Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Yikes, stay classy. The LOS was the 34 yard line and it's not even close. Bagent wasn't past the 35, yet alone the 34. Keep in mind, the player's entire body has to be past the LOS. His left leg(trail leg) didn't even break the 35.

https://i.imgur.com/nhmjL4C.png

Here's a great shot showing the LOS as being the 34 yard line. These screenshots are too large to upload here.

https://i.imgur.com/lH71gQd.png

It's always best to avoid the message boards and social media after a tough loss. But, thanks for attending the game today and supporting D2 football. Hopefully, you find the time to edit your post and be a better man going forward.

Seeing it live I didn't have a problem with it and these images speak for themselves. His momentum carried him beyond the line but after the ball was out, at least that's how I saw it. Regardless, if you're hanging your hat on that when all you had to do was keep a team deep on their own side out of the end zone with 1:40 left to win and can't, that's just sour grapes. And let's not forget the drive at the end of the half when Shepherd seemed content with running out the clock until IUP decided tackling wasn't important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Says you.

Comment

• Then, I assume that you'll be moving on, newbie.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Then, I assume that you'll be moving on, newbie.

Comment

• Yes...but IUP is still better than the other 13 Glorified High Schools.

Hopefully Dr Heimlich doesn't have to be paged to The Evil next Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Yikes, stay classy. The LOS was the 34 yard line and it's not even close. Bagent wasn't past the 35, yet alone the 34. Keep in mind, the player's entire body has to be past the LOS. His left leg(trail leg) didn't even break the 35.

https://i.imgur.com/nhmjL4C.png

Here's a great shot showing the LOS as being the 34 yard line. These screenshots are too large to upload here.

https://i.imgur.com/lH71gQd.png

It's always best to avoid the message boards and social media after a tough loss. But, thanks for attending the game today and supporting D2 football. Hopefully, you find the time to edit your post and be a better man going forward.

Comment

• Uh ok, Is his arm forward? Where do you suppose the ball is? Hint. He's right handed.

Comment

• I'm sorry. I forgot that you were there. You may go now.

4-1

The adults are talking here.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                      Some of the childish nonsense on this board at times is disappointing. Such is the world of message boards I suppose.

First of all, congratulations to Shepherd. I thought they came in with a great game plan and they executed it really well. Other than the one turnover, they played a clean game in all phases. Obviously the QB was outstanding as was the RB, but let's also give the offensive line a TON of credit. No sacks, and almost no pressure. Even an average QB can have a day under those circumstances, and this kid is well above average. The IUP D-line was a non-factor, period, and they haven't been against good teams. On top of that, IUP rarely blitzed, which is unfathomable when you cease to get any pressure. IUP also missed a ton of tackles and at times showed limited effort (the long touchdown to start the second half), which is just inexcusable.

I think IUP played pretty well on offense, but they made just enough mistakes to cost them. A big holding call and two false starts on the O-line, the pick on the first drive, and curious play calling in several spots was enough to put them behind the 8-ball early. ANOTHER botched extra point. It's the playoffs, and more than any time of the year, you're going to pay for your sins.

This was a 10-2 IUP team, but I never believed in them to make a run. I wasn't surprised by the outcome today. I think an honest evaluation of this game shows that Shepherd is at least as good as, if not just a better than IUP from the coaching staff through the last guy on special teams. I can't think of a single phase that Shepherd didn't win today, and that's why they're moving on. IUP has to really decide whether or not it wants to be a factor on the national stage because they don't have the material to do it as is. Coaching needs to be better. Recruiting needs to be better. Student and community support needs to be better. The facility needs to be better. If none of these changes are made, you can expect to see IUP hovering around the top of the PSAC West most years and occasionally winning it, but never really being a threat to get to the title game. If that's good enough for everyone, then there's no need to do anything and we can have this discussion again next year when IUP is 8-3 or 9-2. I recognize that some programs would love to have that problem, and I mean no disrespect to them.
                      My feelings are go big or go home. PSAC titles and making a few games in the playoffs may be good for some...but not for me. I want National Titles. I don't want to be that school that wins a Regional Title and then basks in it for the next 15 years like some schools. I share your opinion that I didn't see this IUP team scaring anyone in the playoffs. Quite frankly, this seemed to be the most balanced group of teams in the regional playoffs I've ever seen. Today's regional scores reflect that as well. None of them stand a chance against Valdosta State, Ferris Bueller State or Minnesota State. So yes, I am bummed IUP lost a home playoff game, but the fact was their chances were not that great if they did move on. I again agree that IUP needs to step it up. Maybe this new AD will move something along this off season.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                        Some of the childish nonsense on this board at times is disappointing. Such is the world of message boards I suppose.

First of all, congratulations to Shepherd. I thought they came in with a great game plan and they executed it really well. Other than the one turnover, they played a clean game in all phases. Obviously the QB was outstanding as was the RB, but let's also give the offensive line a TON of credit. No sacks, and almost no pressure. Even an average QB can have a day under those circumstances, and this kid is well above average. The IUP D-line was a non-factor, period, and they haven't been against good teams. On top of that, IUP rarely blitzed, which is unfathomable when you cease to get any pressure. IUP also missed a ton of tackles and at times showed limited effort (the long touchdown to start the second half), which is just inexcusable.

I think IUP played pretty well on offense, but they made just enough mistakes to cost them. A big holding call and two false starts on the O-line, the pick on the first drive, and curious play calling in several spots was enough to put them behind the 8-ball early. ANOTHER botched extra point. It's the playoffs, and more than any time of the year, you're going to pay for your sins.

This was a 10-2 IUP team, but I never believed in them to make a run. I wasn't surprised by the outcome today. I think an honest evaluation of this game shows that Shepherd is at least as good as, if not just a better than IUP from the coaching staff through the last guy on special teams. I can't think of a single phase that Shepherd didn't win today, and that's why they're moving on. IUP has to really decide whether or not it wants to be a factor on the national stage because they don't have the material to do it as is. Coaching needs to be better. Recruiting needs to be better. Student and community support needs to be better. The facility needs to be better. If none of these changes are made, you can expect to see IUP hovering around the top of the PSAC West most years and occasionally winning it, but never really being a threat to get to the title game. If that's good enough for everyone, then there's no need to do anything and we can have this discussion again next year when IUP is 8-3 or 9-2. I recognize that some programs would love to have that problem, and I mean no disrespect to them.
                        This is an outstanding post! A voice of reason from someone with intelligence and the ability to be impartial.

Just a few thoughts on the game---

-Congrats to Shepherd. They came in and played a heck of a game. They earned their win.

-The lack of an IUP pass rush and the woes in the secondary were major problems that ended up costing them the game. Not a good look for the IUP defense at all.

-Even from watching the game on the net the IUP stadium just looks like a total embarrassment to the university. It just looks worse and worse every passing year. For goodness sake---can't someone at least paint that awful looking cement wall up towards the field house? I know that I offered to do it a few summers ago for free if the university supplied the paint and brushes. It looks just horrible. How hard could it be to paint it crimson?

-The IUP fan turnout did not look very good from what I could see. It was cold and I as I have said on this forum countless times----people DO NOT want to pay crazy ticket prices to attend D-II sporting events. $17 to sit in that dump of a stadium is just insane. The university can blame themselves for that. I also was a bit shocked at the lack of cheering by the IUP fans when IUP went up 27-24 with a 1:40 to play. Some fans did good by shouting out support for the defense but it looked like 80% of them that they showed on the webcast were merely sitting on their hands. If you can't get at least a little excited in a moment like that you may not have a pulse.

-Another embarrassment was the contrast of the bands during the halftime show. Shepherd's band was head and shoulders and then some above IUP's. I'm not someone who really ever pays any attention to the bands---but geez it just really jumped out at you. IUP's band director should absolutely be fired immediately and the university needs to bring someone in with some energy and zip. That was really sad.

-But a lot this stuff that we complain about has been discussed ad nauseum over the years. If the university does not care to ever address any of it I guess there is not much hope for much moving forward.

-I feel that IUP did indeed have a very good season and should not hang their heads over it at all. It was a big improvement over what transpired last season. They lose a lot of good players and the coaching staff will have plenty of holes to fill moving forward into 2020. I guess we'll see you in April when the robins return and spring drills get underway.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Yes...but IUP is still better than the other 13 Glorified High Schools.

Hopefully Dr Heimlich doesn't have to be paged to The Evil next Saturday.

Comment

• ...and yet...you are no different. "You people" need to attend a self awareness class.

You are what you hate about us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I'm sorry. I forgot that you were there. You may go now.

4-1

The adults are talking here.
                              I was there big guy I saw the whole thing I know what I saw

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post

I was there big guy I saw the whole thing I know what I saw
                                It's past your bedtime, isn't it?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X