Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Curt Cig being mentioned on several vacancies.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Now that was smart on Fickell's behalf, he had the perfect job at Cincinnati and only left for a good fit P5 job. Wisconsin isn't far removed from being a top 15 program. He should have them back in the hunt for the Big 10 Western Division title in 2 years or so.
    Madison is one of the most underrated places to live in the country. Summers there are amazing. If he could sell Cincinnati, he'll do just fine. Cincy - city and university - when compared to Pittsburgh and Pitt are like following up a break-up by dating someone who looks incredibly similar but not as good as your ex. If you squint your eyes (or drink a 6 pack) it feels the same.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Not sure about this move for Matt. The Big 10 will always be ruled by Ohio State & Michigan with PSU and Wisconsin in the second tier to once in a few seasons win the league. Nebraska while playing in the Western Division has an easier path to the Big 10 championship game will have a tough battle getting the quality of recruits needed to win the league. Matt would've been better going after the WVU job once it becomes available. Easier to sell kids to Morgantown from the East Coast than Lincoln lol.
    I think its a good move. It sounds like WVU is not going to be open this year and they'll wait another year to can Neal. His buyout seems to be too big for them. I don't disagree if both were on the table, but WVU isn't. Nebraska has a lot of money still and he's a program builder. The big ten West sucks, he could easily be the sacrificial lamb to Michigan/OSU every year as the big ten west champs. Wisconsin just got a good hire with Fickell, but the rest of the division isn't anything. I still think there is a chance for Nebraska to get back to at least Bo Pelini levels, as they do still tend to grab decent recruiting classes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Not sure about this move for Matt. The Big 10 will always be ruled by Ohio State & Michigan with PSU and Wisconsin in the second tier to once in a few seasons win the league. Nebraska while playing in the Western Division has an easier path to the Big 10 championship game will have a tough battle getting the quality of recruits needed to win the league. Matt would've been better going after the WVU job once it becomes available. Easier to sell kids to Morgantown from the East Coast than Lincoln lol.
    The BIG is rumored to be ditching divisions.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Fickell to Madison now official.

Big hire for the Badgers.
    Nebraska and Wisconsin were both good hires — something the B1G West badly needed. Those two programs were supposed to be the bedforck of the West when the divisions were formed, and their deterioration has thrown the divisions badly out of alignment. I do think Chryst had done a good job at maintaining the Wisconsin program and basically got screwed for one bad season. Rhule has a reputation for building programs, and Nebraska badly needs a rebuild at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied

Now that was smart on Fickell's behalf, he had the perfect job at Cincinnati and only left for a good fit P5 job. Wisconsin isn't far removed from being a top 15 program. He should have them back in the hunt for the Big 10 Western Division title in 2 years or so.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Nebraska hires Matt Rhule.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Nebraska hires Matt Rhule.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Wisconsin hard after Luke Fickell.
    Didn't see that one coming. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Wisconsin hard after Luke Fickell.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Vols getting hammered in Columbia.
    Yup, gave up 63 points and over 600 yards to a South Carolina team that had the 11th-best offense in the SEC coming into the game. I'll bet their lovely online fan base has plenty to say about that one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Vols getting hammered in Columbia.

Leave a comment:

• CHIP72
    replied
    I bet there are more NJ students attending Penn State's main campus than from all of western PA. The student culture there is incredibly mid-atlantic: Philly, New Jersey, DMV, Long Island. Very affluent, very entitled, etc.
    It's possible, considering New Jersey and more broadly the southern half of the Northeast Megalopolis (NYC metro area to DC metro area, plus smaller metro areas within 100 miles to the north and west, like the ABE area, Harrisburg, Lancaster, etc.) totally dwarfs the population of Pennsylvania that is west of both the Susquehanna River and I-81.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Behavior intervention and threat assessment at colleges is what I do for a living. Sometimes its hard to do something - especially for public schools if the kid lives off campus. You can alert police but they often won't act unless a crime has occurred. But you're right - he was on their radar for a while. Too often students pop up as a concern from multiple places on campus - athletics, counseling center, housing, etc. Professors are getting much better at reporting when students have a sudden change in demeanor or do something that seems off. What's especially frustrating is that he had prior concerns about guns - including real gun charges. I'm curious about why he left the football team and if it was related to behavior.

Over in Idaho, it appears someone was targeting people in Greek Life. 4 killed by stabbing.

What a world we're in. Yikes.
    Yeah, my comment wasn’t to point blame at anyone as much as it was to point out that he was on the radar, yet, who could have predicted this would be the outcome. What about others that have ho history of displaying mental illness and just snap one day? It’s an almost impossible situation. My M.A. is in psychology and I still do some work in that area. I appreciate the work you’re doing, which I know is very difficult.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X