Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah. I think depth is a difference for them, too.
    Depth and the fact the player pool in the Northeast is very picked over than where you guys are located. Your conferences get players who would go to FCS schools around here. We need more money and take the players MIAA teams get. Hell we have your former starting QB who will probably be the top QB in the Pee Sack next season now that Bagent is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Depth and the fact the player pool in the Northeast is very picked over than where you guys are located. Your conferences get players who would go to FCS schools around here. We need more money and take the players MIAA teams get. Hell we have your former starting QB who will probably be the top QB in the Pee Sack next season now that Bagent is done.

I posted some numbers on one of these threads.. As far as scholarships available per capita, KS and PA are pretty much the same.

The top teams recruit nationally, at least to an extent. Everyone has some TX guys like Sexton, a Cali or FL player ir 2 if they're lucky, some portal guys from out of state, and some local depth. D2s are often recruiting against FCS schools for players. Sometimes they go d2, other times they go FCS, or walk on at an FBS.

I'm glad Sexton found a place he could get on the field right away. He's a pretty good qb with a great arm. Hopefully, running the same Offense 2 years in a row will let him reach his potential.

He got benched his last year at Pitt, and the poor guy had to learn 4 offenses in the 3 years he was at Pitt. He was brought in by the former staff, and just wasn't quite what the current staff was looking for.

Comment

• I thought he was done, lol it’s ten semesters to complete 4 seasons. 2020 was weird.
        2018 F, 2019 W (RS)
        2019 F, 2020 W
        2020 F X, 2021W X
        2021F, 2022 W
        2022 F, 2023 W
        2023 F, 2024 W

He better have two grad degrees after next year, or he’s just throwing money away Lol

Comment

• I speculate, he may not have been the guy for financial reasons. When he was recruited he claimed he was offered a full ride, according to the spreadsheet shared on MIAA page we had very few guys in the .75-.99 range. Maybe coach wanted to spread it out a little more to develop depth.

Comment

Yeah. I think depth is a difference for them, too.
            In 2015, I attended the Shepherd walk through in Kansas City. I knew the result of the game before the game started. Depth was not the issue.

Comment

Depth and the fact the player pool in the Northeast is very picked over than where you guys are located. .
              No

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                I thought he was done, lol it’s ten semesters to complete 4 seasons. 2020 was weird.
                2018 F, 2019 W (RS)
                2019 F, 2020 W
                2020 F X, 2021W X
                2021F, 2022 W
                2022 F, 2023 W
                2023 F, 2024 W

He better have two grad degrees after next year, or he’s just throwing money away Lol
                Covid

Comment

I posted some numbers on one of these threads.. As far as scholarships available per capita, KS and PA are pretty much the same.

The top teams recruit nationally, at least to an extent. Everyone has some TX guys like Sexton, a Cali or FL player ir 2 if they're lucky, some portal guys from out of state, and some local depth. D2s are often recruiting against FCS schools for players. Sometimes they go d2, other times they go FCS, or walk on at an FBS.

I'm glad Sexton found a place he could get on the field right away. He's a pretty good qb with a great arm. Hopefully, running the same Offense 2 years in a row will let him reach his potential.

He got benched his last year at Pitt, and the poor guy had to learn 4 offenses in the 3 years he was at Pitt. He was brought in by the former staff, and just wasn't quite what the current staff was looking for.
                  You need to take into account states in the Northeast skew older. The high school population isn’t plentiful. Pennsylvania has over 50 college foosball teams over all four levels. The most of any state. We do need to recruit in other parts of the country. It is what it is…l

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

No
                    So Northwest doesn’t get players who could start in FCS?

Comment

So Northwest doesn’t get players who could start in FCS?
                      All the time. There are always players in Division II that could start at FBS schools.

No - was in response to the no competition comment.

Comment

• It’s not like you’re talking orders of magnitude older. You’re what~26% under 19?

Kansas is around ~30%

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

All the time. There are always players in Division II that could start at FBS schools.

No - was in response to the no competition comment.
                          Then why are you guys always so much better?

It's not like Midwestern foosball players are genetically superior or anything.

Why do we struggle and you guys don't and don't only say scholarships.

Tulane who spends 5 million a year on foosball just beat USC who spends 30.

So it has to be more than just money.

Comment

• Nation I sent you a message on Facebook.

Comment

Then why are you guys always so much better?

It's not like Midwestern foosball players are genetically superior or anything.

Why do we struggle and you guys don't and don't only say scholarships.

Tulane who spends 5 million a year on foosball just beat USC who spends 30.

So it has to be more than just money.
                              Former gorilla and MiAA coaches at Tulane, too. There are lots of reasons why any given team won any given day. But the reasons why it consistently happens is institutional.

Comment

• One thing worth noting is that IUP pays their profs much more than the miaa schools do. I'm not sure if that's the norm in the psac, though?

I realize.that it's a completely different pile if money than football budgets, but it's noteworthy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X