Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet according to your screen name you're a fan of the conference containing all these joke state schools? OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yet according to your screen name you're a fan of the conference containing all these joke state schools? OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

...and yet...you are no different. "You people" need to attend a self awareness class.

You are what you hate about us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Don't you have basketball games to watch or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Yikes, stay classy. The LOS was the 34 yard line and it's not even close. Bagent wasn't past the 35, yet alone the 34. Keep in mind, the player's entire body has to be past the LOS. His left leg(trail leg) didn't even break the 35.

https://i.imgur.com/nhmjL4C.png

Here's a great shot showing the LOS as being the 34 yard line. These screenshots are too large to upload here.

https://i.imgur.com/lH71gQd.png

It's always best to avoid the message boards and social media after a tough loss. But, thanks for attending the game today and supporting D2 football. Hopefully, you find the time to edit your post and be a better man going forward.

Comment

• Feel free to link the pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                Some of the childish nonsense on this board at times is disappointing. Such is the world of message boards I suppose.

First of all, congratulations to Shepherd. I thought they came in with a great game plan and they executed it really well. Other than the one turnover, they played a clean game in all phases. Obviously the QB was outstanding as was the RB, but let's also give the offensive line a TON of credit. No sacks, and almost no pressure. Even an average QB can have a day under those circumstances, and this kid is well above average. The IUP D-line was a non-factor, period, and they haven't been against good teams. On top of that, IUP rarely blitzed, which is unfathomable when you cease to get any pressure. IUP also missed a ton of tackles and at times showed limited effort (the long touchdown to start the second half), which is just inexcusable.

I think IUP played pretty well on offense, but they made just enough mistakes to cost them. A big holding call and two false starts on the O-line, the pick on the first drive, and curious play calling in several spots was enough to put them behind the 8-ball early. ANOTHER botched extra point. It's the playoffs, and more than any time of the year, you're going to pay for your sins.

This was a 10-2 IUP team, but I never believed in them to make a run. I wasn't surprised by the outcome today. I think an honest evaluation of this game shows that Shepherd is at least as good as, if not just a better than IUP from the coaching staff through the last guy on special teams. I can't think of a single phase that Shepherd didn't win today, and that's why they're moving on. IUP has to really decide whether or not it wants to be a factor on the national stage because they don't have the material to do it as is. Coaching needs to be better. Recruiting needs to be better. Student and community support needs to be better. The facility needs to be better. If none of these changes are made, you can expect to see IUP hovering around the top of the PSAC West most years and occasionally winning it, but never really being a threat to get to the title game. If that's good enough for everyone, then there's no need to do anything and we can have this discussion again next year when IUP is 8-3 or 9-2. I recognize that some programs would love to have that problem, and I mean no disrespect to them.
                Such an excellent post!

Comment

• No, they won't be confused with Harvard, but there are plenty of bright people who've come out of the state schools and done very well for themselves. And, frankly, I sincerely doubt I'm any more dense than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

No, they won't be confused with Harvard, but there are plenty of bright people who've come out of the state schools and done very well for themselves. And, frankly, I sincerely doubt I'm any more dense than you.
                    Entirely your opinion pal which you are more than entitled to, but your previous comment showed otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP724 View Post
                      Your a joke man!!! Total joke!

Comment

• Sounds like beer muscles came out. You type all that while stumbling down Philly street this morning?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                              Some of the childish nonsense on this board at times is disappointing. Such is the world of message boards I suppose.

First of all, congratulations to Shepherd. I thought they came in with a great game plan and they executed it really well. Other than the one turnover, they played a clean game in all phases. Obviously the QB was outstanding as was the RB, but let's also give the offensive line a TON of credit. No sacks, and almost no pressure. Even an average QB can have a day under those circumstances, and this kid is well above average. The IUP D-line was a non-factor, period, and they haven't been against good teams. On top of that, IUP rarely blitzed, which is unfathomable when you cease to get any pressure. IUP also missed a ton of tackles and at times showed limited effort (the long touchdown to start the second half), which is just inexcusable.

I think IUP played pretty well on offense, but they made just enough mistakes to cost them. A big holding call and two false starts on the O-line, the pick on the first drive, and curious play calling in several spots was enough to put them behind the 8-ball early. ANOTHER botched extra point. It's the playoffs, and more than any time of the year, you're going to pay for your sins.

This was a 10-2 IUP team, but I never believed in them to make a run. I wasn't surprised by the outcome today. I think an honest evaluation of this game shows that Shepherd is at least as good as, if not just a better than IUP from the coaching staff through the last guy on special teams. I can't think of a single phase that Shepherd didn't win today, and that's why they're moving on. IUP has to really decide whether or not it wants to be a factor on the national stage because they don't have the material to do it as is. Coaching needs to be better. Recruiting needs to be better. Student and community support needs to be better. The facility needs to be better. If none of these changes are made, you can expect to see IUP hovering around the top of the PSAC West most years and occasionally winning it, but never really being a threat to get to the title game. If that's good enough for everyone, then there's no need to do anything and we can have this discussion again next year when IUP is 8-3 or 9-2. I recognize that some programs would love to have that problem, and I mean no disrespect to them.
                              With a little bit of the emotions worn off from a really disappointing loss, I have to say this is a bit more negaative than deserved.

First shepherd played one of the cleanest games of the season. They had the one dumb personal foul near the goal that cost them in the first half, but other than that and the fumble they played great, and desrved to win.

But they just won by a field goal and a PAT.

IUP played pretty well too - Bagent and Maxwell had about the same stats. People complain, but we were lucky to have him at IUP this year, and he had a great year. Samir Bullock had more yds than Glover, and finished his great career on a positive note - hope he heals quickly. Sure there were a couple mistakes that cost them, and why they decided to play prevent on the final drive against such a good passing game makes me wonder - that is 1970s football. Look how deep the secondary was on the 3-10 play - look at how open glover was. 3 guys rushing. Same thing happened against Rock, except Rivers ran for the First down. So no, I don't see Shepherd as better in every phase, basically the difference was their OL vs IUPs DL and Coaching. IUP could have won the region this year, but it was a long shot - All of the teams were pretty well matched, and I expect the remaining games to all be close, with any of the 4 teams possible winners.

It probably is true, that IUP will not be competitive on a national championship level, same as the other PSAC schools. The Budget, the demographics of western PA, and PASSHE rules makes it difficult to do much more. Next year will be a tough year - does any one know how Davis was developing ? Too many people to replace, with a killer schedule doesn't bode well.

So all in all great season for IUP, Seniors Bullock, Arnold, McCallister, Gause, McNeil, Lloyd, Amendola, Stevens, Tillman all had great Careers. BTW weren't these the last of Cignettis recruits ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

With a little bit of the emotions worn off from a really disappointing loss, I have to say this is a bit more negaative than deserved.

First shepherd played one of the cleanest games of the season. They had the one dumb personal foul near the goal that cost them in the first half, but other than that and the fumble they played great, and desrved to win.

But they just won by a field goal and a PAT.

IUP played pretty well too - Bagent and Maxwell had about the same stats. People complain, but we were lucky to have him at IUP this year, and he had a great year. Samir Bullock had more yds than Glover, and finished his great career on a positive note - hope he heals quickly. Sure there were a couple mistakes that cost them, and why they decided to play prevent on the final drive against such a good passing game makes me wonder - that is 1970s football. Look how deep the secondary was on the 3-10 play - look at how open glover was. 3 guys rushing. Same thing happened against Rock, except Rivers ran for the First down. So no, I don't see Shepherd as better in every phase, basically the difference was their OL vs IUPs DL and Coaching. IUP could have won the region this year, but it was a long shot - All of the teams were pretty well matched, and I expect the remaining games to all be close, with any of the 4 teams possible winners.

It probably is true, that IUP will not be competitive on a national championship level, same as the other PSAC schools. The Budget, the demographics of western PA, and PASSHE rules makes it difficult to do much more. Next year will be a tough year - does any one know how Davis was developing ? Too many people to replace, with a killer schedule doesn't bode well.

So all in all great season for IUP, Seniors Bullock, Arnold, McCallister, Gause, McNeil, Lloyd, Amendola, Stevens, Tillman all had great Careers. BTW weren't these the last of Cignettis recruits ?
                                Good synopsis of this game! Shepherd's offensive line and their ability to stretch the field with their receivers was the difference. They were two evenly matched teams as it has been throughout their playoff history.

As far as the call goes, we'll never know what might had happened if it was called. Shepherd repeatedly hit plays over the top. Either way, it was one hell of an exciting game and to be honest followed the Shepherd script all season long.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X