X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Wolf hasn't been in office for 7 years??

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    A couple of years ago WCU had a sizable TV ad campaign in the Philadelphia market. Do they still do that?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Many other's including Wolfe who has been in office for the last seven years!

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Never mind, I'm trying not to disturb the no politics crowd.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

No. That comment is a complete revision of history.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

No. That comment is a complete revision of history.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    State schools pay a company to do most of their media buys. Private schools tend to do a much better job at identifying targets for ad buys.
    My suggestion is that they run ads for the system as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

They probably don't have money to do that...U of Scranton is a very successful private school.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    State schools pay a company to do most of their media buys. Private schools tend to do a much better job at identifying targets for ad buys.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    They probably don't have money to do that...U of Scranton is a very successful private school.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied

You know who doesn't give a hoot? Dan Greenstein doesn't give a hoot about the athletics aspect of it. I don't think I'm being unrealistic. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm seeing things realistically.
    He cares primarily about the schools survival I'd say...and as long as athletics has a positive roi, he'll want them.

That said, I think there's an expectation that Greenstein is designing this all and the one that contacts the ncaa, etc. This is largely on the Triads themselves and the consultants hired.

Because of some of the horrible financial projections, passhe kind of panicked and moved this forward very quick. Like, these Triads shouldn't be going live this soon. This should have been a multi-year planning process and implementation imo.

The athletics and middlestates decisions are a ramification of that. I really don't think there is malicious intent. I think they're panicked as a bunch of schools have no reserves and are projected to lose millions over future years.

Now, the question I ask is - Between special funding for the integration and savings from the pension funding...could they have used that money differently and avoided this all?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

We don't know what the end result of this will really be. The NCAA doesn't give a hoot about the PA legislature. Speaking of which, the legislature is one of the major reasons this whole consolidation plan is necessary. If the legislature had properly funded PASSHE schools, the situation would not nearly be as bad as it is...
    You know who doesn't give a hoot? Dan Greenstein doesn't give a hoot about the athletics aspect of it. I don't think I'm being unrealistic. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm seeing things realistically.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

Ok, well a law has been put in place by the PA legislature enabling this process. The BOG has approved a plan that covered something like 450 pages. Tell me, do you think there is not enough info to get a ruling from the NCAA?
    We don't know what the end result of this will really be. The NCAA doesn't give a hoot about the PA legislature. Speaking of which, the legislature is one of the major reasons this whole consolidation plan is necessary. If the legislature had properly funded PASSHE schools, the situation would not nearly be as bad as it is...

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X