Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
    Does anyone know who Shepherd has Week 1 next season? I don't know if the series with Ohio Dominican is still continuing or if that was the end of that contract.
    Pretty sure it was only a 2 year thing. Probably won't hear anything till early 2022 or spring next year on a OOC team.

Comment

Yeah its quite the opposite of FBS where OOC games are scheduled 8-10 years in advance. In some cases these games are scheduled 8-10 weeks out but most are 6-12 months in advance. Its rare that a school has its non-conference schedule set more than 1 or 2 years out without a multi-game agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Yeah its quite the opposite of FBS where OOC games are scheduled 8-10 years in advance. In some cases these games are scheduled 8-10 weeks out but most are 6-12 months in advance. Its rare that a school has its non-conference schedule set more than 1 or 2 years out without a multi-game agreement.

I still don't see why a West team can't play an East team in Week 1 (one that isn't on eithers' schedule that year). They can still call it a 'non-conference' game (happens in basketball a lot).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I still don't see why a West team can't play an East team in Week 1 (one that isn't on eithers' schedule that year). They can still call it a 'non-conference' game (happens in basketball a lot).
          They can and do. Clarion played Shippensburg in week 1 in 2019.

Comment

Comment

No thank you. Honestly, I'd like to have 2 weeks of potential OOC games as an option. If you want to play other PSAC schools that aren't in the rotation, have at it.

Comment

Out of conference matchups can help come playoff time in getting an extra team from your conference. That is if your conference actually wins

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Pretty sure it was only a 2 year thing. Probably won't hear anything till early 2022 or spring next year on a OOC team.
                  I would love to see a game with Frostburg State.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                    Frank's son Curt ran it up here at ESU back in '16. IUP 73, ESU 42. Guess it runs in the family.
                    Come on, you were there. Look at the play-by-play.

IUP's starters were out after the first possession of the fourth quarter. It got out of hand because ESU couldn't stop anyone in an IUP uniform. I mean, IUP took a knee at the ESU 2 in the final minute.

I remember walking off the field and Curt Cignetti said to me something like, "I'm gonna get some (crap) for the score, but we could have scored 100 if we wanted to."

OK, so I'm bored ;)
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post

I would love to see a game with Frostburg State.
                      I think they're the wild card in the region moving forward. It's interesting how quickly they have become a legit D2 regional contender.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        The Pee Sack should just go to a full conference 11 game schedule.
                        Nah. That would make the PSAC like the Northeast-10 was for all those years when they wouldn't play anybody and they'd have a team go 10-0 and nobody knew if they were any good or not.

I'd rather have two crossovers and two open weeks. Encourage regional non-conference games. Maybe even get the other conferences on board for some kind of annual interconference matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I heard from a Bowie State Alumni that they were trying to get a home & home series but were told to come back after the season to discuss. So, you're probably right that we won't hear anything until Spring. I think that would be nice for the whole DMV area if that could be booked.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Come on, you were there. Look at the play-by-play.

IUP's starters were out after the first possession of the fourth quarter. It got out of hand because ESU couldn't stop anyone in an IUP uniform. I mean, IUP took a knee at the ESU 2 in the final minute.

I remember walking off the field and Curt Cignetti said to me something like, "I'm gonna get some (crap) for the score, but we could have scored 100 if we wanted to."

OK, so I'm bored ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Nah. That would make the PSAC like the Northeast-10 was for all those years when they wouldn't play anybody and they'd have a team go 10-0 and nobody knew if they were any good or not.

I'd rather have two crossovers and two open weeks. Encourage regional non-conference games. Maybe even get the other conferences on board for some kind of annual interconference matchups.
                              Curt could have definitely put a hundo on Nation's favorite scoreboard that day.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I heard from a Bowie State Alumni that they were trying to get a home & home series but were told to come back after the season to discuss. So, you're probably right that we won't hear anything until Spring. I think that would be nice for the whole DMV area if that could be booked.
                                Bowie State would be another great local series. Between them and Frostburg State, it should almost be on rotation every 2 years with each program or a round robin of sorts between the 3. Right now all 3 are really humming right now as programs too.

We've had series with Bowie State in the past as well, early 2010's I think.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X