Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    I'm in no way saying or suggesting anything, but the entire tone from everybody these last two weeks with the SRU and Cal games sure sounded like it did at the end of the Curt era. Teams blowing leads; teams struggling in what we would call "big games"; teams struggling against Cal.

People have been saying since Armenti was ousted at Cal that they were going to take a significant step back. That's never happened - and it won't. Cal has a solid program. They always recruit well and they seem to do a good job at developing their players. And for whatever reason... Throw records away, forget who is coaching, and ignore the personnel on both sides. Both programs just seem to match up incredibly well to each other. It's interesting that a bunch of the SRU/IUP games, while hyped and some very competitive, often end up with lopsided scores.

These are all the same conversations we were having when Curt ended up leaving for JMU. He would have never gotten the boot at IUP. And I highly doubt Tort will, I think he's overall done a nice job. But there things that need to improve. That 2017 team isn't walking through that door. Much like the 2012 team wasn't at the end of Curt's tenure. It's a unique conversation for certain.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Okay, kid.
    Not a kid but okay pal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    55 and rain on Saturday. How much should I bring for my kids to partake in the Kona Ice truck?
    A lot. Lol.

The Kona is at least on your side.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    55 and rain on Saturday. How much should I bring for my kids to partake in the Kona Ice truck?

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post

As someone that has always just sort of followed things from afar, having Kutztown listed as a big game still feels kind of weird, even though their last sub .500 season was back in 2013.
    Kutztown has a good program going. Seem to be very well coached and disciplined. Out of all the PSAC teams I've seen, I'd say they exemplify the well coached and disciplined the most. They've definitely had a good thing going going back to 2010/2011 it seems.

Leave a comment:

• KU_2014
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tort is close to .500 in big games. Maybe a hair above it. I can't run the numbers right now.

There have been 'big games' not involving those three teams.

He is 1-0 vs Kutztown, 2-0 vs Ashland, 2-0 vs West Chester in 2017 (including winning State Game on road), beat Assumption in playoffs, beat New Haven.

But, yes, 4-4 vs Rock and Cal and 0-2 vs Shepherd. Also, the West Florida home loss.
    As someone that has always just sort of followed things from afar, having Kutztown listed as a big game still feels kind of weird, even though their last sub .500 season was back in 2013.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied

This playoff will come down to who is healthiest in a month - and Covid-free. Unlike most years I don't see a truly dominant team.
    It's gonna make the playoffs fun to watch.

My personal bias is I like as many psac teams and even more so psac west teams in. Just more interesting to watch for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied

This playoff will come down to who is healthiest in a month - and Covid-free. Unlike most years I don't see a truly dominant team.
    I feel like every team has a glass jaw. For Shepherd, I could see us winning the region or losing the first game. Hell, I could see us losing to SRU and being left out. Who knows?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No problem with supporting your team, but most of us can acknowledge our teams' faults. None of us have juggernauts, especially this season.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Hawk15 View Post

Talk is cheap... I would really love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Especially since your so confident in your team. Your just a iup troll.
    Okay, kid.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    I was on a high school staff in WV for about 6 years, and we were a borderline playoff team that had a run to the semifinals my fourth year there. But I guarantee that we made adjustments as the game went. Of course, we took our personnel into account. In the years we didn't have a good QB we couldn't suddenly sling it all over the field, for example.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort is close to .500 in big games. Maybe a hair above it. I can't run the numbers right now.

There have been 'big games' not involving those three teams.

He is 1-0 vs Kutztown, 2-0 vs Ashland, 2-0 vs West Chester in 2017 (including winning State Game on road), beat Assumption in playoffs, beat New Haven.

But, yes, 4-4 vs Rock and Cal and 0-2 vs Shepherd. Also, the West Florida home loss.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-27-2021, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied

5-1 ... The same blowhard crap we've heard from IUP since the 90s without the resume to back it up. Congratulations on winning the weakest region in D2 every now and then, like the rest of the good SR1 programs.
    Talk is cheap... I would really love to see a rematch in the playoffs. Especially since your so confident in your team. Your just a iup troll.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by RockNation View Post

Just a couple IUP students trying to troll us "old heads."

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by RockNation View Post

Just a couple IUP students trying to troll us "old heads."

Leave a comment:

Ad3