Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rational Observer
    replied
    My preference is for automatic bids for conference champions with the remaining spots being determined via a SOS formula. Due to auto bids for conference champs, there would be no earned access. If a conference champ decides not to participate in the playoffs or is prohibited due to probation or some other reason, that spot would then go to an at-large team via the SOS formula.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    I'm liking the hybrid region/at-large concept. It's been proposed in a couple of different ways, but I think the general concept is probably the most realistic one for improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Gliac_fan10
    replied
    This is not by any means the “perfect” bracket but I have been trying to figure out simple solutions that the NCAA might actually implement. So I stuck to regions (for the most part), 28 teams, and factored in the NCAA trying to still save money. I first flipped the GLIAC and LSC (like many here have suggested). Then I still seeded the regions 1-4. So the top for in each region are in the tournament and are seeded (like they are currently seeded). Then to fill out the field I abandoned the region selection process and selected 12 “at large” teams (there is probably an argument on who the 12 could be). After the 12 unseeded or at large teams where selected I placed them into each region based on geography. Matchups would then still be determined by saving flights.

This still is by no means the right solution but I think that the NCAA would actually consider something like this and it would be an improvement.

Unseeded/At large Teams (Alphabetical)
    Bemidji
    Davenport
    Emporia
    Harding
    Kearney
    Limestone
    Mankato
    Newberry
    SRU
    SVSU
    West Georgia
    Wingate

SR1
    1. IUP
    2. Shep
    3. Assumption
    4. Ashland
    SVSU
    SRU
    Wingate

SR2
    1. Benedict
    2. Delta
    3. WF
    4. VUU
    Newberry
    Limestone
    West Georgia

SR3
    1. Angelo
    2. Pitt St
    3. Ouachita
    4. Northwest
    Harding
    Emporia
    Kearney

SR4
    1. GV
    2. FS
    3. Indy
    4. Mines
    Davenport
    Bemidji
    Mankato
    Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 01-16-2023, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Terrible assumption.
    Also, you keep getting censored by Brandon. So now our responses to you seem like they don’t make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Look at the post count on this thread. General Discussion barely gets posts but I throw grenades and the numbers go up.
    Has nothing at all to do with the topic being extremely relevant.

Leave a comment:

• chargerblue
    replied

Is it?

Is it really?
    Yes. Yes it is. Simply awful.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Terrible assumption.
    Is it?

Is it really?

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

Look at the post count on this thread. General Discussion barely gets posts but I throw grenades and the numbers go up.,
    Terrible assumption.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I don't think getting "nation" responses impacts the rest of the board like it impacts your own reputation. It would make sense if "nation" did orchestrated and thorough takedowns. But "nation" just makes up insults nobody else can understand and it makes "nation" look bad.
    Look at the post count on this thread. General Discussion barely gets posts but I throw grenades and the numbers go up.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

When you guys insult anything I support you know the Nation treatment is coming.

You brought it on with your big mouth and everyone now must suffer. Yes Region 1 is not competitive. We all know that but you had to be nasty about it. So you got Nation.

Choose your words with care next time.
    I don't think getting "nation" responses impacts the rest of the board like it impacts your own reputation. It would make sense if "nation" did orchestrated and thorough takedowns. But "nation" just makes up insults nobody else can understand and it makes "nation" look bad.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Also. If you are gonna do the pigeon scotch spelling, you need to pronounce it pets burr, not pitts burg
    Yinzers pronounce it Picks-burg

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

So you're a colonizer supporter? Jeez o peets nation you've really taken a turn in the football section. lol
    When you guys insult anything I support you know the Nation treatment is coming.

You brought it on with your big mouth and everyone now must suffer. Yes Region 1 is not competitive. We all know that but you had to be nasty about it. So you got Nation.

Choose your words with care next time.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 01-13-2023, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

The Northeast is actually Real America. It started here. So our way is the correct way.

We’ll petition to Harrisburg fund the schollies like entitled MIAA schools who get everything handed to them.

:-)

I can’t wait for the day an MIAA team actually plays in PA. If your conference is so great, it should have happened already
    Still don't think this is true.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Also. If you are gonna do the pigeon scotch spelling, you need to pronounce it pets burr, not pitts burg

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

The Northeast is actually Real America. It started here. So our way is the correct way.

We’ll petition to Harrisburg fund the schollies like entitled MIAA schools who get everything handed to them.

:-)

I can’t wait for the day an MIAA team actually plays in PA. If your conference is so great, it should have happened already
    I can't wait for the day the miaa gets to play anyone but each other in the regular season.

If you are waiting for government handouts, it's no wonder you can't afford the schollies. You gotta get that wrist action going to woo the corporate donors. You can't be asking the government. They're trying to get that same corporate money and keep it for themselves. That's like asking the steer to chew himself up so he's easier for you to eat.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X