Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If it was Lock Haven and Millersville ... find an 11th game so that SOS can't bite you later.

As is, creampuff at Miller or play 10 games.

That said, Kutztown is a brutal opener -- especially without a tune-up.
    The first game is really unpredictable. Kutztown has a very strong program but at least they won't have DiGalbo at QB. He could take control of the game, as we saw 2 years ago, most notably against Cal.

Looking back at their 2019 roster, a lot of the skill players were redshirt seniors. The receiving corps and the 1000+yd. rusher will have to be replaced. However, K-town is capable of reloading.

As a fan, I would rather play K-town and Shepherd over Lock Haven and Millersville.

Comment

• Baseball swept by Seton Hill today (17-1 combined score).

That drops the record to 1-9. Highly likely to get swept in Greensburg tomorrow.

Getting very ugly. Fast.

Comment

Baseball swept by Seton Hill today (17-1 combined score).

That drops the record to 1-9. Highly likely to get swept in Greensburg tomorrow.

Getting very ugly. Fast.
        Embarrassing!

Comment

• Off-topic so my apologies but I finally got to the Cabela's store in WV. As a fishing nut ... it was a near biblical experience. If you're in to it ... it's worth the trip.

Comment

Off-topic so my apologies but I finally got to the Cabela's store in WV. As a fishing nut ... it was a near biblical experience. If you're in to it ... it's worth the trip.
            I used to fish a lot when I was younger but have not done it in probably 25 years at least. I heard that place was nice. Did they have fish in tanks or displays to see?

Comment

Off-topic so my apologies but I finally got to the Cabela's store in WV. As a fishing nut ... it was a near biblical experience. If you're in to it ... it's worth the trip.
              Finally? That thing has been there 10 years. With Dicks closing Field & Stream stores and phasing out outdoors, Cabelas might be my only place to shop in person for quality fishing gear.

You weren't far from West Liberty. You should have taken a side trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Finally? That thing has been there 10 years. With Dicks closing Field & Stream stores and phasing out outdoors, Cabelas might be my only place to shop in person for quality fishing gear.

You weren't far from West Liberty. You should have taken a side trip.
                Well, I did say 'finally' ... lol. Yeah, it took awhile.

I could spend 3-4 hours in there. Easily.

I saw several WL car stickers there.

Comment

Well, I did say 'finally' ... lol. Yeah, it took awhile.

I could spend 3-4 hours in there. Easily.

I saw several WL car stickers there.
                  WL used to have one of those retail outposts in that big plaza. I believe it was all developed by their sugar daddy.

I agree about losing time there. Even when I don't need anything.

Comment

WL used to have one of those retail outposts in that big plaza. I believe it was all developed by their sugar daddy.

I hit the golf courses pretty regularly. Nobody ever fishes them so they are fun. My home course has two lakes and 5 decent-size ponds. It's essentially my own fishing club. I haven't seen another member fish there in probably 5-6 years. I keep my membership for the fishing ... I probably golf it less than 10 times a year.

Locally, I fish Loyalhanna a lot along with Yellow Creek and Keystone. Blue Spruce is a waste of time. The Kiski River has emerged as a great fishing spot. It's fairly loaded and while it's become huge for the kayak crowd, it doesn't get fished much.

Keystone Power Dam was the holylands of fishing in the 80s. It's still OK but the Amish hit it relentlessly.

I do trout season up in the Cook Forest area.

Comment

I hit the golf courses pretty regularly. Nobody ever fishes them so they are fun. My home course has two lakes and 5 decent-size ponds. It's essentially my own fishing club. I haven't seen another member fish there in probably 5-6 years. I keep my membership for the fishing ... I probably golf it less than 10 times a year.

Locally, I fish Loyalhanna a lot along with Yellow Creek and Keystone. Blue Spruce is a waste of time. The Kiski River has emerged as a great fishing spot. It's fairly loaded and while it's become huge for the kayak crowd, it doesn't get fished much.

Keystone Power Dam was the holylands of fishing in the 80s. It's still OK but the Amish hit it relentlessly.

I do trout season up in the Cook Forest area.
                      Grew up spending summers in Edinboro so I've been a bass & panfish guy most of my life. I do love some musky fishing and river fishing for smallmouth. My parents have a boat docked at Moraine so I'll do some bass fishing there with my dad. Never got into trout but would once love to go after some native brookies in the mountains.

Comment

• One passing of note is that of Dr. Gene Thibadeau of IUP's Foundation of Education department. He was 87. A an absolutely brilliant man who easily had to be the highest mind that I ever encountered at IUP (Charles Cashdollar not far behind). Tibby, as he liked to call himself was a bit of an IUP icon who taught at the university for 40 years. Smart as heck, crazy as hell and funny as sin is probably a good way to describe him. No one who ever encountered him is likely to ever forget him. A one of a kind!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                          One passing of note is that of Dr. Gene Thibadeau of IUP's Foundation of Education department. He was 87. A an absolutely brilliant man who easily had to be the highest mind that I ever encountered at IUP (Charles Cashdollar not far behind). Tibby, as he liked to call himself was a bit of an IUP icon who taught at the university for 40 years. Smart as heck, crazy as hell and funny as sin is probably a good way to describe him. No one who ever encountered him is likely to ever forget him. A one of a kind!
                          Also led the league in canceled classes! hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Also led the league in canceled classes! hahaha
                            I had him later in the afternoon (around four or so) so I don't think that was too much of a problem. But I always did wonder what was in the cup? LOL.

Comment

Brad Paisley or Saint Crutch?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Same here traditionally, but IUP24 won me over on it. It is a core part of his philosophy regarding the game of football.
                                I never was in favor of the two quarterback system... Lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X