Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IUP has big edge in special teams, especially the kicking part.. Let's no forget the THE ROCK kickoff team allowed 2 KO returns against Seton Hill, luckily they were both called back because of penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
      IUP has big edge in special teams, especially the kicking part.. Let's no forget the THE ROCK kickoff team allowed 2 KO returns against Seton Hill, luckily they were both called back because of penalties.
      One really unsung item for IUP is Irv Charles is a tremendous special teams player.

He's huge and very physical ... and can fly. He was the gunner at Penn State. I usually wouldn't support a star covering punts but he's a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

One really unsung item for IUP is Irv Charles is a tremendous special teams player.

He's huge and very physical ... and can fly. He was the gunner at Penn State. I usually wouldn't support a star covering punts but he's a beast.
        It makes his chances of getting a look from the pros better,

Comment

14 of 16 have picked SRU in the Pick 'Em

Comment

I would be shocked if it's a blowout in either direction, but it's hard to pick against the home team on Homecoming.

Comment

The DL coach (Anthony Leonard) was highly respected by the players. And, frankly, they were probably all terrified of him. Big dude. He was a huge loss. He was a former team captain at WVU, WPIAL star, etc.

It was just so apparent on the sidelines he commanded his troops -- and they listened.

Comment

I expect it will be close to capacity. Not a long road trip for the visitors...will there a large number of IUP fans there?

Comment

Not replacing the secondary coach was a bad move. And it's showing so far on the field.

After being blamed for the playoff loss to Shepherd, I do not blame Haynes for not returning.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                      I expect it will be close to capacity. Not a long road trip for the visitors...will there a large number of IUP fans there?
                      I would say IUP may take 200 to 325 up there. Any more would shock me.

I'd love to see the cheerleaders and Ghostbusters make the short trip but that is just wishful thinking. I'd love to see 1-2 student buses being offered but, well, wishful thinking.

But, if it's the right 200 to 325 it can make a big difference. Typically the IUP road fans actually get engaged (unlike the Miller Stadium crowd). I think you get the diehards who travel .... and they all get crammed together and feed off each other.

We took over the stadium at the PSAC title game at Walk-On U in 2017 with a group about that size.

Comment

I would say IUP may take 200 to 325 up there. Any more would shock me.

I'd love to see the cheerleaders and Ghostbusters make the short trip but that is just wishful thinking. I'd love to see 1-2 student buses being offered but, well, wishful thinking.

But, if it's the right 200 to 325 it can make a big difference. Typically the IUP road fans actually get engaged (unlike the Miller Stadium crowd). I think you get the diehards who travel .... and they all get crammed together and feed off each other.

We took over the stadium at the PSAC title game at Walk-On U in 2017 with a group about that size.

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                          I was hoping for 10K like in 2017 but I think the weather will put a damper on the number.

Comment

Was just thinking about this - its 19 years ago. No way it happens the same way today - the non football players are just not that energetic

https://vindyarchives.com/news/2002/...sion-of/?print

INDIANA, Pa. (AP) -- The Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference, rejecting an appeal by Indiana University of Pennsylvania, suspended five Indiana football players Friday for one game because of a postgame fight at Slippery Rock. Slippery Rock didn't appeal the PSAC's decision to suspend four of its players, who were not identified by the school or the conference. They will miss Slippery Rock's final regular season game Saturday at Clarion. IUP doesn't play this week, but is ranked No. 6 in the American Football Coaches Association Division II poll and is virtually assured of a first-round playoff game next Saturday. Its suspended players, including four starters, will miss that game.

The fight occurred last Saturday after IUP clinched the PSAC-Western Division title with a 34-28 overtime win over Slippery Rock.
                            After the win, several Indiana players rushed toward a ceremonial rock dedicated to former Slippery Rock coach Bob DiSpirito and got involved in a fight with ROTC cadets. The cadets were stationed there to prevent Indiana players from scaling the rock as they did after beating Slippery Rock three years ago. IUP players IUP officials identified the five suspended players as cornerback Kairi Cooper, defensive tackle Craig Prince, defensive end Andrew Battle, fullback Justin Spence and wide receiver Ben Shaffer. Shaffer is the only nonstarter.
                            "We believed that there were serious due process and evidentiary problems in the conference decision and the way in which it was made," said IUP President Lawrence Pettit. "We appealed the decision, and now we are moving on."

"The incident at Slippery Rock is one that we regret, something that detracted from an otherwise exceptional football game," Pettit said.The melee "mars what should have been a celebration of great competition," said conference Commissioner Steve Murray. "Both teams share a portion of the blame. The conference has taken the appropriate actions to ensure a similar incident does not occur in the future." The cheerleaders from both schools are also suspended from the next football game. The cheer squads also may not visit the opposing team's campus for the next two football games against each another.

Both schools are on a two-year probation during which they could face more severe penalties if another incident occurs, Murray said.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                              Was just thinking about this - its 19 years ago. No way it happens the same way today - the non football players are just not that energetic

https://vindyarchives.com/news/2002/...sion-of/?print

INDIANA, Pa. (AP) -- The Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference, rejecting an appeal by Indiana University of Pennsylvania, suspended five Indiana football players Friday for one game because of a postgame fight at Slippery Rock. Slippery Rock didn't appeal the PSAC's decision to suspend four of its players, who were not identified by the school or the conference. They will miss Slippery Rock's final regular season game Saturday at Clarion. IUP doesn't play this week, but is ranked No. 6 in the American Football Coaches Association Division II poll and is virtually assured of a first-round playoff game next Saturday. Its suspended players, including four starters, will miss that game.

The fight occurred last Saturday after IUP clinched the PSAC-Western Division title with a 34-28 overtime win over Slippery Rock.
                              After the win, several Indiana players rushed toward a ceremonial rock dedicated to former Slippery Rock coach Bob DiSpirito and got involved in a fight with ROTC cadets. The cadets were stationed there to prevent Indiana players from scaling the rock as they did after beating Slippery Rock three years ago. IUP players IUP officials identified the five suspended players as cornerback Kairi Cooper, defensive tackle Craig Prince, defensive end Andrew Battle, fullback Justin Spence and wide receiver Ben Shaffer. Shaffer is the only nonstarter.
                              "We believed that there were serious due process and evidentiary problems in the conference decision and the way in which it was made," said IUP President Lawrence Pettit. "We appealed the decision, and now we are moving on."

"The incident at Slippery Rock is one that we regret, something that detracted from an otherwise exceptional football game," Pettit said.The melee "mars what should have been a celebration of great competition," said conference Commissioner Steve Murray. "Both teams share a portion of the blame. The conference has taken the appropriate actions to ensure a similar incident does not occur in the future." The cheerleaders from both schools are also suspended from the next football game. The cheer squads also may not visit the opposing team's campus for the next two football games against each another.

Both schools are on a two-year probation during which they could face more severe penalties if another incident occurs, Murray said.
                              I was there. That was Rock Dance 2. SRU knew that one was coming.

Comment

I was there. That was Rock Dance 2. SRU knew that one was coming.
                                **** Slimey Pebble!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X