Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Go ahead…IUP’s record is ****ing outstanding. Do the whole current GLIAC too.

I’ll give you the first one..IUP is 6-1 all time vs GV. It took 7 tries until youse finally got it right. Frank Cignetti was Brian Kelly’s daddy for a long time.

IUP beat Ashland in 2017. Ashland won the GLIAC that year. Then beat them again in 2018…was the third place team in the GLIAC. Hmmm..tell me again about middle teams of Flyover conferences dominating PEeSack playoff teams? We didn’t even make the playoffs in 2018 but still was able to beat a GLIAC team.
    Ashland left the GLIAC to flee to your region because they couldn't find any kind of playoff success in SR3/4, and knew their odds would be better in SR1 lol. Same with Hillsdale. And Findlay. And Northwood. And Lake Erie. And Notre Dame. lol

If you want to debate 80's and 90's records, prior to regionalization, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Your region today, and every school in it, sucks. You already admitted as much earlier when you tried to argue that being good in your region is all that matters. It's almost like, prior to regionalization, more teams were good. Wow what a concept.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 01-03-2023, 08:41 AM.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ashland left the GLIAC to flee to your region because they couldn't find any kind of playoff success in SR3/4, and knew their odds would be better in SR1 lol. Same with Hillsdale. And Findlay. And Northwood. And Lake Erie. And Notre Dame. lol

If you want to debate 80's and 90's records, prior to regionalization, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Your region today, and every school in it, sucks. You already admitted as much earlier when you tried to argue that being good in your region is all that matters. It's almost like, prior to regionalization, more teams were good. Wow what a concept.
      Well they won the GLIAC in 2017. So I guess the GLIAC sucked in 2017. IUP beat them so that means IUP was better then every suck ass team in the GLIAC in 2017.

:-)

Last edited by IUPNation; 01-03-2023, 12:04 PM.

Comment

We really need to stop giving the NCAA the "its a business" pass. Its not a business, it is a non-profit. Which means their funds should be spent providing services and opportunities for member institutions, and the profit earned should be nearly entirely vested to their services (rainy day funds and safety nets not withstanding). No one complains that the post office loses money providing delivery services to the places private companies won't deliver to. I think they should be efficiently spent, and that means different things to different people. It certainly doesn't mean minimizing cost no matter what. Which is what I think the NCAA is trying to do. When a simple change in priorities to the products available would likely improve/grow the product.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          We really need to stop giving the NCAA the "its a business" pass. Its not a business, it is a non-profit. Which means their funds should be spent providing services and opportunities for member institutions, and the profit earned should be nearly entirely vested to their services (rainy day funds and safety nets not withstanding). No one complains that the post office loses money providing delivery services to the places private companies won't deliver to. I think they should be efficiently spent, and that means different things to different people. It certainly doesn't mean minimizing cost no matter what. Which is what I think the NCAA is trying to do. When a simple change in priorities to the products available would likely improve/grow the product.
          I also wish I lived in a dream land where not for profit was taken literally, but it never has been for most nfps.

That said, I think the d2 playoffs are more about keeping D2 out of the pockets of the D1 schools who actually generate all the money.

I imagine they will eventually do away with lower divisions altogether, or start a sister company.

Comment

Honestly. If it was a business, they would likely welcome a loss from D2 to help at tax time.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I also wish I lived in a dream land where not for profit was taken literally, but it never has been for most nfps.

That said, I think the d2 playoffs are more about keeping D2 out of the pockets of the D1 schools who actually generate all the money.

I imagine they will eventually do away with lower divisions altogether, or start a sister company.
              D2 is the tax write off!

Comment

Double elimination 165 team bracket.

Obviously sarcasm

Comment

D2 operates on 4.37% of the NCAA revenue that includes March Madness, plus maybe one other source (but not any newer sources of revenue since the new constitution). D3 gets a bit smaller percentage.

So unless the March Madness revenue goes up, the income side of the budget is set for D2.

As D2 rewrites its bylaws, you may see some of the functions now handled in Indianapolis by the NCAA farmed out to the individual conferences to save some of that money for enhancing championships or maybe money back to the conferences to help defray those increased expenses.

The pot is limited - and there is no simple way of growing it.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
                    D2 operates on 4.37% of the NCAA revenue that includes March Madness, plus maybe one other source (but not any newer sources of revenue since the new constitution). D3 gets a bit smaller percentage.

So unless the March Madness revenue goes up, the income side of the budget is set for D2.

As D2 rewrites its bylaws, you may see some of the functions now handled in Indianapolis by the NCAA farmed out to the individual conferences to save some of that money for enhancing championships or maybe money back to the conferences to help defray those increased expenses.

Do D2 schools have to cover 4.37% of ncaa salaries and operating budgets out of that, or can it all be used toward championship costs?

Comment

• I don’t know, you could probably take the 300 mil spent on student assistance fund, D1 basketball performance fund, and D1 equal conference fund and distribute it differently.

It’s not like they’re actively trying to grow any of the programs that go on besides March madness.

They do nothing to advocate and promote softball, volleyball, and soccer. All largely popular spectator sports in the states.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                        I don’t know, you could probably take the 300 mil spent on student assistance fund, D1 basketball performance fund, and D1 equal conference fund and distribute it differently.

It’s not like they’re actively trying to grow any of the programs that go on besides March madness.

They do nothing to advocate and promote softball, volleyball, and soccer. All largely popular spectator sports in the states.
                        And every bit of that money is D1 money. They ain't giving it up. Changing the funding percentages for D2 and D3 was discussed at the voting for the new constitution, but D1 held firm on the distribution numbers as a deal breaker. They got enough votes to pass the new constitution because enough D2 (especially) and D3 member schools realized that D1 could take more than they were and make the deal even smaller for the other divisions.

Remember - the income source is D1 generated...

Comment

• Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Very insightful!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

And every bit of that money is D1 money. They ain't giving it up. Changing the funding percentages for D2 and D3 was discussed at the voting for the new constitution, but D1 held firm on the distribution numbers as a deal breaker. They got enough votes to pass the new constitution because enough D2 (especially) and D3 member schools realized that D1 could take more than they were and make the deal even smaller for the other divisions.

Remember - the income source is D1 generated...
                            Yeah that's the thing. D2 gets scraps but they bring in even less.

Comment

• Boom. This pretty much sums up what D2 is and what it’s not…and those who want FCS style playoff brackets should just petition their schools to move up. D2 is a regional level in the NCAA. If you don’t like it, you school needs to be like George and Weezy and move on up.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...08dac051f.html

Comment

• Lets look at the competitveness of games in each region from Round 1 of the Playoffs in each region...

Region 1 - Average margin of victory was 4.3 points

Ashland beat Fake Notre Dame by 7 points
                                Shepherd beat New Haven by 3 points
                                Slimey Pebble beat Assumption by 3 points

Region 3 (the supposed Region where everyone can destroy Region 1) - Average margin of victory was 33 points.

Northwest Misery beat Ouachita Baptist by 30 points'
                                Ferris Bueller beat Davenport by 34 points
                                Pittsburg Without The H State shut out Indy by 35 points

So...doesn't look like the bottom 3 of Region 3 was anywhere near competitive with the four headed monster.

Region 2 wasn't any better in Week 1 - Average margin of victory was 34 points
                                Wingate beat Virginia Union by 25
                                Delta State shut out Fayetteville State by 51
                                West Flori-duh (who was horribly ranked regionally) beat Limestone by 26

Region 4 was pretty much the same story but not as bad - Average margin of victory was 20 points
                                Bemidji State beat Winona Judd State by 24
                                Mines beat Pueblo by 19
                                Minnehaha State beat Wayne State by 17

So...I'm not going to buy that all these mid pack teams in other conferences would roll everyone.

The reality of D2 is that there are a handful of team that are legit to win the title and the rest are only going to possibly win their conference and get a playoff bid in 2,3, and 4 and Region 1 is really the only balanced region where a higher percentage of teams actually have a shot to make it to the regional finals.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X