Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ah, yes. So horrible being the 2nd best team in the entire country every year. What an embarrassment lol.

Don't worry, GV already did it to Harlon Hill winner Luis Perez in the playoffs, did it to Harlon Hill winner Jimmy Terwilliger in the playoffs, did it to nation-leading scoring offense Clay Garcia and Mines in the playoffs, did it to the unstoppable Cameron McDondle twice. It's old news to GV. Ferris is just proving that it's a conference-wide ability to make every "good" player from the other regions look like poop.
    2nd best team in the country every year? Last time you had the chance to be that you lost to the SR1 champ's backup QB. The same SR1 you're saying sucks. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

2nd best team in the country every year? Last time you had the chance to be that you lost to the SR1 champ's backup QB. The same SR1 you're saying sucks. Ouch.
      Oh nooooooooo. Good try lol. Sorry you are unable to understand that the 2nd-best team in the country can't always be in the semifinals if they are in the same region with the best team in the country.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Murphy had 3 tackles....1.5 TFL....no sacks. So..

The Ferris TEAM was the deal Saturday. Murphy didn't show-out in the game..neither did Matocha..but Matocha had the best season of any player in D2.
        When your team plays 2 teams they score over 80 points. Nothing more than padding stats and weak conference. I agree they should have a best offensive player of the year. He didn’t play like it against good competition.

Comment

Mines fans, just be glad that GV made the playoffs. If they didn't, they would be on here claiming they were the best team in the country, but the committee effed em.

That was just for fun. They really were top 4 in the country this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

When your team plays 2 teams they score over 80 points. Nothing more than padding stats and weak conference. I agree they should have a best offensive player of the year. He didn’t play like it against good competition.
            Didn’t play like it against good competition? Did he play poorly in all the playoff games? I thought I remember reading he had like 6 TD’s against Angelo, who was at the time giving up 11 ppg. Awards aren’t based off of one game. Ferris was dominant, not even close. But that doesn’t mean he’s not worthy of the award. There’s a chance a good QB doesn’t even play in the second half of games that end up a blow out like 80 points. What are coaches supposed to do, kneel it in the first half to avoid your faulty narrative?

Comment

For your position to be correct, everyone has to conclude that Ferris State is the only good team that CSM has played all year.

Without a doubt, Caleb Murphy will be the Elite 100 Defensive Player of the Year.

In the last three games that FSU played, Murphy totaled 16 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, and 1 sack. I'm cherrypicking, because in the game against Pitt he had 10 tackles and 6 sacks, but that's what's being done to Matocha.

This is what Matocha did against playoff teams:
              -
              GV PASS YDS TD RUSH TD
              GV 26-36 350 2
              ASU 13-26 167 1
              CSUP 33-42 318 2
              CSUP 23-36 316 4 22 1
              MSU 21-37 307 4 106 1
              ASU 16-28 161 4 102 2
              SU 28-34 371 5
              FSU 22-38 208 2
              -
              If either player is judged simply by their play in the championship game, Matocha would be 43rd in passing yards per game and Murphy wouldn't be ranked in sacks and would be 18th in tackles for loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

For your position to be correct, everyone has to conclude that Ferris State is the only good team that CSM has played all year.

Without a doubt, Caleb Murphy will be the Elite 100 Defensive Player of the Year.

In the last three games that FSU played, Murphy totaled 16 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, and 1 sack. I'm cherrypicking, because in the game against Pitt he had 10 tackles and 6 sacks, but that's what's being done to Matocha.

This is what Matocha did against playoff teams:
                -
                GV PASS YDS TD RUSH TD
                GV 26-36 350 2
                ASU 13-26 167 1
                CSUP 33-42 318 2
                CSUP 23-36 316 4 22 1
                MSU 21-37 307 4 106 1
                ASU 16-28 161 4 102 2
                SU 28-34 371 5
                FSU 22-38 208 2
                -
                If either player is judged simply by their play in the championship game, Matocha would be 43rd in passing yards per game and Murphy wouldn't be ranked in sacks and would be 18th in tackles for loss.
                I kind of wish the GV game was close throughout. In the first half of that game, I think Matocha was under 100 passing yards. But for some reason GV always goes in to their prevent defense as soon as they get a lead, no matter what the lead is. They play football defense like a soccer team clinging to a 1-goal lead lol. I think at least 260 of those passing yards came in the second half against GV after they just let Mines have *every*single*pass* underneath. Was very frustrating to watch them never come out of that shell the last three quarters. Not sure why that has always been their thing, but it is very annoying. Have never seen another team in the country have a clear delineation between dominating in one half and entirely giving up in the second half. That was one of the things that people still miss from the early 00's GV. When Kelly and Martin would keep playing the same schemes whether they were up 7 or up 42.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Similar to what Bearcat fans said about Woodhead.

If I remember correctly, Chadron got down early in one of the games and Woodhead only had a handful of rushes.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Similar to what Bearcat fans said about Woodhead.

If I remember correctly, Chadron got down early in one of the games and Woodhead only had a handful of rushes.
                    Exactly

Chadron was up early against Northwest in 2006 and Woodhead had 16 yards in 16 carries

he had around 95 a year later against them.

Comment

Exactly

Chadron was up early against Northwest in 2006 and Woodhead had 16 yards in 16 carries

he had around 95 a year later against them.
                      He was definitely talented he scored a touchdown in the Superbowl

Woodhead did the following in the NFL (best players on the planet) in 101 games.
                      Rush - 517
                      Yds - 2238
                      Y/A - 4.3
                      TD - 15
                      Rec - 300
                      Yds - 2698
                      Y/R - 9.0
                      TD - 17

Comment

It was kinda hard for Murphy to get any sacks when his teammates were sacking Matocha so fast. He never had a chance to get there

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
                          It was kinda hard for Murphy to get any sacks when his teammates were sacking Matocha so fast. He never had a chance to get there
                          So he's not even the best on his own defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

More like the middle of the mines OL was the soft spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

You read that quote the same way that I did....or he's not the fastest to the QB typically on his own team..I mean....LOL.

Comment

Sometimes ya post things without giving any thought about the other games or teams that a squad has played. This is one of those times.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X