Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    There's Montana Western, Virginia Western, Missouri Western, Arizona Western, California Western and plain old just Northwestern

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    So, the game between The Pennsylvania Western University-Clarion and The Pennsylvania Western University-California is off.

That just really rolls off the tongue.
    Western Penn in Pittsburgh closed in 2017, that probably freed up the name to use again.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    So, the game between The Pennsylvania Western University-Clarion and The Pennsylvania Western University-California is off.

That just really rolls off the tongue.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Somebody likely felf it sounded more fancy that way.
    Case Western University.

They just need to leave IUP alone.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

I apologize for not keeping up but will PennWest have 3 different athletic departments?
    That is the plan. Following through with it is another story.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Somebody likely felf it sounded more fancy that way.

Leave a comment:

• UFOILERFAN
    replied
    I apologize for not keeping up but will PennWest have 3 different athletic departments?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    At least now students can say they attend THE Pennsylvania Western University.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

100%. People also lack perspective. Edinboro for example hasn't always been called Edinboro. There were several years it was called the Northwest State Normal School. Schools change their names. Most recently I can think of is Tri-State becoming Trine. Beaver College became Arcadia before that. Mergers by any name are coming. The birth rate is plummeting. Adult students are attending online at schools designed for that with easier enrollment processes. We can't stay the course. Its a turd sandwich and sometimes we have to tell ourselves that its just a bad sloppy joe.

The comments are disheartening, too. Withholding donations (usually said by people who don't donate) only makes the problem worse. A lot of people who seem to have ignored the previous messages about athletics, nicknames, campus names, etc. and some who seem to have missed the entire integration messaging. Sheesh.
    Beaver College was always a bit of a local punchline.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 10-14-2021, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied

They're semi-public and a bit underwhelming. I'm okay with that.
    Hopefully they don't get used much.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Who gets to vote ?
    I believe Students.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

Yes. Although the new U will have a logo too. There are 3 variations that will be voted on.
    They're semi-public and a bit underwhelming. I'm okay with that.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

Yes. Although the new U will have a logo too. There are 3 variations that will be voted on.
    Who gets to vote ?

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

At least it's better than Western Pennsylvania University or, God forbid, Pennsylvania University.... PU....and like all rebranding will take getting used to. Honest question will the three branches of PWU keep their traditional colors and mascots ? I'm assuming yes and am actually interested in seeing what a red, black and white PWU-CAL banner will look like.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    At least now students can say they attend THE Pennsylvania Western University.
    At least it's better than Western Pennsylvania University or, God forbid, Pennsylvania University.... PU....and like all rebranding will take getting used to. Honest question will the three branches of PWU keep their traditional colors and mascots ? I'm assuming yes and am actually interested in seeing what a red, black and white PWU-CAL banner will look like.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X