Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Just curious. Was Reed injured during the Newberry game? He didn't look himself.
    Hard to say, if he was nothing was said about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

If you take away those Jimmy T years (2003-06), when ESU was very good, the Warriors are a sub-.500 team (193-194-3) since 1980.

Comment

• I just looked this up and my mind is blown: Of Douds' 264 career wins, 74 came against Cheyney (43-1) and Mansfield (31-2).
        That's 28 percent of his total wins.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

I just looked this up and my mind is blown: Of Douds' 264 career wins, 74 came against Cheyney (43-1) and Mansfield (31-2).

Comment

• Good thing urine is renewable

Comment

• As the PBP clearly shows, IUP went up 52-21 on the first drive of the 2nd half. I think the starters could have been pulled after that possession, but that's just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                Some East Stroudsburg scores since 1974......

1976 - ESU 54 Mansfield 8
                1977 - ESU 51 Mansfield 6
                1977 - ESU 69 Cortland St 14
                1978 - ESU 64 Cortland St 7
                1980 - ESU 70 Bloomsburg 15
                1981 - ESU 49 Bloomsburg 0

Lets move on to the 2000's
                2003 - ESU 58 Lenoir-Rhyne (Eleanor Whines) 0
                2004 - ESU 55 Cheyney 0
                2005 - ESU 72 Bentley 17
                2005 - ESU 56 Clarion 0
                2006 - ESU 61 Mansfield 7
                2007 - ESU 58 Lock Haven 13

...and this is just a small sample...there are more run ups on hapless oppnents....and why any accusation by ESU of IUP running it up on them should be met with laughter.
                Just a reminder of ESU running up scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Just a reminder of ESU running up scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                    Don't want to get the score run up on you? Play better. This really does not have to be complicated.

D2 is scholarship football. If you don't want to be blown out, take it seriously.

Comment

I just looked this up and my mind is blown: Of Douds' 264 career wins, 74 came against Cheyney (43-1) and Mansfield (31-2).
                      Cheyney probably should have gotten off the football field a long time before it did. Sadly, their once-proud basketball program is now in the same state. Our local Penn State branch campus waxed them by about 25 points in a game earlier this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

I've debated with you in the past, and here it is again...

03- ESU 58 - Lenoir-Rhyne 0 - ESU led at HALFTIME 58-0
                        04- ESU 55 - Cheyney 0 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 42-0
                        05 - ESU 72 - Bentley 17 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 58-3
                        05 - ESU 56 - Clarion 0 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 42 - 0
                        06 - ESU 61 - Mansfield 7 - ESU led At HALFTIME it was 42 - 0 (according to the box score the starters scored the 1st possession of the 2nd half, and then they were done).
                        07 - ESU 58 - Lock Haven 13- At HALFTIME it was 30-13. Here you have an argument where the starters did play the rest of the game.

I don't find it to be running up the score when the team's second team scores in the second half. That is what you said to in your above posts, correct?

Even coaching high school football, and having a mercy rule at halftime, I believe that in the 1st half anything goes (for the most part. you do get some POOR teams), but after half we have always given our starters ONE series before they were completely done. Some may disagree, but I believe that is fair. For the majority of the above games that was the same case, as provided by the halftime scores.

As far as the ESU accusation of IUP running up the score, that is bs. That game was out of hand, and IUP could have put 100 up if they wanted to. If second and third teamers are scoring, as was the case with IUP that day, oh well. When the leading team starts to call multiple dive and iso plays, and the defense still can't stop it, than that is on the defense, and it is not "running it up" or poor sportsmanship.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

As the PBP clearly shows, IUP went up 52-21 on the first drive of the 2nd half. I think the starters could have been pulled after that possession, but that's just me.
                          Considering ESU scored 21 points after that, it's probably a good thing for IUP that Cignetti didn't pull the starters then.
                          http://www.indianagazette.com
                          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Considering ESU scored 21 points after that, it's probably a good thing for IUP that Cignetti didn't pull the starters then.

"I've been coaching too long," Bill Belichick said when asked about allegedly running up the score. "I remember being on that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop them. It's not the offense's job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the (beep) do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job."

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X