Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G-MAC / GLIAC Updates

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
    I would be willing to wager that this has NOT happened.
    Huh, well that surprises me, but I'm glad that they don't want them.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Huh, well that surprises me, but I'm glad that they don't want them.
      IRRC: Hillsdale is in the GMAC because the large public schools did not want to listen to Hillsdales concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioD2 View Post
        IRRC: Hillsdale is in the GMAC because the large public schools did not want to listen to Hillsdales concerns.
        It's not quite that simple...things as I understood them were more complex than that. With that said, what you wrote isn't inherently untrue...again, just not the entirety of the story.

Comment

lololol
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

What would those concerns be?

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
              Just a guess, but "public v. private" might have been the top concern on that list for Hillsdale.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                Just a guess, but "public v. private" might have been the top concern on that list for Hillsdale.
                Not sure what the large public schools can do about that...They can't make themselves private and shrink their enrollments.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
                  Everyone knows what the "concerns" were. Just not allowed to talk about them.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Given the Bellarmine news, Mr. Daeger should be scheduling a lunch date with his alma mater.

Then, maybe he and the UIndy AD should take a quick road trip to Marian, IWU and Taylor.
                    Last edited by BlueBlood; 06-18-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• Re: G-MAC / GLIAC Updates

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                      Given the Bellarmine news, Mr. Daeger should be scheduling a lunch date with his alma mater.

Then, maybe he and the UIndy AD should take a quick road trip to Marian, IWU and Taylor.
                      D2 Conference Commissioner Association is meeting today through Thursday in San Diego. He probably won't contact anyone this week.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                        lololol
                        I do not agree or disagree with you. I simplified the stance of the leaving school.

Comment

• Comment

I was looking at the 2019 GMAC Football schedules currently posted on each school's website. Every school will play 7 conference games and the OOC games are scattered throughout the season. Thought I would list the total number of games each school has scheduled and what league their OOC games are coming from.

Alderson Broaddus 10 games scheduled...1-MEC, 2-CIAA
                            Findlay 11 games scheduled...1-MEC, 3-GLIAC
                            Hillsdale 11 games scheduled...2-GLIAC, 1-MEC, 1-GLVC
                            Kentucky Wesleyan 11 games scheduled...1-MEC, 2-GLVC, 1-NAIA
                            Lake Erie 10 games scheduled...1-GLVC, 1-PSAC, 1-GLIAC
                            Ohio Dominican 9 games scheduled...1-PSAC, 1-GSC
                            Tiffin 10 games scheduled...2-GLIAC, 1 NE-10
                            Walsh 10 games scheduled...1-GLIAC, 1-MEC, 1-FCS

In 2020, I "assume", the four OOC games will all be at the beginning of the season. That is if all 8 schools continue playing football for the 2020 season. The PSAC only has week 1 open for OOC games and beginning in 2020 the MEC will be playing with themselves so no OOC games.

Food for thought, or not. That's all I got.

Comment

Leveling the playing field typically means "reduce your efforts to my school's level."

No conference, division, etc is ever perfectly "level."

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                                Leveling the playing field typically means "reduce your efforts to my school's level."

No conference, division, etc is ever perfectly "level."
                                Yup. There can be variation in the commitment across the sport spectrum, but overall commitment needs to be pretty uniform or you can run into problems between conference members that make a relatively large investment in athletics and those that are just along for the ride.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X