IUP!

Comment

• Is every school in the GLIAC fully funding 36 scholarships? Same question for the MIAA and GSC? Genuinely curious if region 1 is the only one where it is so rare to find a fully funded football school at 36.

The only schools that I think are near fully funded in Region 1 are Ashland, West Liberty, Gannon, Mercyhurst. That's just what I've heard, no data to back that up so I could be wrong.

Comment

You guys gave AIC two days notice to play?

This is getting sad and tired Kle. I know you want to lash out but this isn’t a winning formula.

It’s says IUP is smart for not taking a game with two days notice against a desperate school needing a game and not getting players hurt. I’m assuming your game with AIC was given months notice and they had the time to prepare to be properly lubed up when your team stepped off the jets.

I just took another victory lap and GO IUP!

AIC stepped in when a conference foe wasn't able to compete. IUP couldn't do the same. Why are you so scared to face GV on two days' notice? Why are you scared to face anyone on two days' notice? Such a defeatist attitude. That's the kind of stance that comes from someone who knows they would get steamrolled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                        Is every school in the GLIAC fully funding 36 scholarships? Same question for the MIAA and GSC? Genuinely curious if region 1 is the only one where it is so rare to find a fully funded football school at 36.

The only schools that I think are near fully funded in Region 1 are Ashland, West Liberty, Gannon, Mercyhurst. That's just what I've heard, no data to back that up so I could be wrong.
                        I think nearly all schools in the miaa are pretty close fully funding football. I don’t suspect Lincoln is, maybe not NSU… MOSO isn’t after they have had some scholarships taken away… lol

Comment

AIC stepped in when a conference foe wasn't able to compete. IUP couldn't do the same. Why are you so scared to face GV on two days' notice? Why are you scared to face anyone on two days' notice? Such a defeatist attitude. That's the kind of stance that comes from someone who knows they would get steamrolled.
                          GV needed IUP.

IUP didn’t need GV.

Thats your real anger.

Comment

I think nearly all schools in the miaa are pretty close fully funding football. I don’t suspect Lincoln is, maybe not NSU… MOSO isn’t after they have had some scholarships taken away… lol
                            I don't know about now, but 5 or 10 years back, Pitt wasn't fully funded at 36, full price, out of state schollies, and hadn'tbeen forquitea while.

Comment

Fully funded only matters is if the money brings you good players. IUP is in the low 20’s. We joke that West Chester is Walk On U because that have 10-12 schollies but fielded a good team in the conference every year. Turns out they get give housing and meal discounts that don’t go against schollie numbers. So really fully funded can. E looked at in different ways. The Privates in our. Inference just print the coupons for the athletes and they get beaten by the public’s that aren’t fully funded.

Mak Sexton left Pitt St and could have gone closer to home but came to IUP. He did well for the most part..had a few bad picks but he had great WR’s to toss too….

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I don't know about now, but 5 or 10 years back, Pitt wasn't fully funded at 36, full price, out of state schollies, and hadn'tbeen forquitea while.
                                I think between the 118 scholarship athletes between 1-100% aid they are funding all 36 scholarships for whatever they qualify as. Between the gorilla advantage reduced tuition costs and getting the most out of instate kids, they will never be out of state fully funded, and probably won’t ever need to be.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X