Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP / Slippery Rock week

So its rivalry week, some thoughts to get us started

1. IUP has a good offense, though the run game hasn't been up to its normal standards.
    2. Will IUP be up for the game - I'm sure they'll talk trash, but will they be focused ?
    3. How good is the SRU defense ? they haven't played a good offense yet - probably their toughest game was ESU, but they're not an offensive power this year.
    4. SRU can put up points, no doubt licking their chops at IUP's 3 Freshman DBs - the DL is going to have to play as well as they did against Kutztown in the 4th quarter for the whole game.
    5. Might the IUP coaches have some surprises for the big game ? naw, they never do
    6 IUP should be underdogs, but I doubt SRU is too confident. The difference in competition level for SRU should help IUP get off to a good start for once. Let's hope they take advantage and come out aggressive.

My Keys to the game - IUP pass rush, and at least a decent running game. SRU needs to slow down the IUP passing game, not allow big plays to Brown or Charles.
    IUP has to be more disciplined. Its a close game without stupid mistakes.

Oh, and slimey pebble sucks

**** Slimey Pebble.

Comment

SRU isnt overlooking IUP. After the sloppy showing vs Wayne St. Rock won't overlook anyone. It's gonna be a dog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
        SRU isnt overlooking IUP. After the sloppy showing vs Wayne St. Rock won't overlook anyone. It's gonna be a dog fight.
        Certainly hoping for a tough drawn out game that might leave the C'HAWKS content, but perhaps overconfident, winners.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Certainly hoping for a tough drawn out game that might leave the C'HAWKS content, but perhaps overconfident, winners.
          Slimey pebble week. Mihalik and the boys get to watch the hawks dance around their precious rock. GO HAWKS.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
            So its rivalry week, some thoughts to get us started

1. IUP has a good offense, though the run game hasn't been up to its normal standards.
            2. Will IUP be up for the game - I'm sure they'll talk trash, but will they be focused ?
            3. How good is the SRU defense ? they haven't played a good offense yet - probably their toughest game was ESU, but they're not an offensive power this year.
            4. SRU can put up points, no doubt licking their chops at IUP's 3 Freshman DBs - the DL is going to have to play as well as they did against Kutztown in the 4th quarter for the whole game.
            5. Might the IUP coaches have some surprises for the big game ? naw, they never do
            6 IUP should be underdogs, but I doubt SRU is too confident. The difference in competition level for SRU should help IUP get off to a good start for once. Let's hope they take advantage and come out aggressive.

My Keys to the game - IUP pass rush, and at least a decent running game. SRU needs to slow down the IUP passing game, not allow big plays to Brown or Charles.
            IUP has to be more disciplined. Its a close game without stupid mistakes.

Oh, and slimey pebble sucks

My ABSOLUTE KEY NO. 1 to this game: Survive the first quarter.

IUP's last two games against SRU ... the Hawks have got completely lambasted in the first and second quarters. Great comebacks in both, sure, but it still didn't matter.

This will be the largest crowd many of these players have ever played in front of in their lives. The staff has to work in to their brains all week to zone that out. This also won't be just your typical big Homecoming Crowd that shows up at the game just for something to do. You are the hated visitors and a largely drunk crowd will be trying to bait and taunt you in to everything.

Oddly, for some reason I think this particular IUP group may actually thrive in that environment.

If I'm Tort, should IUP win the toss, I want the ball. No defer. Get your best unit on the field. Try and let them play from behind for once.

Comment

The other big factor is IUP most likely understands what a second loss will do to their playoff chances. Not saying they won't still get in, but it will definitely be a wait and see setup. The three way tie on top of the MEC doesn't help. I'm thinking IUP will be up and ready for this one, but will it be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
                The other big factor is IUP most likely understands what a second loss will do to their playoff chances. Not saying they won't still get in, but it will definitely be a wait and see setup. The three way tie on top of the MEC doesn't help. I'm thinking IUP will be up and ready for this one, but will it be enough.
                If Slippery Rock beats IUP, and Shepherd and Kutztown run the table, it would be difficult for a two-loss IUP to make the playoffs. Don't know if they'd want four teams from the PSAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If Slippery Rock beats IUP, and Shepherd and Kutztown run the table, it would be difficult for a two-loss IUP to make the playoffs. Don't know if they'd want four teams from the PSAC.

IUP loses and it is essentially basketball season pending some miracle. This is their first playoff game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP loses and it is essentially basketball season pending some miracle. This is their first playoff game.
                    And this team quits like the 2018 version that got basted by Ship in the season finale!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

And this team quits like the 2018 version that got basted by Ship in the season finale!

Comment

While I agree it is not impossible for this year's team to run the tables, some of us do not believe this team has played up to their potential.
                        Last edited by ShoNuff; 10-11-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

I know it seems negative but this "team" doesn't play like a "TEAM." Collectively there is a lot of talent but they certainly aren't putting it into a team effort. Also, just watch their demeanor on the sideline whenn things are going their way. THEY QUIT!!! THEY ARGUE!!! THEY SLAM EQUIPMENT!!! Not one player tries to round up the troops and fix the problems!

The defense is one big hole. SRU will attack the middle of this defense at will Saturday unless it's fixed in a hurry this week. I don't see it, this coaching staff has never pproved they can!

The offense MUST run the ball better. Blah blah... a couplle guys on here will rattle stats but those stats don't mean they are running the ball good! These running backs miss the holes! They don't explode with the ball.

I sure hope they watch film this week and see these things!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I know it seems negative but this "team" doesn't play like a "TEAM." Collectively there is a lot of talent but they certainly aren't putting it into a team effort. Also, just watch their demeanor on the sideline whenn things are going their way. THEY QUIT!!! THEY ARGUE!!! THEY SLAM EQUIPMENT!!! Not one player tries to round up the troops and fix the problems!

The defense is one big hole. SRU will attack the middle of this defense at will Saturday unless it's fixed in a hurry this week. I don't see it, this coaching staff has never pproved they can!

The offense MUST run the ball better. Blah blah... a couplle guys on here will rattle stats but those stats don't mean they are running the ball good! These running backs miss the holes! They don't explode with the ball.

I sure hope they watch film this week and see these things!
                            You are spot-on IUPalum . I can also question the leadership from the players. As you stated, when things begin to fall off the tracks, the players start throwing their tantrums on the sidelines. That is a sign of "quitting".

I am guessing that the sudden departure of DL Coach prior to the beginning of the season has had a domino affect on the defensive side of the ball. Probably had to shift around some responsibilities.

The running game needs some improvement, especially if IUP plans to play in the post-season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

You are spot-on IUPalum . I can also question the leadership from the players. As you stated, when things begin to fall off the tracks, the players start throwing their tantrums on the sidelines. That is a sign of "quitting".

I am guessing that the sudden departure of DL Coach prior to the beginning of the season has had a domino affect on the defensive side of the ball. Probably had to shift around some responsibilities.

The running game needs some improvement, especially if IUP plans to play in the post-season.
                              The DL coach (Anthony Leonard) was highly respected by the players. And, frankly, they were probably all terrified of him. Big dude. He was a huge loss. He was a former team captain at WVU, WPIAL star, etc.

It was just so apparent on the sidelines he commanded his troops -- and they listened.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X