Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Regional Rankings

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    I don't know that any of them have a 'wow' factor like Chambersburg and Pine-Richland, but I think Downingtown has a great stadium.

When I moved here, I was actually surprised schools with pedigrees like Neshaminy, North Penn and Coatesville don't have nicer stadiums. But honestly, I would put them all above NDC. Why? Because they have visitor bleachers. Plus, that NDC field reminds me too much of Gannon. I played one game at Gannon and still hate that place.
    Gannon could be 'somewhat' better if they'd just clean the place up. Stuff everywhere. Track equipment, goalie nets ... just a mess. The bleacher situation is a mess, too. No doubt the worst stadium in the league. I know the Vet needed some major upgrades but ....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Gannon could be 'somewhat' better if they'd just clean the place up. Stuff everywhere. Track equipment, goalie nets ... just a mess. The bleacher situation is a mess, too. No doubt the worst stadium in the league. I know the Vet needed some major upgrades but ....
      What is Mercyhurst's stadium like compared to Gannon? I've never been there. We only played Gannon twice (away, home) during my career.

Comment

What is Mercyhurst's stadium like compared to Gannon? I've never been there. We only played Gannon twice (away, home) during my career.
        Mercyhurst is nice but parking can be tricky.
        Gannon is a dump in comparison. Hate everything about it.

Comment

Neither of them is a "stadium". Mercyhurst has a double faced building that sits in between their football field and another athletic field. they have about 10 rows of bleachers with limited chair seating. Gannon has temp bleachers that they move around a large multi-purpose field. They're both kind of landlocked, and considering that, they do the best they can...PS The press box at Gannon looks like a freight train car on steel girders. Yes, it moves when its windy...

Comment

• New Regional Rankings

Originally posted by GregD View Post
            Mercyhurst is nice but parking can be tricky.
            Gannon is a dump in comparison. Hate everything about it.

Comment

Just gonna put this out there...Cheyney has a better Press Box than IUP...FACT

Comment

With very few exceptions they are all glorified high school stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                  You feel better now sunshine? jus sayin

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                    You feel better now sunshine? jus sayin

For all the constant panic over the IUP press box ... it hasn't effected them too much over the years on the field. As a fan ... I don't sit in it. Means nothing to me.

Comment

For all the constant panic over the IUP press box ... it hasn't effected them too much over the years on the field. As a fan ... I don't sit in it. Means nothing to me.
                      How about it? I guess times must be worse than thought in East Stroudsburg. I didn't even notice ESU's press box last time out there when IUP layed 73 on them. Maybe Cig should have kept the foot on the gas to see if their fabulous scoreboard could display 3 digits .... jus sayin

Comment

AND the people on this board that yack about it don't sit in it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                          Before u make the GMAC the Big 10, both Hillsdale and Tiffin beat a bad Mercyhurst team by 4 points, enough said.
                          And ODU beat Cal, who beat IUP. We can play the transitive property game all day long and get nowhere. Nowhere did I say the GMAC is currently one of the best D2 conferences, so don't make it seem like I did. Reading comprehension is not hard.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                            Nobody is saying it's nice. The press box at Cheyney is their stadiums only redeeming quality.

You never got to sit on the visitor stands and get splinters in your clothing all game long.

Then there was the half dead goat pasture they called a field.

Comment

Same. Like I said...they need to tear down the decades old chain link perimeter fencing and build a new press box like they did up at Bloomsburg.

Other than that....everything else has been replaced. New field, new track, new track level fence, new visitor stands, new visitor rest rooms and a new video board.

Even the band has a new stand with a canopy to keep them from getting wet.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
                                How about it? I guess times must be worse than thought in East Stroudsburg. I didn't even notice ESU's press box last time out there when IUP layed 73 on them. Maybe Cig should have kept the foot on the gas to see if their fabulous scoreboard could display 3 digits .... jus sayin
                                LMAO!!! This gets a green chicklet!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X