Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Out of Conference Thread

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Is the whole conference open in week 1? I hope Shepherd grabs another game but historically they haven't scheduled the 11th game.

Since there are so many teams in the conference, have teams in the PSAC in the past looked at scheduling one of the other teams that aren't on the "regular" season schedule? For example IUP and Shepherd don't play this year but decide to play in week 1 just to get the extra game and keep travel costs down?
    I read In Koz's sports page that Shepherd would be open to play an FCS team. I hope they don't because it doesn't help the D2 regional rankings. They'd be better off playing one of PSAC teams they don't play this year. Why not IUP and Shepherd in a two year deal or at least 2019? Both teams are in a rebuild process and it would be a great game. And they play at Shepherd since I can get there in 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
      I read In Koz's sports page that Shepherd would be open to play an FCS team. I hope they don't because it doesn't help the D2 regional rankings. They'd be better off playing one of PSAC teams they don't play this year. Why not IUP and Shepherd in a two year deal or at least 2019? Both teams are in a rebuild process and it would be a great game. And they play at Shepherd since I can get there in 10 minutes.
      Good concept but not happening. If IUP plays a game it would be a cupcake.

You really classify them as a rebuild? Perhaps an academic rebuild. Player-wise, providing they can pass English, they have a ton back next year.

The JUCO WR they already got is a stud. More on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You really classify them as a rebuild? Perhaps an academic rebuild. Player-wise, providing they can pass English, they have a ton back next year.

What JUCO WR stud?

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
          Without divulging financial information what's the average payout for traveling to a top 5 D2 program? I know the FCS teams generally pay $10-35K for D2 games curious what the GV, NWMS, Valdosta's pay for out of conference games especially against teams they'll be heavily favored to beat.
          You'd have to ask a HC or an AD to get the right answer...

Comment

Frostburg State is joining the MEC i believe next year. That would be a nice close opponent for a good portion of the conference. I'm hoping Shepherd and them can start a yearly thing with them considering they are about 90 mins apart.

Comment

I thought the general consensus was that next year is a rebuild given the underachievement of the 2018 season. They are going to start with a QB who most likely has never had or or has had very limited game time experience - barring a transfer. And playing a cup cake in the first game when they played a nationally ranked team in the last two years seems to be indication that something needs rebuilt - team confidence, leadership, respect for the coaches and each other? So yes, in that respect I'd say IUP is in a rebuilding year in 2019.

Comment

I thought the general consensus was that next year is a rebuild given the underachievement of the 2018 season. They are going to start with a QB who most likely has never had or or has had very limited game time experience - barring a transfer. And playing a cup cake in the first game when they played a nationally ranked team in the last two years seems to be indication that something needs rebuilt - team confidence, leadership, respect for the coaches and each other? So yes, in that respect I'd say IUP is in a rebuilding year in 2019.

Other side of that coin is an argument could be made the QB was part of the underachievement last season.

Regroup may be the better word over rebuild. Sure hope so, anyway.

Comment

Other side of that coin is an argument could be made the QB was part of the underachievement last season.

Regroup may be the better word over rebuild. Sure hope so, anyway.
                  http://www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93644

Comment

LOL ... you know where all threads end up anyway.

Just a matter of time.

Comment

Ok, that works. From here on out IUP football is officially regrouping for the 2019 season.

Comment

Ok, that works. From here on out IUP football is officially regrouping for the 2019 season.
                        I think it's an important year for Tortorella.

Comment

Clemson just scored again.

Freshmen WR and QB. Just sick.

They'd both be Top 3 draft picks. Right now.

Comment

Clemson just scored again.

Freshmen WR and QB. Just sick.

They'd both be Top 3 draft picks. Right now.
                            IUP should schedule Bama.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              ESU opened with Ferris State last year...Remember that?!?!? They open with FCS Wagner this year...
                              I would think that ESU fans would probably prefer to forget that season opener...

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the PSAC as much since I moved to Texas over the summer, but that's a fair point.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                                I would think that ESU fans would probably prefer to forget that season opener...

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the PSAC as much since I moved to Texas over the summer, but that's a fair point.

Yeah ... and the fact that Ferris would blow Wagner off the field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X