X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Northeast is actually Real America. It started here. So our way is the correct way.

We’ll petition to Harrisburg fund the schollies like entitled MIAA schools who get everything handed to them.

:-)

I can’t wait for the day an MIAA team actually plays in PA. If your conference is so great, it should have happened already
    So you're a colonizer supporter? Jeez o peets nation you've really taken a turn in the football section. lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The rest of the Country americanized it. It's not our fault PA has been behind the times since the 1700's.

The sad thing is they went with the pigeon Scottish version of borough, but didn't bother to shorten it the rest of the way. Pretty typical blunder for old rich white guys trying to be hip. Bless their hearts. At least they tried.

You should use the gofundme to set up some small scholly endowments for football only. Name it the " Elevate our pee sack" endowment.
    The Northeast is actually Real America. It started here. So our way is the correct way.

We’ll petition to Harrisburg fund the schollies like entitled MIAA schools who get everything handed to them.

I can’t wait for the day an MIAA team actually plays in PA. If your conference is so great, it should have happened already

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    "Clean up our pee sack" could also work.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

And we’ll insult you right back as our forum is full of nicknames! The Pee Sack forum is setting up a Go Fund Me account so we can buy you the H. Since we are the #1 section on Here, we should do well.

Pittsburgh looks nicer.

The rest of the Country americanized it. It's not our fault PA has been behind the times since the 1700's.

The sad thing is they went with the pigeon Scottish version of borough, but didn't bother to shorten it the rest of the way. Pretty typical blunder for old rich white guys trying to be hip. Bless their hearts. At least they tried.

You should use the gofundme to set up some small scholly endowments for football only. Name it the " Elevate our pee sack" endowment.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

All of D2 makes fun of your conference. I mean it's pronounced pee sack. It kind of makes fun of itself.
    And we’ll insult you right back as our forum is full of nicknames! The Pee Sack forum is setting up a Go Fund Me account so we can buy you the H. Since we are the #1 section on Here, we should do well.

Pittsburgh looks nicer.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by canadarican View Post

We can't make fun of them, we're the "sack" lol
    Yea but that could mean anything. Money sack. Toy sack. Quarterback sack. But the PSAC is actively taking pee sack.

Leave a comment:

• canadarican
    replied

All of D2 makes fun of your conference. I mean it's pronounced pee sack. It kind of makes fun of itself.
    We can't make fun of them, we're the "sack" lol

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

We can make fun of our conference. Midwestern foosball fans cannot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Also KleShreen their conference is already called the Pee Sack. Pee suck is just overkill.
    We can make fun of our conference. Midwestern foosball fans cannot.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Also KleShreen their conference is already called the Pee Sack. Pee suck is just overkill.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Heck, even 2 ooc games a year would be great. That's the way it was forever and it was fine.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Your conference needs one more team and then split into divisions and schedule like the PSAC does except do your crossovers with a real formula and not pick them out of hat like The Home Office In Lock Haven seems to do when they decide future conference schedules. That would allow you at least a few OOC games.
    I agree. The Pitt pres. and several others have fought to end it since before it started. They tried to kill the silo last summer via vote, but the swing vote was hospitalized, so it didn't pass. I think it will pass this year.

The MIAA commish has also stated that his goal is to expand up to as many as 20 teams, so hopefully it will happen that way if the vote fails again.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

As far as criteria.

I like the idea of each conf champ being in, but not determining seeding that way. This allows a good team who played a crap schedule and or a crap conference a shot, but not a free ride.

I think 11 games is important, and should have more weight than it does when comparing teams head to head. (Exceptions should be made for uncontrollable events like rain outs, covid type cancellations, sudden conf. Shrinkage, etc)

If you are in a silo, you automatically get all road games because silos suck.
    Your conference needs one more team and then split into divisions and schedule like the PSAC does except do your crossovers with a real formula and not pick them out of hat like The Home Office In Lock Haven seems to do when they decide future conference schedules. That would allow you at least a few OOC games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I like most of it. Changes I'd make to yours are:

#2- All conferences aren't created equal. If you are the conference deemed champion, you get an automatic bid. Where you are seeded will be left to the national committee. Similar to March madness. Robert Morris doesn't need to be a 5 seed in any tournament.
    That's basically what I proposed. Every conference champion would get an automatic bid and be the top 15 seeds based on the committee's ranking and the criteria set. That gives the entitled the top 4 spots most years as long as they are the conference champion.

#3- regarding the amount of games, it can be a data point but that one in particular should be down the list in terms of priority. Teams trying to fill a schedule are under enough pressure to get to 9 or 10. Abide by the minimum needed and check the resume at the end when comparing teams.
    It has to be fair so every team with playoff aspirations need to figure it out.

#5- Same with #2, not all conferences are created equal. From this year, Ferris State going to Fayetteville St or Assumption because they are conference champs is stupid. Doubly stupid when they have a better record then those conference champions.
    Ferris did not win the GLIAC. Grand Valley did. I don't care how good you are, you didn't win your conference, you don't get in the top 15. However they could be 16 and that gets them a home game in Round 1.

#6- Kind of irrelevant. I ran through most of the conferences and frankly if you are at 3 or 4 losses you aren't a playoff team. There were only about 37 schools or so that finished the year with 3 losses. You can review that pretty quickly as a national committee.

True. There are some second place teams in conferences with three losses so they get automatically out. There are 15 second place teams. The Pee Sacks runner up in the The State Game would automatically qualify as a very low seed. That rewards conferences who play an actual title game. So, the top conferences will take up the at large bids. There could be several weak conferences whose #2 just doesn't cut it so it could lead to the Great and All Universe MIAA getting it's third team. I don't think any third place team deserves a playoff spot but they whine that they should.
    #7- Agree that a conference champion should be given an * when deciding on the final couple at large spots. This year, Shepherd being 10-1 losing in the PSAC championship is not the same as Chowan losing to Fayetteville in the CIAA. Chowan had no business being a playoff consideration. Another data point, but not a rule.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

This is all based on the NCAA funding this, paying for travel and lodging and meals.

However, they are never going to spend the money.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

We don't have the money to move up. We don't have big pocket donors because the school is barely 50 years old, and we're the least funded public school in the state on a per-student basis. We also suck at men's basketball and baseball and volleyball. Plus we suck at football according to everyone else in D2. We're only good at olympic sports and those will all suck in D1.
    When it comes to poo talking on here...you are NAIA if it was a level,

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X