Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Insidesource View Post
    Schools in consideration for GMAC membership include Ashland, Indiana Wesleyan, Northwood, Gannon, Mercyhurst, Taylor, Marian, and Urbana
    I find it hard to believe that Gannon and Mercy would both leave the PSAC after it took them so many years to finally get in. Just my opinion. However, they do align more with the GMAC private sector than that of the PSAC.

Who are Indiana Wesleyan, Taylor, and Marian? Where are they located, and do they offer football?

Comment

• Here we go again...smh

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        "In consideration" by whom ?? GMAC ? The schools themselves ? Fans of those teams ? Posters on this thread ?
        To answer...No, No, Probably not and YES!!

This is typically a summertime line of wishful thinking thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

To answer...No, No, Probably not and YES!!

This is typically a summertime line of wishful thinking thread.
          Thought so.

Comment

• *closes eyes and crosses fingers* "I'm not getting caught up in this, I`m not getting caught up in this, I'm not getting caught up in this. " Yeah, I`ll probably be back later to comment on this. HEY, I`m retired, gotta a lot of time on my hands.

Comment

Schools in consideration for GMAC membership include Ashland, Indiana Wesleyan, Northwood, Gannon, Mercyhurst, Taylor, Marian, and Urbana
              While this type of thread is usually "summer time wishful thinking", it's now fall. Fall and winter are when leagues actually discuss any potential they might have for adding teams. I believe that Insidesource has someone who knows what teams are being considered. Also, I don't think he is being told anything other than that. THAT BEING SAID!!! I don't expect any news before late winter or early spring.

Ashland-Always on the chart, have said they won't discuss it again until 2020. Personally, I think they stay where they are.
              Indiana Wesleyan-NAIA, recently started football. At the football announcement they said that they weren't considering D2. Probably GMAC wishful thinking.
              Northwood-I can't even imagine why the GMAC would even think about them unless MAYBE Northwood had expressed some interest. Still, don't see them moving.
              Gannon and Mercyhurst-May have expressed some interest at one time which got the GMAC excited. Would be good adds, but why???
              Taylor-NAIA longtime football playing school. Their Indiana location makes them appealing to the GMAC, just not sure they are interested.
              Marian-Sports wise, VERY successful NAIA school, located in Indianapolis. Since GMAC headquarters is located in Indy I'm sure the league has been in contact and have probably given up on UINDY ever coming to the GMAC.
              Urban-Their finances have greatly improved and probably most likely to make a move.

GOTTA GO, MAYBE MORE LATER. I'M OUT!!!
              Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 10-17-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

This actually seems like it would be a pretty accurate list. Ashland's commitment to the GLIAC seemed wishy washy just based on the fact that in their press conference they said they'd revisit in two years. Northwood definitely fits the GMAC model more than the GLIAC and could see them coming. IWU...sure? I guess if they want to go DII it would make sense. Historically they're a pretty solid athletic department. Gannon and Mercyhurst definitely would fit the private model and also the geographic footprint of the conference. Taylor and Marian...no clue there. But Urbana, eh, they probably fit but that's not a very competitve school and don't raise the level of conference play. Hope that one is just a rumor.

Comment

• Long-time "might make geographic/institutional sense" candidate UIndy is noticeably missing from the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
                    Re: G-MAC / GLIAC Updates

Perhaps these schools should consider making a move to D3..honestly it might be the best solution for them.
                    Are you kidding, pussies, lets go
                    ;

Comment

• are you going to play football or apologize

Comment

• Lets go GMAC

Comment

• I'd rather Tiffin loose to Lake Erie than to have the GMAC blasted in this accord. Kick a--, i love you all good luck. Screw anyone out of our division.

Comment

• Go GMAC

Comment

• Take No Quarter

Comment

• The poster, buckeyeblitz, was the only poster that I saw call any thing that came to fruition. When he decides to post, I will believe it. He called the original G-MAC expansion to the letter. Every thing else is just babble and speculation. I don't think any one here has any "inside" info from the G-MAC side and certainly no posters from the MEC. I think I have heard the "Pikeville" to the MEC for the past 8 years which is pretty comical every time I read it.

The G-MAC needs to add football schools pretty soon. That is all I can give you.

Have a great day!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X