Wingate beat Benedict by 17
    West Flori-duh beat Delta St by 11

Region 4 - Average Margin 14 points

Angelo St beat Bemidji by 25
    Mines Beat Minnehaha State by 3

Comment

• Round 3

Region 1
      Shepherd beat IUP by 35 (rematch game where IUP won the first round..and Shepherd made IUP pay for every mistake they made)

Region 3
      Ferris Bueller beat Grand Valley by 3 (another rematch game where it was a flip in result)

Region 2
      West Flori-duh beat Wingate by 31

Region 4
      Mines beat Angelo State by 18 (another rematch and another flip in result)

The only one that was competitive in the end was Region 3 in another Gulag matchup.

So...all of the talk on here in giving the whole MIAA, half of the GLIAC and half of the GSC the playoff bids is utter nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Lets look at the competitveness of games in each region from Round 1 of the Playoffs in each region...

Region 1 - Average margin of victory was 4.3 points

Ashland beat Fake Notre Dame by 7 points
        Shepherd beat New Haven by 3 points
        Slimey Pebble beat Assumption by 3 points

Region 3 (the supposed Region where everyone can destroy Region 1) - Average margin of victory was 33 points.

Northwest Misery beat Ouachita Baptist by 30 points'
        Ferris Bueller beat Davenport by 34 points
        Pittsburg Without The H State shut out Indy by 35 points

So...doesn't look like the bottom 3 of Region 3 was anywhere near competitive with the four headed monster.

Region 2 wasn't any better in Week 1 - Average margin of victory was 34 points
        Wingate beat Virginia Union by 25
        Delta State shut out Fayetteville State by 51
        West Flori-duh (who was horribly ranked regionally) beat Limestone by 26

Region 4 was pretty much the same story but not as bad - Average margin of victory was 20 points
        Bemidji State beat Winona Judd State by 24
        Mines beat Pueblo by 19
        Minnehaha State beat Wayne State by 17

So...I'm not going to buy that all these mid pack teams in other conferences would roll everyone.

The reality of D2 is that there are a handful of team that are legit to win the title and the rest are only going to possibly win their conference and get a playoff bid in 2,3, and 4 and Region 1 is really the only balanced region where a higher percentage of teams actually have a shot to make it to the regional finals.
        When two 2-20 basketball teams play against each other, they still produce competitive games against each other. Says a lot that your eventual regional champion, Shepherd, was only able to beat the worst team in the regional playoffs, New Haven, by 3, and then got steamrolled by an above average Colorado Mines in the semifinals.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

So you're proving that the entirety of SR1 is garbage? When a bunch of garbage plays a bunch of garbage, then it's going to be close. Two 2-20 basketball teams still produce competitive games against each other. Says a lot that your eventual regional champion, Shepherd, was only able to beat the worst team in the regional playoffs, New Haven, by 3, and then got steamrolled by an above average Colorado Mines in the semifinals.
          I'm proving that a handful of school with fans totally full of themselves are the outlier in D2 and not the norm.

:-)

Shepherd was only down 10-3 late in the second...Bagent got sacked, fumbled...Mines got the quick TD to make it 17-3 at the half. Got the opening kickoff in the second half...scored and the game got out of hand then.

The only thing that I see is garbage are the arrogant posts on here by fans of the outlier teams

Oh yeah...Not As Grand Anymore Valley is still only 1-6 vs IUP. They asked a really bad Edinboro team to play instead of us, then only asked us when they were desperate because they got stood up. I guess you should have asked us first and not as some stand in. So suck on that.
          Last edited by IUPNation; 01-05-2023, 08:28 AM.

Comment

When two 2-20 basketball teams play against each other, they still produce competitive games against each other. Says a lot that your eventual regional champion, Shepherd, was only able to beat the worst team in the regional playoffs, New Haven, by 3, and then got steamrolled by an above average Colorado Mines in the semifinals.
            Half of Region 3 was garbage too...the first round proved it.

Davenport isn't as good as you GLIAC fanboys make them out to be...just another warm body in the GLIAC...a two team conference. MIAA...two team conference. GSC - 3 team conference.

Comment

I'm proving that a handful of school with fans totally full of themselves are the outlier in D2 and not the norm.
              Again, this is reflected in almost anything you would like to measure - D1, D3, Football, Basketball, Income, Beauty, Intelligence, etc.

I don't know many people that think a fourth MIAA or GLIAC team should get in over any team from any other conference. At least this year, the second MIAA team was in real jeopardy of not making the playoffs and had to play the other toughest teams in the round of 16.

Comment

:-)

Shepherd was only down 10-3 late in the second...Bagent got sacked, fumbled...Mines got the quick TD to make it 17-3 at the half. Got the opening kickoff in the second half...scored and the game got out of hand then.

The only thing that I see is garbage are the arrogant posts on here by fans of the outlier teams

Oh yeah...Not As Grand Anymore Valley is still only 1-6 vs IUP. They asked a really bad Edinboro team to play instead of us, then only asked us when they were desperate because they got stood up. I guess you should have asked us first and not as some stand in. So suck on that.
                GV has asked IUP for games every year for the last decade. But the only PSUCK teams willing to take them on are the bottom feeders who know they're not making the playoffs. Tell your IUP admins to sack up and stop running. At least the RMAC has some balls.

You sound like a Michigan fan going back to your record in the 80's and 90's lol.

Comment

Half of Region 3 was garbage too...the first round proved it.

Davenport isn't as good as you GLIAC fanboys make them out to be...just another warm body in the GLIAC...a two team conference. MIAA...two team conference. GSC - 3 team conference.
                  Ouachita Baptist would have demolished every team in SR1.

Comment

• Every team in "in the game" or "playing close" at the opening kick off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                      Every team in "in the game" or "playing close" at the opening kick off.
                      I have always hated those types of statements.

Comment

• Truman state is a good example of just how different the level of play can be from conference to conference.

I think they won 2 conference games their last year in the MIAA. I think they only lost 2 the following year in the GLVC. Went 1-1 and 0-2 in noncon those years(Going from memory here, so I may be a little off. ) So the difference can be as much as 7 wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Again, this is reflected in almost anything you would like to measure - D1, D3, Football, Basketball, Income, Beauty, Intelligence, etc.

I don't know many people that think a fourth MIAA or GLIAC team should get in over any team from any other conference. At least this year, the second MIAA team was in real jeopardy of not making the playoffs and had to play the other toughest teams in the round of 16.
                          I see your point, but Saginaw? I don't know if they deserved to get in over an SR1 team, but I could see them beating them in a game. No issues for me for Saginaw not getting in. Though I also scratch my head about how Davenport did this season. I wouldn't be surprised if a few MIAA folks might see a pathway for a 3/4 MIAA team to get in. More so when the 2nd barely made it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I see your point, but Saginaw? I don't know if they deserved to get in over an SR1 team, but I could see them beating them in a game. No issues for me for Saginaw not getting in. Though I also scratch my head about how Davenport did this season. I wouldn't be surprised if a few MIAA folks might see a pathway for a 3/4 MIAA team to get in. More so when the 2nd barely made it.
                            No one was surprised that Davenport got blasted by Ferris in the playoffs. From a criteria versus common sense perspective, Saginaw would have been a better playoff participant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Every level of the NCAA has a few haves and mostly have nots. It’s reality. I agree.

I think some (ok Kle) on here have said some regions should not get any playoff bids. D2 is a regional level. You want to be in national playoffs without regions you need to move up.

Comment

GV has asked IUP for games every year for the last decade. But the only PSUCK teams willing to take them on are the bottom feeders who know they're not making the playoffs. Tell your IUP admins to sack up and stop running. At least the RMAC has some balls.

You sound like a Michigan fan going back to your record in the 80's and 90's lol.
                                Proof? That has never come up on our board. So I’m think you are just full of ****.

I’ll put that out on the IUP thread.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X