Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's funny about this is the long-time MEC message board foot stomper also chastised the PSAC for their schedule which provided for a non-conference game in week one, and now the MEC has gone with the same format.

Comment

GANNON just lost their scheduled opener vs. URBANA which has announced they are closing up. That's the first but won't be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        GANNON just lost their scheduled opener vs. URBANA which has announced they are closing up. That's the first but won't be the last.
        I totally agree, we may hear about other schools closing up.

I wonder where HC Tyler Haines will coach next....
        Last edited by ShoNuff; 04-21-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I totally agree, we may hear about other schools closing up.

I wonder where HC Tyler Haines will coach next....
          First indicator, if anyone has access, would be applications up or down for the fall term. It may become a self-fulfilling prophecy for schools like CHEYNEY or MANSFIELD.

Comment

As I recall, Urbana has been experiencing financial difficulties off and on for the past several years. The COVID-19 pandemic might have been the last straw for them.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Four games with tough opponents for the PSAC teams that I can see from the list: Kutztown--Assumption, Edinboro--Grand Valley St., Shepherd--Ohio Dominican, and SRU-- Wayne St. ( Mich). I agree that Bloomsburg will probably once again play Stonehill, which match-up has turned out to become somewhat of a misadventure recently for the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                Ship vs WV State could be a big one at season's end. State was on the fringes of the playoffs last year.
                Well, Ship was certainly not close to playoff caliber last season. And the lack of spring practice isn't going to make it easy to rebuild for anyone, assuming they even have a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, Ship was certainly not close to playoff caliber last season. And the lack of spring practice isn't going to make it easy to rebuild for anyone, assuming they even have a season.
                  Well if they bounce back, and Mac's track record I think would lead us to think they would, the game against State is good for them and the PSAC. WV State until proven otherwise is a fraud and always will be. I don't necessarily say that about most MEC teams (others would in this forum) but Shepherd beat WV State for 40 years running. They just never get the big guys to compete down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If I was betting ... best odds of a football season would probably be in the second semester. There's certainly a chance football and basketball could run simultaneously -- along with the rest of the non-revenue sports.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If I was betting ... best odds of a football season would probably be in the second semester. There's certainly a chance football and basketball could run simultaneously -- along with the rest of the non-revenue sports.
                      Biggest apparent obstacle is going to be schools in states like Texas and Florida that are opening and probably will be very anxious to restart high school and college sports which are big revenue streams in many of their small towns. How does that work versus states like Pa, Ohio, Michigan or Mass. which may want to wait ? Especially with regards to playoffs. It's going to be a battle.

Comment

Biggest apparent obstacle is going to be schools in states like Texas and Florida that are opening and probably will be very anxious to restart high school and college sports which are big revenue streams in many of their small towns. How does that work versus states like Pa, Ohio, Michigan or Mass. which may want to wait ? Especially with regards to playoffs. It's going to be a battle.
                        Well, the states choosing to re-open may be re-closing shortly thereafter. Of course, the Las Vegas mayor says she's all for survival of the fittest. Who knows. In these odd times perhaps each league just plays its own season with no national playoffs, etc. But, without a cure or vaccine, it really just seems like a pipe dream.

Comment

Wow!... Just think a year round college FB season. I love it

Comment

Well, the states choosing to re-open may be re-closing shortly thereafter. Of course, the Las Vegas mayor says she's all for survival of the fittest. Who knows. In these odd times perhaps each league just plays its own season with no national playoffs, etc. But, without a cure or vaccine, it really just seems like a pipe dream.
                            Unfortunately some of the deciders seem to have something in their pipes that tends to skew reality !?! As far as LV is concerned, I'd prefer that those who go to VEGAS STAY IN VEGAS !!!

Comment

It is. Here in Texas the state is opening up Friday. Once you let the cat out of the bag I think the people will lose all discipline. Not all, but many. Of course, last week the stable genius Lieutenant Governor said " there are more important things than living" as justification for opening up. I think we're in deep trouble. The only difference between now and when it started is that the health system can handle more cases.

Comment

I continue to be negatively amazed by the immoral, cavalier attitude of those who would say: "There are more important things than living." I wonder if the LG would make that statement if he were to lose a child, a spouse,a grandchild, a parent, or anyone near and dear to him. It seems to be evident that here is the problem, The LG ostensibly holds nobody "near and dear'!! Speaking for myself, my weightiest fear is losing someone near and dear such as a child or grandchild, who has their entire life ahead of them.
                                Last edited by BlueJay; 04-29-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X