• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post
    PSAC is an embarrassment
    Says you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I actually wasn't talking to Nation. He was respectful of our program coming into this game.
      Yep and I hope Shepherd beats Slimey Pebble.

i said all week the Rams had a legit chance to win. The whole region was pretty equal this year. The Fighting Gym teachers think they are some juggernaut but that is only reality in their minds.

Good luck next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Says you.
        A PSAC team beating a PSAC team proves the conference is down? Hmm, the schwartz is strong with that one.

Comment

• Some of the childish nonsense on this board at times is disappointing. Such is the world of message boards I suppose.

First of all, congratulations to Shepherd. I thought they came in with a great game plan and they executed it really well. Other than the one turnover, they played a clean game in all phases. Obviously the QB was outstanding as was the RB, but let's also give the offensive line a TON of credit. No sacks, and almost no pressure. Even an average QB can have a day under those circumstances, and this kid is well above average. The IUP D-line was a non-factor, period, and they haven't been against good teams. On top of that, IUP rarely blitzed, which is unfathomable when you cease to get any pressure. IUP also missed a ton of tackles and at times showed limited effort (the long touchdown to start the second half), which is just inexcusable.

I think IUP played pretty well on offense, but they made just enough mistakes to cost them. A big holding call and two false starts on the O-line, the pick on the first drive, and curious play calling in several spots was enough to put them behind the 8-ball early. ANOTHER botched extra point. It's the playoffs, and more than any time of the year, you're going to pay for your sins.

This was a 10-2 IUP team, but I never believed in them to make a run. I wasn't surprised by the outcome today. I think an honest evaluation of this game shows that Shepherd is at least as good as, if not just a better than IUP from the coaching staff through the last guy on special teams. I can't think of a single phase that Shepherd didn't win today, and that's why they're moving on. IUP has to really decide whether or not it wants to be a factor on the national stage because they don't have the material to do it as is. Coaching needs to be better. Recruiting needs to be better. Student and community support needs to be better. The facility needs to be better. If none of these changes are made, you can expect to see IUP hovering around the top of the PSAC West most years and occasionally winning it, but never really being a threat to get to the title game. If that's good enough for everyone, then there's no need to do anything and we can have this discussion again next year when IUP is 8-3 or 9-2. I recognize that some programs would love to have that problem, and I mean no disrespect to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            This is a Shepherd home game. IUP fans just SUCK.
            What was the split of fans there?

Comment

• idk what alumni you guys are talking to saying the Rock is a juggernaut; but the Edinboro, Cal and Kutztown games speak volumes. Offensively, they were kept under 40 and defensively they are giving up 30. Our eyes are wipe open. "Playoffs!?" - Jim Mora

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

What was the split of fans there?
                  it was still 3/4 IUP fans, or maybe 2/3, but the overall turnout was awful. I know it is Thanksgiving break, but based on the number of kids I saw going in and out of student housing today, I don't think they had to vacate last night. Community support sucked too. I get it. It's cold, the holiday parade was last night, yadda, yadda. If you're a real football town, you fill your home stadium for a playoff game. Kudos to the folks who traveled in from Shepherdstown and made a good showing for their team.

Comment

• Comment

• For my money, Shepherd's fans on this site have been much classier than most teams with larger contingents. Some IUP fans (like yourself) could learn a thing or two from them.

Comment

• Don't you have basketball games to watch or something?

Comment

• Yikes, stay classy. The LOS was the 34 yard line and it's not even close. Bagent wasn't past the 35, yet alone the 34. Keep in mind, the player's entire body has to be past the LOS. His left leg(trail leg) didn't even break the 35.

https://i.imgur.com/nhmjL4C.png

Here's a great shot showing the LOS as being the 34 yard line. These screenshots are too large to upload here.

https://i.imgur.com/lH71gQd.png

It's always best to avoid the message boards and social media after a tough loss. But, thanks for attending the game today and supporting D2 football. Hopefully, you find the time to edit your post and be a better man going forward.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You sure it's not happening.

Shepherd is peaking just at the right time.

Comment

• I agree. Too many idiotic statements from that guy to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

We still hold degrees that actually mean something in real life.

While yours is just barely good enough to wipe our asses with.....

Oh and you can go **** yourself.

Amazing how the IUP Haters have zero self awareness in that they are literally the same as what they claim they hate us for.....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X